Are we going to be wearing mask for years?

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Coronavirus expert says Americans will be wearing masks for ‘several years’

“I think that mask wearing and some degree of social distancing, we will be living with — hopefully living with happily — for several years,” he said. “It's actually pretty straightforward. If we cover our faces, and both you and anyone you're interacting with are wearing a mask, the risk of transmission goes way down.”

Dr. Anthony Fauci, a top official handling the U.S. COVID-19 response, said recently he was cautiously optimistic that there could be a vaccine for the virus by 2021.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Wasn't encouraging to see this on this morning.
Best start praying for a miracle.
M

• Prayers
Reactions: Ronit

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,476.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Maybe, or whenever we get a Democrat in the White House; then everything will be perfect! o_O

It's been so very far from perfect in the basement.
How could it improve in the White House?

Call the Secret Service
he lost his keys again.

M

Upvote 0

Brightmoon

Apes and humans are all in family Hominidae.
Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I absolutely hate wearing my mask . And I wear it anyway . I know at least 6 people who have died from this . My own son caught it. luckily, he’s fine except he’s having trouble detecting odors

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,011,746.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
My mates master bought him this, thinking he was protecting him!

unnamed.jpg

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,158,031.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Coronavirus expert says Americans will be wearing masks for ‘several years’

“I think that mask wearing and some degree of social distancing, we will be living with — hopefully living with happily — for several years,” he said. “It's actually pretty straightforward. If we cover our faces, and both you and anyone you're interacting with are wearing a mask, the risk of transmission goes way down.”

Dr. Anthony Fauci, a top official handling the U.S. COVID-19 response, said recently he was cautiously optimistic that there could be a vaccine for the virus by 2021.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Wasn't encouraging to see this on this morning.
Best start praying for a miracle.
M

In the OP linked Fox News video interview, the interviewee suggests (or just says) that elected democrat mayors and governors are tolerating violent anarchy, or allowing it, or winking at it, etc.

That's entirely false.

In fact, the Democratic mayors and governors who temporarily allowed Constitutional Freedom of Assembly....

Ended that freedom of assembly as soon as it showed more actual violence happening.

That's the reality. Opposite of what the interviewee says.

So, the Fox News interview said the opposite of the real facts.

---------
Masks? Guessing, but likely some of these vaccines will work well enough, and by sometime next year, we will very likely be able to forego masks. (caveat: we don't have a crystal ball. We could eventually be free of masks unless some new virus or such comes that is even worse, and more deadly, and if that happens then most Americans will again choose to wear masks for their own protection)

• Useful
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I absolutely hate wearing my mask . And I wear it anyway . I know at least 6 people who have died from this . My own son caught it luckily he’s fine except he’s having trouble detecting odors

I don't know anyone (yet) who knows that many people who have died from CV. Prayers sent out your way.
We know two that know two that have died.
Rough times
seems things change daily
things reopening
things shutting down again
yet, I hear that schools will be reopening.

My younger wife is a teacher
not excited regarding what she could bring home
to the higher risk Mountainguy.

We of this house do trust in the Lord.
But, better safe than sorry.
M

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Brightmoon

Apes and humans are all in family Hominidae.
Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
That’s because I live in NYC. Close to the epicenter. No one in my family has died from this but it’s still traumatic when people you know die and within a couple of weeks

Upvote 0

sometimesthewolf

Aug 24, 2017
The Desert
✟10,225.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That’s because I live in NYC. Close to the epicenter. No one in my family has died from this but it’s still traumatic when people you know die and within a couple of weeks

Maybe they had underlying health conditions?

The fact that cases are being inflated, and deaths that have nothing to do with covid are being labeled as covid regardless, makes me skeptical.

Upvote 0

Lord Vega

King NES
Jun 13, 2020
Clearwater, FL
✟17,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Maybe, or whenever we get a Democrat in the White House; then everything will be perfect! o_O

My thoughts exactly. If Joe Biden becomes president, the liberal media will quit making a big deal about coronavirus, otherwise it would make a Democrat in the White House look bad.

My prediction is that Donald Trump will get reelected. Biden, who seems to be losing his faculties due to old age, doesn't generate the enthusiasm that Trump does. Also, there is the fact that Kanye West recently announced that he is running for president as an independent. Assuming his presidential run isn't a fluke publicity stunt and he actually goes forward with it, he'll take away a lot of black voters from Biden, which should solidify Trump's victory.

Since Trump's win is a given, I fear the coronavirus lockdown will continue for at least three more years.

Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

nonaeroterraqueous

Nonexistent Member
Aug 16, 2014
✟188,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I think that mask wearing and some degree of social distancing, we will be living with — hopefully living with happily — for several years

I wish I could believe that people are too smart and too courageous to throw away their humanity like that, but I see no evidence of it. Few people live like they're destined for Heaven, or that God is in control.

Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Since Trump's win is a given, I fear the coronavirus lockdown will continue for at least three more years.

No way because, Trump will open things up because, not like the other side he realizes that money doesn't grow on trees.

While the other side preaches
free everything for everybody.

M

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,148,608.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Might there be long-term effects? I hope so. Normally people expected to work unless they were unable to get out of bed. I'd like to think that we could change that expectation, so that people who know they're sick stay away from others. Of course this requires employers to allow people to take sick time without losing pay. I think many don't.

Upvote 0