• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Are these early signs of baby fever?

Discussion in 'Married Couples' started by bluegreysky, Apr 1, 2015.

1. bluegreysky

bluegreysky Can't adult today.

+355
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Dude I totally have that already except with popsicles.
    not just any popsicles... Hyppo popsicles they are fresh-made daily
    with real fruit and other add-ins like cilantro, avacado, gin, sangria or chipotle peppers.

2. Wolves

Wolves Junior Member

+0
    Christian Seeker
    Married
    I feel like I currently have baby fever - BADLY!

I've always had very strong maternal instincts, I am a primary school teacher so I have built my career around being with children.

But recently it's gotten even worse...all I can think about is being pregnant, babies, and everything baby-related! Even though my husband and I aren't actively trying, every time I get my period my heart sinks a little. After 9 years with my husband and 1.5 years of marriage it just feels like the next step would be to start a little family and to bring another little soul into the world to care and nurture! It's seriously ALL I ever think about, all day every day! Ridiculous!

On the other hand though, I feel like numerically, my age, is way too young to have a child.

3. Dave-W

Dave-W Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner! Supporter

+15,473
    United States
    Messianic
    Married
    US-Others
    Not really. Best years to bear children safely and healthily is in your 20s - so you are actually coming to the end of that "sweet spot" age.

4. annafullofgrace

annafullofgrace His blood sets me free.

+50
    Lutheran
    Married
    This.

5. Inkachu

Inkachu Bursting with fruit flavor!

+3,722
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    FWIW, this is the sort of rubbish (no offense, Dave) that makes women feel like "old maids" by the time they're 29 or 30, which is utter and complete nonsense. Please don't feed into it. A woman's body knows when it's time to stop making babies; it's called menopause. A healthy woman in her 30's and even her 40's is totally able to have a healthy baby.

6. Wolves

Wolves Junior Member

+0
    Christian Seeker
    Married
    Very true! But after the age of 35 any pregnancy is automatically labelled as high risk... Regardless of health!

7. Inkachu

Inkachu Bursting with fruit flavor!

+3,722
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    Do we assume it's true because we're told it's true, or do we use our own brains to come to that conclusion? The medical community uses an over-abundance of caution in just about every aspect.

8. Wolves

Wolves Junior Member

+0
    Christian Seeker
    Married
    Most medical caution is based of statistics. So while it may be overly cautious to tag every pregnancy over 35 as high risk, statistics show that more pregnancy and birth issues happen to women over 35, generally.

9. Dave-W

+15,473
    United States
    Messianic
    Married
    US-Others
    Indeed. the incidence of miscarriages and birth defects take a noticible increase at age 35 and continues to rise.

While what inkachu wrote is true;

"A healthy woman in her 30's and even her 40's is totally able to have a healthy baby;"

statistics say it is increasingly difficult the later in life.

Able - yes. But as likely as in her late teens and 20s? no.

10. Dave-W

+15,473
    United States
    Messianic
    Married
    US-Others
    https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...Zo6Z7_f9SdYFWMZUbMHEUYQ&bvm=bv.91427555,d.cWc