✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Yes we looked weak.
I never thought about it in that way, but I suppose you may be right. We were so afraid of a democratically elected government in Iran that we had to destroy it.

Upvote 0

Arc F1

Let the righteous man arise from slumber
Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I never thought about it in that way, but I suppose you may be right. We were so afraid of a democratically elected government in Iran that we had to destroy it.

Remember Iran contra? We are always involved in some kind of stuff. Stuff is the only nice way I can say it.

Upvote 0

Jonathan Walkerin

Feb 12, 2019
Stockholm
✟72,396.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Please post a non biased source.

Somehow I think you cherish your idea that US gave them money too much to accept any source especially if fact checker is too biased for you.

How about you link any credible news article claiming it indeed was US money instead of just being frozen Iranian assets being freed ?

Should be interesting. Why is reality hard to accept ?

edit : Well hardly unbiased but the bias is on “your side” here is FOX news about it

AP FACT CHECK: Trump's misreading of Iran deal

Upvote 0

Arc F1

Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Somehow I think you cherish your idea that US gave them money too much to accept any source especially if fact checker is too biased for you.

How about you link any credible news article claiming it indeed was US money instead of just being frozen Iranian assets being freed ?

Should be interesting. Why is reality hard to accept ?

edit : Well hardly unbiased but the bias is on “your side” here is FOX news about it

AP FACT CHECK: Trump's misreading of Iran deal

All those fact checking places do is an internet search of left leaning sites. They don't actually fact check anything.

I haven't watched fox since whatever his name was came out of the closet.

If Obama wanted to pay them he could have gone through congress and been upfront about it. He didn't have to sneak around exchanging dollars for other currency then fly it over in the dark on a helicopter. His intent was clear.

Upvote 0

JohnDB

May 16, 2007
nashville
✟46,421.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I remember Carter and Reagan and our hostages in Iran.

I'm sure that their president remembers when he stood guard over our citizens as their jailor in our embassy too.

I'm very comfortable with destroying their nuclear capabilities and people assisting them in their pursuits.

I'm also very uncomfortable with their interference with our Election in favor of Joe Biden.

I love the saffron from Iran...but not to the point where it kills me.

Upvote 0

Jonathan Walkerin

Feb 12, 2019
Stockholm
✟72,396.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
All those fact checking places do is an internet search of left leaning sites. They don't actually fact check anything.

I haven't watched fox since whatever his name was came out of the closet.

Right, right. So what is your unbiased news source since fact checker is so leftist, FOX is presumably so rightist what do you consider proper news source?

Some random YouTuber named “Oliver and real truth” with no facts nor links and 11 subscribers if you count their cats ?

Not sure what Obama’s helicopter flights have to do with the money being Iranian nor what what meaning flying in the night has.

Not like it has any meaning in politics today. Obama wasn’t Seal team 6 where night flights count for something.

Bit like saying if Trump puts on a hoodie and gets the hood up people won’t find him in the Oval Office and his presidency will continue.

If you want to move goal posts to how Obama handled the case feel free to make a case out of it but the facts are it was Iranian money that had been frozen which was unfrozen in the deal.

US taxpayers didn’t pick up a tab on it.

If you have any article saying something different feel free to post it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Arc F1

Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Right, right. So what is your unbiased news source since fact checker is so leftist, FOX is presumably so rightist what do you consider proper news source?

Some random YouTuber named “Oliver and real truth” with no facts nor links and 11 subscribers if you count their cats ?

Not sure what Obama’s helicopter flights have to do with the money being Iranian nor what what meaning flying in the night has.

Not like it has any meaning in politics today. Obama wasn’t Seal team 6 where night flights count for something.

Bit like saying if Trump puts on a hoodie and gets the hood up people won’t find him in the Oval Office and his presidency will continue.

If you want to move goal posts to how Obama handled the case feel free to make a case out of it but the facts are it was Iranian money that had been frozen which was unfrozen in the deal.

US taxpayers didn’t pick up a tab on it.

If you have any article saying something different feel free to post it.

I will be the first to admit we have passed the point of factual news. There's not one site out there that hasn't spread something false. Nobody investigates anymore. Internet searches have replaced all of that.

Upvote 0

Jonathan Walkerin

Feb 12, 2019
Stockholm
✟72,396.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

JohnDB

May 16, 2007
nashville
✟46,421.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do you remember when US overthrow their democratic government and installed their puppet dictator in operation Ajax

1953 Iranian coup d'état - Wikipedia

Which created the conditions that led to Iranian Revolution

Iranian Revolution - Wikipedia

Which leads you to this day where you are in all your righteousness quite ready to hammer the country.

What I don't want is for any part of America or our friends to start glowing in the dark because Iran's tin pot dictator finally made good on the decades of promises to attack america with nuclear weapons.

Upvote 0

Jonathan Walkerin

Feb 12, 2019
Stockholm
✟72,396.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I will be the first to admit we have passed the point of factual news. There's not one site out there that hasn't spread something false. Nobody investigates anymore. Internet searches have replaced all of that.

Well apparently some of us have passed “factual news”

So since we apparently can’t believe anything any more why are you claiming that money was US money ?

How did you investigate that those billions of frozen assets were in reality US money ?

I mean you didn’t just take some crackpots unsubstantiated claims just because they felt good and fit your personal narrative right ?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jonathan Walkerin

Feb 12, 2019
Stockholm
✟72,396.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
What I don't want is for any part of America or our friends to start glowing in the dark because Iran's tin pot dictator finally made good on the decades of promises to attack america with nuclear weapons.

Decades of promises to attack America with nuclear weapons they don’t have even now ?

Doesn’t that sound bit peculiar if you think about it ?

But feel free to provide some links.

Upvote 0

Arc F1

Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well apparently some of us have passed “factual news”

So since we apparently can’t believe anything any more why are you claiming that money was US money ?

How did you investigate that those billions of frozen assets were in reality US money ?

I mean you didn’t just take some crackpots unsubstantiated claims just because they felt good and fit your personal narrative right ?

I'm just passing on my biased opinion just like everyone else.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,172,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Good news, we have no friends in range of them.

Upvote 0

JohnDB

May 16, 2007
nashville
✟46,421.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Decades of promises to attack America with nuclear weapons they don’t have even now ?

Doesn’t that sound bit peculiar if you think about it ?

But feel free to provide some links.

They have increased their capabilities to actually do it.

They are capable of quickly doing it with their currently held stockpile in a variety of methods.

I'd sleep better knowing that their nuclear scientific community is gone and their equipment and supplies were destroyed...I think the average Iranian would too.

Upvote 0