Are they still the "Alt" Right?

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I would suggest that there is little to anything "alternative" about the so-called "alt-Right" anymore. No one man since Woodrow Wilson has done more to mainstream these people than President Donald J. Trump.

• He has invited their sympathizers and organizers onto positions of trust and authority in his organization.
  • He has continually earned their undying cheer and support.
  • He has made enemies of those who would expose and oppose them.
  • He has, through his words and actions (as well as his deliberate silences and inactions) legitimized their cause.
  • He has only ever criticized their harshest and most depraved actions, and even then after making it abundantly clear that he does so under obvious duress.

My friends on the Right, I think it's time for you to recognize that the president has invited Klansmen, White Supremacists, and Nazis (no need for that politically correct "Neo" nonsense), to sit at your table, and that he values their support at least as much as he does yours.

The question now is: What do you plan to do about it?

Deny it? Accept it? Or fight it?

Tree of Life

Hide The Pain
Feb 15, 2013
✟48,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
He has invited their sympathizers and organizers onto positions of trust and authority in his organization.

Who are you referring to?

He has continually earned their undying cheer and support.

Just because a radical group supports a certain figure does not mean that this figure supports them.

He has made enemies of those who would expose and oppose them.

Who are you referring to?

He has, through his words and actions (as well as his deliberate silences and inactions) legitimized their cause.

How so?

He has only ever criticized their harshest and most depraved actions, and even then after making it abundantly clear that he does so under obvious duress.

What are you referring to here?

My friends on the Right, I think it's time for you to recognize that the president has invited Klansmen, White Supremacists, and Nazis (no need for that politically correct "Neo" nonsense), to sit at your table, and that he values their support at least as much as he does yours.

Until you can demonstrate this, this is fallacious left-speak that's desperately grasping at straws to try to marginalize the President.

Since there are no claims of substance there's nothing to deny. Since there are no legitimate connections between the Trump administration and white nationalist/racist groups there's nothing to accept. Since Trump has neither supported, endorsed, or welcomed such figures into the mainstream there is nothing to fight.

Upvote 0

szechuan

Jun 20, 2011
✟59,926.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Since there are no claims of substance there's nothing to deny. Since there are no legitimate connections between the Trump administration and white nationalist/racist groups there's nothing to accept. Since Trump has neither supported, endorsed, or welcomed such figures into the mainstream there is nothing to fight.

Aren't you forgetting Steve Bannon?

Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I would suggest that there is little to anything "alternative" about the so-called "alt-Right" anymore. No one man since Woodrow Wilson has done more to mainstream these people than President Donald J. Trump.

• He has invited their sympathizers and organizers onto positions of trust and authority in his organization.
  • He has, through his words and actions (as well as his deliberate silences and inactions) legitimized their cause.
  • He has only ever criticized their harshest and most depraved actions, and even then after making it abundantly clear that he does so under obvious duress.

You are 100% correct. Do not pay the slightest bit of attention to anyone who says "Who [sic] are you referring to?" and "Just because a radical group supports a certain figure does not mean that this figure supports them" and "Until you can demonstrate this, this is fallacious left-speak that's desperately grasping at straws to try to marginalize the President". These are deliberate attempts to confuse the issue and derail the conversation. They should not be taken seriously.

"The Alternative Right, commonly known as the Alt-Right, is a set of far-right ideologies, groups and individuals whose core belief is that “white identity” is under attack by multicultural forces using “political correctness” and “social justice” to undermine white people and “their” civilization." (Southern Poverty Law Center)

Donald Trump, by personality, declaration, and appointment of alt-right advisers to his inner circle, has shown that he is in full agreement with them. He most probably learned this philosophy from his father, Fred Trump, who was a member of the Ku Klux Klan. BY legitimizing their false, violent ideology, he has created a state of disorder in this country that has not been seen for many years.

The best actions to take are 1) communicate with the members of Congress from your state that they must censure the President, refuse to support his agenda, and, if necessary, remove him from office; 2) oppose any initiative by your state and local governments to allow these violent, divisive groups to do anything but peacefully assemble and to refuse any attempt to slander, intimidate, or harass anyone; and 3) do not associate with anyone whom you know who personally agrees with the alt-right philosophy.

The alt-right must be marginalized as much as possible so that their effect on American society is at a minimum. They are at odds with American values that have been expressed since the founding of the nation.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable [not to be separated, given away, or taken away] Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness."

Upvote 0

szechuan

Jun 20, 2011
✟59,926.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Demonstrate that Steve Bannon is a white nationalist or a racist. Demonstrate that Steve Bannon is anti-integration. Truly, I'm all ears.

Steve Bannon supported the Alt-Right movement as well. Breitbart his news supported the Alt-Right movement heavily. As well as promoting propaganda.

Upvote 0

Tree of Life

Hide The Pain
Feb 15, 2013
✟48,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Steve Bannon supported the Alt-Right movement as well. Breitbart his news supported the Alt-Right movement heavily.

"Alt-right" can be a confusing term depending on when it was used, who it was used by, and what was meant.

Let's go with some clearer terms...

Please demonstrate that Steve Bannon is a racist, white-nationalist, segregationist, or some other kind of bad guy and I'll gladly believe you. Is this so hard to do if it's the truth?

Upvote 0

Tree of Life

Hide The Pain
Feb 15, 2013
✟48,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
You are 100% correct. Do not pay the slightest bit of attention to anyone who says "Who [sic] are you referring to?" and "Just because a radical group supports a certain figure does not mean that this figure supports them" and "Until you can demonstrate this, this is fallacious left-speak that's desperately grasping at straws to try to marginalize the President". These are deliberate attempts to confuse the issue and derail the conversation. They should not be taken seriously.

Yeah. Just assert yourself and then walk away. Don't allow your assertions to be examined. Don't allow yourself to defend your claims.

Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Demonstrate that Steve Bannon is a white nationalist or a racist. Demonstrate that Steve Bannon is anti-integration. Truly, I'm all ears.

He was the editor of Breitbart News Network, a far-right American news, opinion and commentary website. Their published views have consistently espoused white nationalism, racism, and anti-Semitism.

• Agree
Reactions: szechuan
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rubiks

proud libtard
Aug 14, 2012
United States
✟137,866.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

And being on the right means we automatically support President Trump? While I'm not convinced Trump is a white supremacist (Hanlon's razor - "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity") No one denies he has many white supremacist supporters.

Reactions: Eryk
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟701,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Reality doesn't allow us to belief it.

Your views and beliefs are at the opposite side of ours.

Upvote 0

Tree of Life

Hide The Pain
Feb 15, 2013
✟48,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
He was the editor of Breitbart News Network, a far-right American news, opinion and commentary website. Their published views have consistently espoused white nationalism, racism, and anti-Semitism.

Please give an example of a piece from this network that espouses white nationalism, racism, and anti-Semitism that was published during his time at Breitbart.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Tree of Life

Hide The Pain
Feb 15, 2013
✟48,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Why won't Jared Kushner and Ivanka Trump, both Jews, stand up to Donald Trump's approval of Nazi behavior?
Maybe they don't think that he's done anything to approve of Nazi behavior.

A more interesting question is: doesn't the fact that Trump has Jewish family members who support him indicate that he does not endorse Nazi behavior?

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
"Alt-right" can be a confusing term depending on when it was used, who it was used by, and what was meant.

Precisely the point of this thread... there is no more "alt-right." The people this term once referred to are now, thanks in no small part to President Trump, "The Right."

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
And being on the right means we automatically support President Trump?

Automatically? No. But consider it the default position unless you say otherwise.

Do you support President Trump?

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Reality doesn't allow us to belief it.

"Reality" must be Donald's latest nickname.

Your views and beliefs are at the opposite side of ours.

Seems to be the real reason you won't allow yourself to believe it... who would want to get on Donald's wrong side?

Upvote 0