Country
United States
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Libertarian
Why I ask is that I have troubles with my reproductive area as a women. I clear but I don't have the sex drive. I do believe I have a problem. And I have prayed to God about this problem. And I have prayed to God if He can match make for me. And since I have problems her maybe I'll marry in heaven and have children there. God is all forward about match making. I don't know. I need answers. Can someone help me?

No I'm not looking for date. I'm very picky and I am not seeking one.

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Why I ask is that I have troubles with my reproductive area as a women. I clear but I don't have the sex drive. I do believe I have a problem. And I have prayed to God about this problem. And I have prayed to God if He can match make for me. And since I have problems her maybe I'll marry in heaven and have children there. God is all forward about match making. I don't know. I need answers. Can someone help me?

Welcome to Traditional Theology.

Interesting that you asked that question in this forum. :)

We as Orthodox believe that relationships in love established on earth will persist in eternity. If your mother is there with you, you will still love her as your mother, for example.

People who spend their lives together as husband and wife, can still have a special bond in the life of the age to come.

However, no, there will not be sexual reproduction. And we have no knowledge that any more children will be produced (I actually wish there would be too, but there is no indication from God that this can happen, and it would actually cause some problems with the way we understand man, free will, salvation, etc.).

Not everyone is called to be married. If you have no inclination to a sexual relationship, maybe God is calling you to something else.

Or perhaps there is a medical issue and a doctor could be consulted?

There are also other ways to have children. It may be that some adopt. Some develop such strong mentoring relationships that they essentially have more children. And so on. Those relationships can persist in eternity as can others formed in love.

I hope this begins to answer what you are asking. God be with you.

Upvote 0

Monk Brendan

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2016
Phoenix, Arizona
Visit site
✟294,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
And since I have problems her maybe I'll marry in heaven and have children there. God is all forward about match making. I don't know. I need answers. Can someone help me?

Forgive me, dear soul, but "Therefore in the resurrection whose wife shall she be of the seven? for they all had her. Jesus answered and said unto them, Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God. For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven. But as touching the resurrection of the dead, have ye not read that which was spoken unto you by God, saying, Matt 22:28-31 KJV

• Winner
Reactions: OrthodoxyUSA
Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married

Matthew 22:30 tells us that in the resurrection we will not marry.

Upvote 0

Hall

God is good
Jun 17, 2016
Colorado
✟30,346.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And the question arises to "why not"?
I like this answer don't you:

This does not mean that a husband and wife will no longer know each other in heaven. This also does not mean that a husband and wife could not still have a close relationship in heaven. What it does seem to indicate, though, is that a husband and wife will no longer be married in heaven.

Most likely, there will be no marriage in heaven simply because there will be no need for it. When God established marriage, He did so to fill certain needs. First, He saw that Adam was in need of a companion. “The LORD God said, ‘It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him’” (Genesis 2:18). Eve was the solution to the problem of Adam’s loneliness, as well as his need for a “helper,” someone to come alongside him as his companion and go through life by his side. In heaven, however, there will be no loneliness, nor will there be any need for helpers. We will be surrounded by multitudes of believers and angels (Revelation 7:9), and all our needs will be met, including the need for companionship.

Second, God created marriage as a means of procreation and the filling of the earth with human beings. Heaven, however, will not be populated by procreation. Those who go to heaven will get there by faith in the Lord Jesus Christ; they will not be created there by means of reproduction. Therefore, there is no purpose for marriage in heaven since there is no procreation or loneliness.
Gotquestions.org

• Winner
Reactions: Shane R
Upvote 0

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,929,250.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married

Romans 11:25, which (among other things) refers to the "fullness of the Gentiles", helps us understand that the number of people residing on the New Earth (in the age to come) will be a set number. As Hall just said, there will be no procreation there.

Praying for you.

In Christ,
David
p.s. - considering what the Lord has to say in these two verses may be helpful to you in this case .. Psalm 37:4*; Matthew 6:33.

*(Psalm 37:4 is a command with a promise. The promise is a wonderful one to be sure, but it's vital that you take the time to understand what the command is actually telling us to do, or you'll turn the Lord into a Cosmic Sugar-Daddy ... which is hardly the intent of this verse. IOW, this verse is NOT commanding us to do things that please the Lord to get Him to give us what we want :rolleyes:).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Shane R

Priest
Site Supporter
Jan 18, 2012
Southeast Ohio
✟566,860.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
I see that the OP identifies as Nazarene. I am not claiming to be any expert on the Church of the Nazarene, but I have an old friend who has entered the ministry of that church. I think it is fair to label the church an 'evangelical' church. Unfortunately, in the USA, evangelical has come to mean a church which has a certain obsession with the 'purity culture.' And, whether overtly or not, a certain level of anti-Catholicism and especially a suspicion of celibacy.

Perhaps you have been a participant in youth groups or singles groups or some other form of small group where you have been inundated with instructions on finding a worthy spouse and having a family. I frequently meet people who have made a mess of their lives and are quite unhappy by trying to live up to the arbitrary and often artificial standards foisted on them by purity culture (and to a lesser extent the 'quiver-full movement'). Let me assure you, there are people who are asexual or otherwise called to celibacy for various reasons. It may be quite natural for you, or it may be your cross to bear, but there are many people who should not marry.

As for what life will be like in the new heaven and earth, after the consummation of time, most of the relevant Scriptures have been quoted. But I have been thinking, as I prepare a homily for Transfiguration Sunday, about the implications of the Transfiguration passage in that the three disciples were able to recognize Moses and Elijah. And then I thought of how the rich man recognized Lazarus. This points to a a level of recognition in the next life that actually eclipses what we now experience.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mediakira

Jun 6, 2011
Eaton, Ohio
✟34,039.00
Country
United States
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Libertarian
I see that the OP identifies as Nazarene. I am not claiming to be any expert on the Church of the Nazarene, but I have an old friend who has entered the ministry of that church. I think it is fair to label the church an 'evangelical' church. Unfortunately, in the USA, evangelical has come to mean a church which has a certain obsession with the 'purity culture.' And, whether overtly or not, a certain level of anti-Catholicism and especially a suspicion of celibacy.

Perhaps you have been a participant in youth groups or singles groups or some other form of small group where you have been inundated with instructions on finding a worthy spouse and having a family. I frequently meet people who have made a mess of their lives and are quite unhappy by trying to live up to the arbitrary and often artificial standards foisted on them by purity culture (and to a lesser extent the 'quiver-full movement'). Let me assure you, there are people who are asexual or otherwise called to celibacy for various reasons. It may be quite natural for you, or it may be your cross to bear, but there are many people who should not marry.

As for what life will be like in the new heaven and earth, after the consummation of time, most of the relevant Scriptures have been quoted. But I have been thinking, as I prepare a homily for Transfiguration Sunday, about the implications of the Transfiguration passage in that the three disciples were able to recognize Moses and Elijah. And then I thought of how the rich man recognized Lazarus. This points to a a level of recognition in the next life that actually eclipses what we now experience.

I have wondered if I'm the one who is not to be married. I have prayed for God to aid this problem.

There is times I noticed that I don't feel the need to have relations with a man or have sex. I'm not gay, I just don't feel the need for it. I just don't have drive to do anything. lol I always feel that I'm too Holy for the men in this world. I don't mean to be prideful. But that's how I feel. I just feel there not worthy of me unless they walk in the Light of Holiness and approved by God before I consider to marry me. They pretty much have to be closest to Christ as possible. And I give men I like too much respect they misunderstand me. They just think I'm not interested. Or I'm not the one.

Yes, I'm a Nazarene. I've been in there church since baby stages. It's where I feel comfortable. And I got baptized with the Holy Spirit about it. But there is areas of my knowledge that is not Nazarene. It's my special that I have with God. I can't reveal it because no one would understand it and get me wrong. And it's not in the Bible. I'm trying to work it out, and sort it out with God, and Jesus.

Upvote 0

Mediakira

Jun 6, 2011
Eaton, Ohio
✟34,039.00
Country
United States
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Libertarian
I don't know. I don't think God is pleased with my reproductive system. He sometimes attack it. My mother had problems where the womb collapses. Before she had a hysteractamy, or take our her uterus. So, I might be having some inherit issues that probably displeases the Lord. Plus, I might be both sexes. I did find a males penis that is so tiny that it can pee on it's own. I might be the one that can't have babies here on earth. I pray if God can make a way that I can full fill God's plan in Heaven since I have an urge to give birth to a prophet. I so want to do it. Even if it's on earth I'll give birth to a prophet. Before I die. That's how I feel.

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I don't know. I don't think God is pleased with my reproductive system. He sometimes attack it. My mother had problems where the womb collapses. Before she had a hysteractamy, or take our her uterus. So, I might be having some inherit issues that probably displeases the Lord. Plus, I might be both sexes. I did find a males penis that is so tiny that it can pee on it's own. I might be the one that can't have babies here on earth. I pray if God can make a way that I can full fill God's plan in Heaven since I have an urge to give birth to a prophet. I so want to do it. Even if it's on earth I'll give birth to a prophet. Before I die. That's how I feel.

God is not attacking you.

We all suffer from the effects of sin in the world - Adam's sin. It is why man dies. It is also the cause of sickness, dysfunction of all types, and all kinds of degeneration and bad things that happen. Notice I am NOT saying that your own sin caused this, but because Adam sinned, the creation is damaged, and all bad things are a result of that. Sin multiplied in the world just make things worse.

God desires you perfect, but our bodies won't be perfect until the resurrection. But He certainly isn't attacking you.

As to desires we might have to further the Kingdom of God, we must be careful that they are not something inspired by what others have told us, or born out of pride, or such. God really is capable of bringing about His plans, and will do in whatever way He sees fit. Ours is to cooperate with Him, and do all we can to nurture our own relationship with Him, seeking to love God and love others, in our actions, words, and thoughts. This is all we need to be concerned with, and God will take care of the rest.

God be with you, dear one. You have my prayers.

Reactions: Mediakira
Upvote 0

Mediakira

Jun 6, 2011
Eaton, Ohio
✟34,039.00
Country
United States
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Libertarian
God is not attacking you.

We all suffer from the effects of sin in the world - Adam's sin. It is why man dies. It is also the cause of sickness, dysfunction of all types, and all kinds of degeneration and bad things that happen. Notice I am NOT saying that your own sin caused this, but because Adam sinned, the creation is damaged, and all bad things are a result of that. Sin multiplied in the world just make things worse.

God desires you perfect, but our bodies won't be perfect until the resurrection. But He certainly isn't attacking you.

As to desires we might have to further the Kingdom of God, we must be careful that they are not something inspired by what others have told us, or born out of pride, or such. God really is capable of bringing about His plans, and will do in whatever way He sees fit. Ours is to cooperate with Him, and do all we can to nurture our own relationship with Him, seeking to love God and love others, in our actions, words, and thoughts. This is all we need to be concerned with, and God will take care of the rest.

God be with you, dear one. You have my prayers.

Thank you!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Mediakira

Jun 6, 2011
Eaton, Ohio
✟34,039.00
Country
United States
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Libertarian
For some reason I feel God's promise. That I'll be married to a made in God's do time. I can't explain it though. But it's the truth. I think He's trying to say. In do time in Heaven Marriage will be allowed. Sorry, if it sounds weird to you. And Staff.

I've been to close to God. I'm picking up these things with God.

Upvote 0

Mediakira

Jun 6, 2011
Eaton, Ohio
✟34,039.00
Country
United States
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Libertarian
For some reason I feel God's promise. That I'll be married to a made in God's do time. I can't explain it though. But it's the truth. I think He's trying to say. In do time in Heaven Marriage will be allowed. Sorry, if it sounds weird to you. And Staff.

I've been to close to God. I'm picking up these things with God.

And it reminds me the scripture of Elizabeth pregnant with John the baptist and other women like Hannah who had Samuel. I'm willing to give birth to a prophet. And he's name with be Jordan Bethel! lol

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Well ... with all due respect, we cannot really discuss this here.

In Traditional Theology the topic is examined in light of what was handed down from the Apostles, and what the Church has always believed, or else what a particular established denomination has codified, believed, and passed down.

In the light of Tradition, I can only tell you that we are taught to be very skeptical of private revelation. And we would reject anything that actually contradicts what has been revealed to us. I fear that allowing marriage in the eschaton for the purpose of sexual reproduction would fall under that.

I would encourage you to think carefully about whether Christ would tell His Apostles one thing, and someone privately later the opposite, if it is true that God cannot lie. I don't want to discourage you, but you have a logical impossibility in there somewhere.

But if you want to discuss things such as this, we can find you a more appropriate forum area. Traditional Theology would not be the right area.

God be with you.

Reactions: Shane R
Upvote 0

Mediakira

Jun 6, 2011
Eaton, Ohio
✟34,039.00
Country
United States
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Libertarian
Well ... with all due respect, we cannot really discuss this here.

In Traditional Theology the topic is examined in light of what was handed down from the Apostles, and what the Church has always believed, or else what a particular established denomination has codified, believed, and passed down.

In the light of Tradition, I can only tell you that we are taught to be very skeptical of private revelation. And we would reject anything that actually contradicts what has been revealed to us. I fear that allowing marriage in the eschaton for the purpose of sexual reproduction would fall under that.

I would encourage you to think carefully about whether Christ would tell His Apostles one thing, and someone privately later the opposite, if it is true that God cannot lie. I don't want to discourage you, but you have a logical impossibility in there somewhere.

But if you want to discuss things such as this, we can find you a more appropriate forum area. Traditional Theology would not be the right area.

God be with you.

Sorry

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
No problem. It's just part of my job to remind folks. Sometimes it causes problems, and so forgive me, but I like to mention it before that happens.

I think we have a forum for Spiritual Gifts? (I know we did but a few changes have been made in the past few days and I'm not up on all of it.)

There are also congregational forums, but you said you don't agree with your denominational on all these things, so that might not work for you.

Upvote 0