Are these canadates the best America has?

farout

Standing firm for Christ
Nov 23, 2015
Mid West of the good USA
✟14,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Is Clinton, Sanders, Trump, Cruz and Kasich the very best our country has to run for president? I see huge flaws in each of these people, and I don't want any of then in the White House.

Why are we being forced to elect one of these people whom most of us really don't want? Just who is pushing these people to run for president? Are the people of the US being controlled by a group that sets an agenda, and the person they feel they can control the most?

Who would you like to see run for president and win?

Reactions: aieyiamfu

revanneosl

Mystically signifying since 1985
Feb 25, 2007
Northern Illniois
✟39,310.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
We've set up a system where the only people who would even consider running for President are required to have a certain set of rather pathological characteristics. Here's an incomplete list:
  • They have to be willing to phone up all of their friends, family, and acquaintances and ask them for money, on the regular.
  • They have to be willing to subject their family members to an excruciating level of intrusion into their private lives, sometimes for years on end, and to having them be brutally ridiculed in the public press.
  • They have to be willing to miss birthdays, baptisms, confirmations, anniversaries, weddings, deathbeds, and funerals of the people that they love.
  • They have to be willing to put their family members in the crosshairs of every gun-toting nutjob in America for the rest of their lives.
I am grateful for the public service of those I agree with, of course, but this is not a healthy way to live. I'm not a trained psychologist, but I play one on anonymous internet forums: willingness to run for President is evidence of some kind of personality disorder.

Upvote 0

Sojourner1

Following my Shepherd
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2004
California
✟498,461.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is Clinton, Sanders, Trump, Cruz and Kasich the very best our country has to run for president? I see huge flaws in each of these people, and I don't want any of then in the White House.

I completely agree with you on this! I don't want to vote for any of the candidates that are running. I saw the following on Facebook earlier this week...I thought it was pretty funny.

11hx8e.jpg

Upvote 0

bill5

Jul 30, 2011
✟63,199.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
It seems I ask this every election, ie "these are our choices? ugh." As stated, it isn't "these are the 2 best candidates." It's "these are the ones who are willing to become president and who the parties will back." That eliminates a LOT of FAR FAR better choices.

But this one has taken things to a new low. It's a near certainty that it will be Clinton vs Trump and that is beyond scary.

Upvote 0

MoonofIsaiah

LET YOUR SMILE CHANGE THE WORLD NOT VICE VERSA
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟16,638.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Why are we being forced to elect one of these people whom most of us really don't want? Just who is pushing these people to run for president? Are the people of the US being controlled by a group that sets an agenda, and the person they feel they can control the most?

Who would you like to see run for president and win?
And Clinton. It's a sad apparent truth at this point. However, for a long time I've thought and it was recently given support by someone in politics, that we have not a thing to do with any of this choosing process. The election. Not even of the candidates on the ballot.

It should be the popular vote that decides. And those who win the vote of trust in every state as a candidate for the November decider should be on the ballot. First, second and third place in those state elections. Every party that has a candidate running.
And there should be a law put in place that corporations, and others of influence cannot donate to a candidates fund. The so called common people support them or they support themselves as well for the run. While media outlets don't get rich running ad's. Instead, rather than charge, they get the tax credit for those ad's they host.

We need a lot of reform in America. We have to start from the top in order to make for change we can live with.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
And Clinton. It's a sad apparent truth at this point. However, for a long time I've thought and it was recently given support by someone in politics, that we have not a thing to do with any of this choosing process. The election. Not even of the candidates on the ballot.

It should be the popular vote that decides. And those who win the vote of trust in every state as a candidate for the November decider should be on the ballot. First, second and third place in those state elections. Every party that has a candidate running.
And there should be a law put in place that corporations, and others of influence cannot donate to a candidates fund. The so called common people support them or they support themselves as well for the run. While media outlets don't get rich running ad's. Instead, rather than charge, they get the tax credit for those ad's they host.

We need a lot of reform in America. We have to start from the top in order to make for change we can live with.

Based on the lack of support for the only one who consistently wins against Hillary (Kasich) the (conservative) voting public exemplifies the mindless 'mob rule' (democracy in it's crudest form) that the political system was crafted to deal with.

Upvote 0

Cos-play

Sep 29, 2015
✟2,816.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Prior to 1980 politics was seen as a service to country and people, something to aspire to, a place to make a difference an important job not to be taken on lightly. A service and a trust.

Then St. Ronnie of Raygun, in his dementia addled way, spent 8 years making politics a punchline: "I'm from the government and I'm here to help".

Not politics is a place for corporate owned hacks and losers and narcissists who only desire power to sell it to the highest bidder.

Before 1980 (1967 I think) LBJ, who history has not treated kindly was on a visit to Houston after a Hurricane. He took a flashlight into a darkened shelter full of cold, wet, hungry, scared people, shined the light on himself and said "I am your President (he always introduced himself that was "I am your President") and I'm here to help".

That's the incident Ronnie was referring to in his little story.

But can you imagine Ronnie, or Bush (either of them) or Clinton (either of them) walking into a dirty shelter and saying something like that ?

Or for that matter even being in a Hurricane hit city in the first place.

We get the leaders we deserve because we've decided the jobs is not worth having.

So get these yutzes.

Upvote 0

Cos-play

Sep 29, 2015
✟2,816.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Some fool was on NPR today talking about how the primaries are "meaningless" and the convention will do whatever they want. OK........

Technically true.

In practice however there is no one to actually stop this trainwreck.

Mitt Romney - that last national candidate isn't getting any traction
The money guy's can't control the situation
Rince Prebis can't control his own lunch order.

The zombie madmen who follow the guy with blonde rodent on his head are going to walk into Cleveland with Molotov Cocktails in their back pockets and it's going to be bad.

Very, very bad.

The Dem's will likely take 45 states.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Widlast

Feb 11, 2016
Eastern USA
✟35,523.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
As has been said before, the type of person who would even WANT to be president is exactly the type of person who should never have any authority of any kind. The position appeals to megalomaniacs and control freaks.
Not that our vote matters. The PTB have already decided that Hitlary will be our next Pres. The fact that she dresses like Chairman Mao is no coincidence, she has the same attitudes on governance and how to deal with those who annoy her.

Frankly, the US is doomed. This dog and pony show is just the beginning of the fun to come.

Upvote 0

Cos-play

Sep 29, 2015
✟2,816.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
As has been said before, the type of person who would even WANT to be president is exactly the type of person who should never have any authority of any kind. The position appeals to megalomaniacs and control freaks.
Not that our vote matters. The PTB have already decided that Hitlary will be our next Pres. The fact that she dresses like Chairman Mao is no coincidence, she has the same attitudes on governance and how to deal with those who annoy her.

I was going to go out and compare pics to prove you wrong but you've got a point - she is kind of a fan of the wide hipped suit coat.

Upvote 0

MoonofIsaiah

LET YOUR SMILE CHANGE THE WORLD NOT VICE VERSA
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟16,638.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Based on the lack of support for the only one who consistently wins against Hillary (Kasich) the (conservative) voting public exemplifies the mindless 'mob rule' (democracy in it's crudest form) that the political system was crafted to deal with.
“People use democracy as a free-floating abstraction disconnected from reality. Democracy in and of itself is not necessarily good. Gang rape, after all, is democracy in action.

All men have the right to live their own life. Democracy must be rooted in a rational philosophy that first and foremost recognizes the right of an individual. A few million Imperial Order men screaming for the lives of a much smaller number of people in the New World may win a democratic vote, but it does not give them the right to those lives, or make their calls for such killing right.

Democracy is not a synonym for justice or for freedom. Democracy is not a sacred right sanctifying mob rule. Democracy is a principle that is subordinate to the inalienable rights of the individual.”

― Terry Goodkind, Naked Empire

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
All men have the right to live their own life.

Sadly not everyone has the opportunity to do so.

Democracy is a principle that is subordinate to the inalienable rights of the individual.”

Democracy is intended to ensure the welfare of the majority, not protect the rights of the individual.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
That's simply not true.

Your statement implies the life that they choose or prefer, not necessarily the one they find themselves living. Millions, perhaps billions, of people aren't free to live the life they would have liked to live.

Upvote 0

bill5

Jul 30, 2011
✟63,199.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Democracy is intended to ensure the welfare of the majority, not protect the rights of the individual.
It's both, actually. If an individual's rights aren't protected, you have a dictatorship/totalitarian govt.

There is no democracy, there is the right to vote for preselected puppets who all turn out to be liars.
Iḿ sorry...
I'm sorry, but that's pretty ridiculous.

Upvote 0