• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Are these conspiracies?

Discussion in 'Conspiracy Theories' started by OldWiseGuy, Jun 23, 2021.

1. OldWiseGuy

OldWiseGuy Wake me when it's soup. Supporter

+10,216
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Others
    To insist there is no border crisis.
    To ignore violent crime in our cities.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. HTacianas

HTacianas Well-Known Member

+6,341
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    Actually it's more a case of willful ignorance to escape responsibility.

I think a true conspiracy theory is actively promoting a falsehood and going to great lengths to create pseudoevidence to prove it. Things like explaining a wild theory using completely made up evidence. I've seen people try to prove that the earth is flat by giving a wild explanation of how the sun moves in an impossible direction to create day and night. Or manufacturing evidence that the moon landing was faked or manufacturing evidence and promulgating lies that Donald Trump is a Russian spy or insisting that Hunter Biden's emails are a Russian disinformation campaign.

3. CatsRule2020

CatsRule2020 Active Member

+166
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    If corporations in the U.S. wanted to curtail the problem at the border they would be on their hirelings in congress and within a week there would be legislation dealing with it. Since they are not doing this, it is evidence that they want this. They live in plush neighborhoods behind gated fences so they don't have to deal with that issue on a personal daily basis. They don't have to pay them livable wages or give them good benefits.

As far as violent crime in the cities go, Congress could pass legislation allowing any city (for 1-2 years) to outlaw handguns. To allow only Law Enforcement to carry these.

4. Matt5

Matt5 Answer the question before the lecture.

+109
    Switzerland
    Christian
    Married
    See how the world is turned upside-down: good is bad and bad is good.

Based on the rules of equality (see below):

1. Immigration (3rd world to 1st world) is the highest priority.
    2. If everyone is equal, then how did some people fall behind? They were victimized by society, police and/or the wealthy.

Given the importance of immigration, it is better to cut off their (progressives) right arms than stop or slow immigration. No problem lying here.

Victimized people do crime. They are the good guys/gals. The real criminals are the police, society and the wealthy.

The Tenets of the Church of Equality

Scope of Equality: Equality within nations (equal stuff for all,) and equality between nations (immigration, globalism, climate wealth redistribution)

1. Equal means no better or worse than something else.
    2. Every person, group or nation is equal.
    3. All religions are equal.
    3a. Islam equals Christianity.
    4. Everybody is basically good.
    4a. Anne Frank thought this.
    4b. #4 leads one to be unprepared for real threats.
    5. One gets ahead by cheating or luck.
    5a. The West, Israel.
    5b. Nonbelievers from #5 are Nazis.
    6. Anybody getting behind is a victim of #5 or society.
    6a. Those in #6 are the good guys.
    7. #5 and #6 show that equality leads to - good is bad and bad is good.
    8. The policy of diversity does not lead to diversity.
    8a. Diversity leads to equality - all groups equal.
    8b. Diversity of nations means all nations look alike.
    8c. Immigration is by far the most important policy of the church.

5. RDKirk

RDKirk Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner Supporter

+14,181
    Christian
    Married
    Who insists there is no border crisis or ignores violent crime in the cities?

6. Eftsoon

Eftsoon Active Member

+269
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Single
    -

Last edited: Jun 23, 2021
  7. Petros2015

Petros2015 Well-Known Member

+2,665
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    I feel like you would need to add a shadowy "they" who is set on deliberately and secretly manufacturing these things in order to profit from them. It's important to be able to hate the 'they' who are secretly controlling the events we feel powerless over in order to have a truly good conspiracy wherein everyone is certain they are being lied to and trusts no one except those promulgating the conspiracy. And then its important to double and triple-down on the events that are promoting the feeling of powerlessness rather than to promote accurate assessment, discussion and solution of those events and problems. Keep everyone living in as much Fear and Lies as possible... until...

G'mork knew this best - but should have stayed in his cave where he was safer.

Huh. I feel like I could probably be pretty good at this if I wanted to...

I don't.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2021
  8. Petros2015

Petros2015 Well-Known Member

+2,665
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahahahahahahahahahahaha

If we are all "basically as good" as me...

upload_2021-6-23_15-41-13.png

Though come to think about it, that *does* explain a lot...

9. ZagZig

ZagZig Member

+40
    Canada
    Protestant
    Married
    If it was only as simple as that.

Problem is... if you make handguns illegal... only the criminals would have them.

Gun's are not the problem. They are the tool used due to the simple fact that they are the great equalizer.. Two people with guns can easily kill each other.. .no matter of size, intelligence, race, wealth, sex, education, stature... nothing.

People were killing, robbing, raping, enslaving and all kinds of violent evil acts.. long before guns.

You have to make the consequences of their actions much much harsher. There is no deterrent.

What if armed robbery was punished with the death penalty? Or, 10 years hard labor?
    As opposed to a slap on the wrist.

No, handgun bans do not work. In some countries, like Canada, anyone with a handgun on the street is breaking lots of laws. One more won't stop them.

You want to stop crime? Make it hurt. Right now.. it doesn't and the legal system won't make it hurt.

10. OldWiseGuy

+10,216
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Others
    Nope.

11. OldWiseGuy

+10,216
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Others
    The Democrats.

12. OldWiseGuy

+10,216
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Others
    To me government conspiracies are crafted by those in power to deny the will of the majority. California's liberal administrations became so exasperated that the results of referendums so often opposed their proposals that they outlawed referendums.

Any government program that doesn't have public input is a conspiracy.

I think most conspiracies fly under the radar. We see the results only later when the conspiracy has succeeded. However some never get off the ground so we are unaware that they were being hatched.

13. Eftsoon

Eftsoon Active Member

+269
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Single
    I was going to delete that.Your OP appears to be making a link between Mexican immigrants and crime. Perhaps it is doing that. At any rate, I ought to have just voiced my criticism instead of making fun. So...sorry about that.

14. RDKirk

RDKirk Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner Supporter

+14,181
    Christian
    Married
    Not true.

15. grasping the after wind

grasping the after wind That's grasping after the wind

+5,600
    Lutheran
    Married
    US-Others
    Congress cannot legally pass such a law.

16. OldWiseGuy

+10,216
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Others
    Crime and immigration are separate issues, although there is a common element; that of the illegal drug trade. The American market for drugs has caused widespread corruption in the countries involved leading to the present mass emigration from them.

Kamala Harris recently visited those countries in hopes of distracting us from the fact that the "root cause" of the immigration problem is the money flowing from hard-core drug users to the cartels that control those countries. Until the money flow is stopped the immigrants will come.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2021
  17. OldWiseGuy

+10,216
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Others
    Liberal policies are going to sink our ship.

18. Albion

Albion Facilitator

+30,077
    Anglican
    Married
    The term "conspiracy theory" has become like a popular buzzword, that's right.

It's obviously something negative, so when the idea was hatched by some people to accuse President Trump of being part of some conspiracy theory, it logically enough caused people who were outraged at that tactic to charge them with being involved with their own "conspiracy theory."

In time, it loses all its punch--like the word "terrorist." That used to mean something important, but when each side started calling any vocal supporter of the other political party a "terrorist," it quickly lost all meaning so that today we seldom even hear it used of real terrorist organizations.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2021
  19. OldWiseGuy

+10,216
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Others
    True, especially if there are no legal consequences attached. In my city (my "Learning Tree") so many conspiratorial things happen that we take it for granted.

20. OldWiseGuy

+10,216
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Others
    You have to lock up those responsible for the violence.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2021