Are this forums truely safe?

Eternal_Believer

My friend call me fanatic
Mar 2, 2004
✟272.00
Faith
Pentecostal
I got a question for admins, mods and fellow believers in christ.

How do we know whether our ranks are being infiltrated by people who intend to mislead us? whats our guard against these falsities?

i know we can and should pray about it but what other reccomendations or comments do you guys have on it.

Yummi

Mar 11, 2004
Madagascar
✟15,190.00
Faith
Christian
"My people are destroyed from lack of knowledge" Hosea 4.6

Study the scriptures and fill yourself with :

'Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly' (Colossians 3.16).

When you're eager to know him, God gives you the help of his mighty Spirit to be able to distinguish the evil and the wrong from the true. You know when someone is trying to mislead you when he says or does something against the scripture.

Upvote 0

CeCe

Veteran
Mar 25, 2003
Visit site
✟1,867.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
No matter what is said, no matter how good it sounds--Never just take anyones word for it. No matter who they are. I recently heard someone who is in a position of authority co-mingle 2 different parables into one. Kinda freaky, but I was at least aware that it was 2 different ones.

There's only one thing we can and should do. Go to the Word. If it doesn't line up, then it's just not true. Ultimately it's up to us. The Bible says in 2Timothy 2:15--Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

But I do understand your concern. Just being on the internet, I see far too many people just accepting what others say as truth. And I also believe that there are people whose agenda is to mislead. We have to put everything that's said up against the Word.

Upvote 0

Echoes Peak

Willing Servant
Nov 4, 2003
✟8,900.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
CeCe said:
No matter what is said, no matter how good it sounds--Never just take anyones word for it. No matter who they are. I recently heard someone who is in a position of authority co-mingle 2 different parables into one. Kinda freaky, but I was at least aware that it was 2 different ones.

There's only one thing we can and should do. Go to the Word. If it doesn't line up, then it's just not true. Ultimately it's up to us. The Bible says in 2Timothy 2:15--Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

But I do understand your concern. Just being on the internet, I see far too many people just accepting what others say as truth. And I also believe that there are people whose agenda is to mislead. We have to put everything that's said up against the Word.

Amen.

We need to remember that this IS the internet after all, and that we should not necessarily take what everyone says on here as a grain of truth, no matter well meaning or ill meaning their intent may be. We are blessed to have the Word of God AND the Holy Spirit to help us in our walk, and if everything we do, we should make use of those resources.

Upvote 0

ShetlandRose

Loves Dogs!
Jan 18, 2004
Land of Hiawatha
✟1,118.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Excellent answers from all! The Word of God is the final authority. The Bible is the rulebook of faith and practice. There are many that think they are hearing from God, but maybe they are not. Measure guidance by reading and understanding the Scriptures, which gives a knowledge of God Himself.

Upvote 0

kjd

Mar 17, 2004
Visit site
✟7,644.00
Faith
Non-Denom
This World, in any way, will continue to fall. So why bother 'bout the safety of this forum? when in the real world, there are many more influential issues that aren't tackled.

It is VERY challenging to keep a place 100% safe from the evil one. -.^ Don't you realise that the church has also been infested with false teaching? -.^

Upvote 0

Ceris

I R the Nutness (and I love sedatta )
Mar 10, 2004
California
Visit site
✟20,150.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I would just like to add that I agree with everyone that said you should study the Bible and always use that as the final word. One thing of note: A person does not have to be intentionally deceiving you to give you the wrong advice, they could just be sincerely mistaken.

Upvote 0

Grommit

malloc(sizeof(dork));
Sep 8, 2003
Drowning in a puddle of rain.
✟498.00
Faith
Non-Denom
yeah. As stated by Yummi, our best protection against false teachings is to be made wise to the truth of the word. To grow in wisdom and knowledge of the word and to put on the full armor of God so that when we are faced with false teachings we can not only be made aware of it and protect ourselves from it, but, also to refute it with the word itself.

This is why it's so important to constantly be in the word and in communication with him and yielded to the holy spirit! Thus this is why I find quiet time to be so important. Also pray to God for wisdom. Ask him for the truth and he will give it to you. Judge everything against the bible and see if it matches up with what God says. etc...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums