Dallas
✟888,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I’m noticing a lot of people having a problem with all mankind being a descendant of Adam & Eve because it would imply that their children would’ve had to engage in incest in order to populate the world and also the fact that Cain settled in the city of Nod and got married so people often ask, “where did the people in this city come from”? I think the main problem is that many people are not seeing the big picture that is presented in scripture. Many people are simply examining the creation account in Genesis and not considering the rest of scripture.

First let’s establish that Adam was the first man because I’m seeing some who believe otherwise.

“So also it is written, “The first man, Adam, became a living soul.” The last Adam became a life-giving spirit.”
‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭15‬:‭45‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬

I’ve seen some claim that the man created in Genesis 1 is not the same man, Adam who was created in Genesis 2 and that chapter two is actually a different event from Genesis 1. According to 1 Cor 15:45 Adam was the man created in Genesis 1.

Genesis 3 says that Adam named his wife Eve because she is the mother of all the living.

“Now the man called his wife’s name Eve, because she was the mother of all the living.”
‭‭Genesis‬ ‭3‬:‭20‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬

Obviously this only refers to humans and not all living things.

Next let’s establish that all mankind are descendants of Adam. Acts 17:26 says that men of all nations came from one man or one blood.

“and He made from one man every nation of mankind to live on all the face of the earth, having determined their appointed times and the boundaries of their habitation,”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭17‬:‭26‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬

So according to all of these scriptures outside of Genesis we must conclude that Adam was the first man and Eve was the first woman and all mankind are descendants of them including Cain’s wife.

Now if we do the math, Adam was 130 years old when Seth was born. We don’t know how old he was when Cain & Able were born so the closest we can get is from Seth’s birth. According to the math and assuming that Adam was created as an adult which I’m confident we can agree on, Adam could’ve potentially had 153 children by the time Seth was born if Eve didn’t have any twins or triplets, quadruplets, etc. Unfortunately I’m not smart enough to try to calculate how many children those children could’ve had who were of age to marry by the time Cain settled in Nod but I would imagine it should be in the thousands by that time if they began having children around the age of 15 or so. Keep in mind that even tho a lot of people believe that Cain & Able are Adam’s first two born that is not actually mentioned in the scriptures. In Genesis 5 the descendants of Adam are counted beginning with Seth not Cain & Able. It’s very possible that the only reason Cain & Able were even mentioned in the scriptures is because it’s a record of the first death or murder that took place since creation. So it’s very plausible that an entire city of people, Nod, could’ve existed completely composed of Adam’s children by the time Cain married. God had told Adam & Eve to go forth and multiple so it’s likely that they started right away. We also don’t know how long after Cain killed Able before he actually got married. That could’ve been another couple hundred years for all we know. So the thousands that existed when Seth was born could’ve multiplied into tens or maybe even hundreds of thousands by the time Cain married depending on how long it took before he got married. So it’s not entirely implausible that a city could’ve existed by the time Cain got married.

I know a lot of people have a problem with the idea of incest but it wasn’t actually forbidden until Leviticus roughly 2500 years after creation. If the scriptures specifically say that we are all descendants of Adam then obviously God couldn’t have had a problem with it before He commanded us not to do it. Furthermore the scriptures also tell us that after the flood the whole world was populated by Noah’s 3 sons.

“These three were the sons of Noah, and from these the whole earth was populated.”
‭‭Genesis‬ ‭9‬:‭19‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬

So again this would’ve required them to engage in sexual relations with their close family members.

I’ve heard some claim that God also created “humanoids” and Adam’s descendants reproduced with these humanoids to populate the world and that’s why Adam’s descendants didn’t engage in incest but that idea doesn’t hold up for what took place after the flood since these humanoids would’ve been killed in the flood. So that still puts us right back to incest being necessary to populate the world. Anyway I thought I’d share this evidence from scripture to help people get a more comprehensive understanding of what took place during the population of the world.

effrem

Nov 2, 2022
Portland, OR
✟15,630.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Divorced
it's *possible* that Adam & Eve's kids mated with those who were one step behind us in evolution

or, that sex with the women who where "one evolutionary step behind us" sometimes produced offspring

personally I think that Adam & Eve had tons of children, as many as she could knock out, BEFORE Eve decided to eat from the Tree of Knowledge of Good & Evil

and that Cain corrupted them all over time

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟888,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
it's *possible* that Adam & Eve's kids mated with those who were one step behind us in evolution

or, that sex with the women who where "one evolutionary step behind us" sometimes produced offspring

personally I think that Adam & Eve had tons of children, as many as she could knock out, BEFORE Eve decided to eat from the Tree of Knowledge of Good & Evil

and that Cain corrupted them all over time

Well we don’t see any evidence supporting the idea that Adam’s descendants mated with other humanoids outside of his gene pool nor do we see strong evidence against it but why would we believe such a thing? Is it because we believe that incest was wrong back then so God provided the humanoids so that Adam’s descendants wouldn’t have to sin? So where does that put us with Noah and his son’s? Are we going to say that humanoids were put on the ark to? How many were put there? One male & one female like the rest because they don’t fall into the category of clean animals, at least according to the dietary laws. So that gives us one female humanoid to work with. So that still doesn’t work.

Yes I believe Adam & Eve probably started having children right away, we don’t know how long it was before the fall but we do know that by the time they had Seth Adam was 130 years old. So according to my math at 10 months per child that’s 153 children if there were no twins or triplets, etc. Then you have to take into account that after the first 15 years then another child is capable of reproducing every 10 months or so and the numbers start to grow quickly exponentially. So I think it’s highly plausible that there would’ve been tens of thousands if not hundreds of thousands of descendants of Adam for Cain to marry from.

Upvote 0

Spiritual Jew

Amillennialist
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2020
MI
✟308,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I’m noticing a lot of people having a problem with all mankind being a descendant of Adam & Eve because it would imply that their children would’ve had to engage in incest in order to populate the world and also the fact that Cain settled in the city of Nod and got married so people often ask, “where did the people in this city come from”? I think the main problem is that many people are not seeing the big picture that is presented in scripture. Many people are simply examining the creation account in Genesis and not considering the rest of scripture.

First let’s establish that Adam was the first man because I’m seeing some who believe otherwise.

“So also it is written, “The first man, Adam, became a living soul.” The last Adam became a life-giving spirit.”

I’ve seen some claim that the man created in Genesis 1 is not the same man, Adam who was created in Genesis 2 and that chapter two is actually a different event from Genesis 1. According to 1 Cor 15:45 Adam was the man created in Genesis 1.

Genesis 3 says that Adam named his wife Eve because she is the mother of all the living.

“Now the man called his wife’s name Eve, because she was the mother of all the living.”

Next let’s establish that all mankind are descendants of Adam. Acts 17:26 says that men of all nations came from one man or one blood.

“and He made from one man every nation of mankind to live on all the face of the earth, having determined their appointed times and the boundaries of their habitation,”

So according to all of these scriptures outside of Genesis we must conclude that Adam was the first man and Eve was the first woman and all mankind are descendants of them including Cain’s wife.

Now if we do the math, Adam was 130 years old when Seth was born. We don’t know how old he was when Cain & Able were born so the closest we can get is from Seth’s birth. According to the math and assuming that Adam was created as an adult which I’m confident we can agree on, Adam could’ve potentially had 153 children by the time Seth was born if Eve didn’t have any twins or triplets, quadruplets, etc. Unfortunately I’m not smart enough to try to calculate how many children those children could’ve had who were of age to marry by the time Cain settled in Nod but I would imagine it should be in the thousands by that time if they began having children around the age of 15 or so. Keep in mind that even tho a lot of people believe that Cain & Able are Adam’s first two born that is not actually mentioned in the scriptures. In Genesis 5 the descendants of Adam are counted beginning with Seth not Cain & Able. It’s very possible that the only reason Cain & Able were even mentioned in the scriptures is because it’s a record of the first death or murder that took place since creation. So it’s very plausible that an entire city of people, Nod, could’ve existed completely composed of Adam’s children by the time Cain married. God had told Adam & Eve to go forth and multiple so it’s likely that they started right away. We also don’t know how long after Cain killed Able before he actually got married. That could’ve been another couple hundred years for all we know. So the thousands that existed when Seth was born could’ve multiplied into tens or maybe even hundreds of thousands by the time Cain married depending on how long it took before he got married. So it’s not entirely implausible that a city could’ve existed by the time Cain got married.

I know a lot of people have a problem with the idea of incest but it wasn’t actually forbidden until Leviticus roughly 2500 years after creation. If the scriptures specifically say that we are all descendants of Adam then obviously God couldn’t have had a problem with it before He commanded us not to do it. Furthermore the scriptures also tell us that after the flood the whole world was populated by Noah’s 3 sons.

“These three were the sons of Noah, and from these the whole earth was populated.”

So again this would’ve required them to engage in sexual relations with their close family members.

I’ve heard some claim that God also created “humanoids” and Adam’s descendants reproduced with these humanoids to populate the world and that’s why Adam’s descendants didn’t engage in incest but that idea doesn’t hold up for what took place after the flood since these humanoids would’ve been killed in the flood. So that still puts us right back to incest being necessary to populate the world. Anyway I thought I’d share this evidence from scripture to help people get a more comprehensive understanding of what took place during the population of the world.
Yeah, this is very simple. Incest was not a sin in the beginning. God only created a commandment against it later on. So, it was okay before that. Simple as that.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟888,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yeah, this is very simple. Incest was not a sin in the beginning. God only created a commandment against it later on. So, it was okay before that. Simple as that.

Yes I agree but I can’t believe the things some people are resorting to believing over this. I have one person claiming that Adam lived billions of years before the fall and that the 930 years were only counted after the fall. He says that Noah brought his servants on the ark to breed with when Peter specifically said that in the days of Noah 8 people were saved through water on the ark. I had another conversation with another person that was way farther off than that. He said that if God created the earth & the heavens in 6 days then it wouldn’t be worthy of praise. He insisted that if God’s labor wasn’t burdensome or didn’t involve suffering it wouldn’t be worthy of praise. I pointed out that Jesus was praised for performing miracles and he replied that they didn’t praise Him they believed. I showed him the meaning of Hosanna and quoted why the people were praising Him at His Triumphant Entry into Jerusalem because of the miracles He performed especially the resurrection of Lazarus and he claimed they praised Him because they knew He was God. I tried to tell him that nobody knew He was God that’s why He was crucified for blasphemy for claiming that He was equal to God. Then he said that they praised Him because He was worthy of praise because He had to acquire His ability to perform miracles over time. I mean it was just one thing after another, I quoted scriptures for days and it didn’t matter he just wouldn’t budge. Finally I just had to stop because it was a lost cause. People just need to realize that you can’t mix scripture with science. The Bible is a spiritual, supernatural book filled with miracles that will always be in opposition to science because the very definition of a miracle is a surprising and welcome event that is not explicable by natural or scientific laws and is therefore considered to be the work of a divine agency, or God, or gods.

Upvote 0

Spiritual Jew

Amillennialist
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2020
MI
✟308,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes I agree but I can’t believe the things some people are resorting to believing over this.
Yeah, some people insist on making things convoluted. Not much we can do about it.

I have one person claiming that Adam lived billions of years before the fall and that the 930 years were only counted after the fall.
That person clearly can not be taken seriously. It's not worth your time arguing with such a person.

He says that Noah brought his servants on the ark to breed with when Peter specifically said that in the days of Noah 8 people were saved through water on the ark.
Which, of course, is not taught anywhere in scripture.

I had another conversation with another person that was way farther off than that. He said that if God created the earth & the heavens in 6 days then it wouldn’t be worthy of praise. He insisted that if God’s labor wasn’t burdensome or didn’t involve suffering it wouldn’t be worthy of praise.
What nonsense. Where do you find these people?

I pointed out that Jesus was praised for performing miracles and he replied that they didn’t praise Him they believed. I showed him the meaning of Hosanna and quoted why the people were praising Him at His Triumphant Entry into Jerusalem because of the miracles He performed especially the resurrection of Lazarus and he claimed they praised Him because they knew He was God. I tried to tell him that nobody knew He was God that’s why He was crucified for blasphemy for claiming that He was equal to God. Then he said that they praised Him because He was worthy of praise because He had to acquire His ability to perform miracles over time. I mean it was just one thing after another, I quoted scriptures for days and it didn’t matter he just wouldn’t budge. Finally I just had to stop because it was a lost cause.
There you go. These are clearly the kind of people that are spiritually blind and there isn't much you can currently do about it. They need to want to know the truth in order to find it. Instead, they believe what they want to believe.

People just need to realize that you can’t mix scripture with science. The Bible is a spiritual, supernatural book filled with miracles that will always be in opposition to science because the very definition of a miracle is a surprising and welcome event that is not explicable by natural or scientific laws and is therefore considered to be the work of a divine agency, or God, or gods.
I get what you're saying here. Miracles and spiritual, supernatural things cannot be explained by science. That's absolutely true.

But, I'd be careful about saying that the Bible is in opposition to science. It's really not. There are many scientific things stated and taught in the Bible that were not discovered until hundreds or thousands of years later by scientists. Scientists should be using the Bible for understanding.

Reactions: BNR32FAN
Upvote 0

effrem

Nov 2, 2022
Portland, OR
✟15,630.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Divorced
Well we don’t see any evidence supporting the idea that Adam’s descendants mated with other humanoids outside of his gene pool nor do we see strong evidence against it but why would we believe such a thing? Is it because we believe that incest was wrong back then so God provided the humanoids so that Adam’s descendants wouldn’t have to sin? So where does that put us with Noah and his son’s? Are we going to say that humanoids were put on the ark to? How many were put there? One male & one female like the rest because they don’t fall into the category of clean animals, at least according to the dietary laws. So that gives us one female humanoid to work with. So that still doesn’t work.

Yes I believe Adam & Eve probably started having children right away, we don’t know how long it was before the fall but we do know that by the time they had Seth Adam was 130 years old. So according to my math at 10 months per child that’s 153 children if there were no twins or triplets, etc. Then you have to take into account that after the first 15 years then another child is capable of reproducing every 10 months or so and the numbers start to grow quickly exponentially. So I think it’s highly plausible that there would’ve been tens of thousands if not hundreds of thousands of descendants of Adam for Cain to marry from.
perhaps that matters to you; it doesn't matter at all to me

see, I'm a "pick & choose" Bible reader, because in my lived experience, the Bible has been "wrong"

for example, I don't like the "let us not into temptation" prayer that Jesus suggests

instead I pray to be led into all possible temptations, so that I may show God that I love Him more than any possible temptation I encounter

• Optimistic
Reactions: Petros2015
Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟888,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
perhaps that matters to you; it doesn't matter at all to me

see, I'm a "pick & choose" Bible reader, because in my lived experience, the Bible has been "wrong"

for example, I don't like the "let us not into temptation" prayer that Jesus suggests

instead I pray to be led into all possible temptations, so that I may show God that I love Him more than any possible temptation I encounter

Well your choice in what to pray differs from our choosing the correct historical creation account because there’s only one truth. So that comparison really doesn’t relate to each other. Choosing what you want to pray about and why you want to pray about it is a completely different situation than choosing what to believe in the creation account because it’s a historical record of what actually took place. What we choose to pray about is subjective but what took place in creation is not, it is objective because there’s only one truth. I can choose to pray as Jesus said to and you can pray as you choose to and neither of these two are wrong, but if I choose to believe that Adam’s descendants did engage in incest and you choose to believe that they didn’t then one of us has to be wrong.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟888,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
can historical records be falsified

If that’s your position that the scriptures have been falsified then we might as well just throw our Bible away and just believe whatever best suits us.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Petros2015

Jun 23, 2016
undisclosed Bunker
✟289,840.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Neanderthals.
I suspect when Cain said "anyone who finds me will kill me" those were the ones Cain was talking about.
And I suspect that Cain's wife was from that lineage.
Otherwise, you don't build a city, you build a lean-to.

Upvote 0

Jonaitis

Soli Deo Gloria
Jan 4, 2019
Wyoming
✟123,651.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
If your family generations ago lived in a small community, there was likely generational incest happening already. This is called "pedigree collapse," when you find the same ancestor on several branches of your family tree. It is very common. I have several or more the farther I go back, and that's because my family lived in small villages, for example, in Lithuania, for generations and generations.

Reactions: BNR32FAN
Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟888,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Neanderthals.
I suspect when Cain said "anyone who finds me will kill me" those were the ones Cain was talking about.
And I suspect that Cain's wife was from that lineage.
Otherwise, you don't build a city, you build a lean-to.

Why couldn’t the city be made up of Adam’s descendants? Adam & Eve alone could’ve had 153 children by the time Seth was born even if they didn’t have any twins or triplets, etc. That’s not even counting how many children their children could’ve had and their grandchildren could’ve had. By the time Seth was born there could’ve easily been tens of thousands of Adam’s descendants. Adam was 130 years old when Seth was born and we don’t know how many children he had before Cain & Able. We also don’t know how long it was until Cain married. We do know that Cain died at 730 years old, easily enough time for Adam to have tens of thousands of descendants before Cain died.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Petros2015

Jun 23, 2016
undisclosed Bunker
✟289,840.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Why couldn’t the city be made up of Adam’s descendants? Adam & Eve alone could’ve had 153 children by the time Seth was born even if they didn’t have any twins or triplets, etc.

If Adam and Eve have 153 children by the time that Seth was born, I don't think Adam says this in verse 25:

25 Adam made love to his wife again, and she gave birth to a son and named him Seth,[h] saying, “God has granted me another child in place of Abel, since Cain killed him.”

Instead, I think he says: "Geez!!!! ANOTHER one?!?"

I read Genesis 4 with the interpretation that there are only 2 sons of Adam at the time of Cain's murder, and there is a 3rd (well, 2nd since we can't count Abel anymore) at the time of Seth's birth

But Cain is clearly worried about "others" since he can't go home

14 Today you are driving me from the land, and I will be hidden from your presence; I will be a restless wanderer on the earth, and whoever finds me will kill me.”

I imagine Neanderthal tribes might not have been that friendly and could be aggressive. If there weren't any, he wouldn't be worried about "anyone who finds me" he'd be saying "my dad's gonna kill me..." But, he would probably be a lot smarter than them, and probably a lot longer lived considering his lineage and was "marked" in some way that they respected. So, maybe he became a leader and with them built a city. Homosapien genes seem to be dominant over Neanderthal. If Cain and his offspring lived hundreds of years like his father surrounded by Neanderthals with life expectancy of maybe 30-40yrs I could see things playing out that way logically. Pretty soon... not many Neanderthals in the city.

To me this reconciles scripture with the world around me and the world around me with scripture.
But, to each their own. I'm happy to be wrong, and at 50, quite used to it by now. At any rate, this is why I hold the position I do.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Petros2015

Jun 23, 2016
undisclosed Bunker
✟289,840.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
It's also interesting to note that the first 3 of Adam and Eve's children all won the male coin-flip toss (unless there were undocumented female children, which there certainly could have been and the scriptures tend to over-emphasize male lineages). I always assumed that it was a coin-flip like it is with us for male/female from generation #1.

But...
...if it wasn't
...And you have a dominant gened, long lived homosapien at generation #1 which weighs heavier (maybe *a lot* heavier, up to 100%) at first on coming up with male offspring vs female.
...AND you already have an established population of Neanderthals that the males can cross-breed with...

then guess what?
You aren't the descendants of incest...
You are the descendants of a cross-breed

'Cause males don't ovulate every month. We're built to repopulate (or in this case upgrade??) the species 24/7. And if it's a dominate, long lived male heavy gene vs a big established mating pool, it's going to win out pretty quick. If that was the case, over time I would guess that the coin-flip slowly lowered back down to 50/50 male/female like it is today with each successive generation. No need for it to weigh heavier or even live longer after a while - it would have already done it's job.

Just a hypothetical thought.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

coffee4u

Dec 11, 2018
Australia
✟157,841.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Adam and Eve's children did not commit incest as there was no such thing as incest.

The word incest comes from the Latin and Latin was only came to be around 700 BC. It came from 'incestum' meaning 'impious unchastity,"

They had married unions with their siblings and other relations and this was blessed by God. It is God alone who decides what sin is not us.

So no the marriages they had, such as Abram and Sarah (half siblings) were not impious unchastity. If they had been God would not have blessed them and given them Issac and promised his descendants would be as numerous as the stars.

God brought down laws at the time of Mosses and from then on only was close marriage wrong.

People need to stop thinking they are the ones who get decide right or wrong, we don't.

Acts 10:15 "Do not call anything impure that God has made clean.”

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟888,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Adam and Eve's children did not commit incest as there was no such thing as incest.

The word incest comes from the Latin and Latin was only came to be around 700 BC. It came from 'incestum' meaning 'impious unchastity,"

They had married unions with their siblings and other relations and this was blessed by God. It is God alone who decides what sin is not us.

So no the marriages they had, such as Abram and Sarah (half siblings) were not impious unchastity. If they had been God would not have blessed them and given them Issac and promised his descendants would be as numerous as the stars.

God brought down laws at the time of Mosses and from then on only was close marriage wrong.

People need to stop thinking they are the ones who get decide right or wrong, we don't.

Acts 10:15 "Do not call anything impure that God has made clean.”

Acts 10:15 had nothing to do with sex it was about introducing Gentiles to the New Covenant. Incest still existed it just wasn’t a sin. Adam & Eve children having sex with each other is by definition incest. The origin of the word is irrelevant. We can’t say that murder didn’t exist before the 12th century because the English language didn’t exist yet.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟888,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
If Adam and Eve have 153 children by the time that Seth was born, I don't think Adam says this in verse 25:

25 Adam made love to his wife again, and she gave birth to a son and named him Seth,[h] saying, “God has granted me another child in place of Abel, since Cain killed him.”

If Seth was the next child born then that statement makes perfect sense.

But Cain is clearly worried about "others" since he can't go home

14 Today you are driving me from the land, and I will be hidden from your presence; I will be a restless wanderer on the earth, and whoever finds me will kill me.”

All we know is that this happened before Adam was 130 years old. In 130 years Adam could’ve had 153 children by that time just by him & Eve alone not including the kids that his kids had and their kids and their kids. Adam & Eve weren’t created as infants, they were most likely at least adolescents. It actually makes more sense that Cain feared his own family more than people who didn’t know him or Able. His family members would have more reason to kill him than people who didn’t know him or Able.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟888,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It's also interesting to note that the first 3 of Adam and Eve's children all won the male coin-flip toss (unless there were undocumented female children, which there certainly could have been and the scriptures tend to over-emphasize male lineages). I always assumed that it was a coin-flip like it is with us for male/female from generation #1.

God said “go forth be fruitful and multiply” It’s hard to believe that Adam & Eve only had 3 kids in 130 years. The scriptures specifically state that Adam was 130 years old when Seth was born. Since Adam lived to be 930 years old evidently he didn’t age like we do today so I’d expect that his libido was still pretty strong at 130.

Upvote 0