Saint Augustine, FL
✟22,012.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You could try catching pudding fever. It's tastier and much cheaper.

Dude I totally have that already except with popsicles.
not just any popsicles... Hyppo popsicles they are fresh-made daily
with real fruit and other add-ins like cilantro, avacado, gin, sangria or chipotle peppers.

Upvote 0

Wolves

Apr 6, 2015
Melbourne
✟15,130.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I feel like I currently have baby fever - BADLY!

I've always had very strong maternal instincts, I am a primary school teacher so I have built my career around being with children.

But recently it's gotten even worse...all I can think about is being pregnant, babies, and everything baby-related! Even though my husband and I aren't actively trying, every time I get my period my heart sinks a little. After 9 years with my husband and 1.5 years of marriage it just feels like the next step would be to start a little family and to bring another little soul into the world to care and nurture! It's seriously ALL I ever think about, all day every day! Ridiculous!

On the other hand though, I feel like numerically, my age, is way too young to have a child.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
On the other hand though, I feel like numerically, my age, is way too young to have a child.

Not really. Best years to bear children safely and healthily is in your 20s - so you are actually coming to the end of that "sweet spot" age.

Upvote 0

annafullofgrace

His blood sets me free.
Dec 28, 2014
USA
✟44,039.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
This.

Baby fever is when you gotta have one for yourself, feel elated when your period is late, disappointed when it comes (even if you know logically it's not really possible because you're on birth control), when you feel drawn to baby sections of stores, etc. You'll know it when it hits. It's pretty strong.

Upvote 0

Inkachu

Bursting with fruit flavor!
Jan 31, 2008
Somewhere between Rivendell and Rohan
✟62,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Not really. Best years to bear children safely and healthily is in your 20s - so you are actually coming to the end of that "sweet spot" age.

FWIW, this is the sort of rubbish (no offense, Dave) that makes women feel like "old maids" by the time they're 29 or 30, which is utter and complete nonsense. Please don't feed into it. A woman's body knows when it's time to stop making babies; it's called menopause. A healthy woman in her 30's and even her 40's is totally able to have a healthy baby.

Upvote 0

Wolves

Apr 6, 2015
Melbourne
✟15,130.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
FWIW, this is the sort of rubbish (no offense, Dave) that makes women feel like "old maids" by the time they're 29 or 30, which is utter and complete nonsense. Please don't feed into it. A woman's body knows when it's time to stop making babies; it's called menopause. A healthy woman in her 30's and even her 40's is totally able to have a healthy baby.

Very true! But after the age of 35 any pregnancy is automatically labelled as high risk... Regardless of health!

Upvote 0

Inkachu

Bursting with fruit flavor!
Jan 31, 2008
Somewhere between Rivendell and Rohan
✟62,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Very true! But after the age of 35 any pregnancy is automatically labelled as high risk... Regardless of health!

Do we assume it's true because we're told it's true, or do we use our own brains to come to that conclusion? The medical community uses an over-abundance of caution in just about every aspect.

Upvote 0

Wolves

Apr 6, 2015
Melbourne
✟15,130.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Do we assume it's true because we're told it's true, or do we use our own brains to come to that conclusion? The medical community uses an over-abundance of caution in just about every aspect.

Most medical caution is based of statistics. So while it may be overly cautious to tag every pregnancy over 35 as high risk, statistics show that more pregnancy and birth issues happen to women over 35, generally.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Most medical caution is based of statistics. So while it may be overly cautious to tag every pregnancy over 35 as high risk, statistics show that more pregnancy and birth issues happen to women over 35, generally.
Indeed. the incidence of miscarriages and birth defects take a noticible increase at age 35 and continues to rise.

While what inkachu wrote is true;

"A healthy woman in her 30's and even her 40's is totally able to have a healthy baby;"

statistics say it is increasingly difficult the later in life.

Able - yes. But as likely as in her late teens and 20s? no.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...Zo6Z7_f9SdYFWMZUbMHEUYQ&bvm=bv.91427555,d.cWc

What are the risks for the mothers? Compared with women under the age of 35, those giving birth at 35
and over are more likely to have pre-existing hypertension and to develop hypertension and pre-eclampsia, a
serious pregnancy condition in which high blood pressure and protein in the urine develop after the 20th week
of pregnancy. They are also more likely to develop diabetes during their pregnancy, to experience placenta
previa—a complication in which the placenta is located low in the uterus and may block the cervix, —and to
have a Caesarean delivery. The literature on placental abruption, a complication in which the placenta
prematurely separates from the uterus, is mixed; some researchers found that only women age 40 and over
were at an increased risk compared with women under 35.7 Other studies have found that women between
35 and 39, but not those 40 and over, were at an increased risk when compared with women between ages
20 and 24.
What are the risks for the babies? Studies that have looked at the link between adverse birth outcomes
and mothers’ age have shown that women 35 and over face an increased risk of delivering preterm (less
than 37 weeks), low birth weight or small-for-gestational-age babies. A recent Canadian study found that
first-time mothers age 35 and over were at increased risk of preterm births. Others have reported that babies
born to those at an advanced age are at increased risk of non-chromosomal abnormality, chromosomal
abnormality and congenital anomaly. One study argues that the widespread screening for fetal defects in
pregnant women age 35 and over has resulted in fewer live births of infants with congenital anomalies.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums