PANAMA CITY
✟42,375.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
"God revealed to me that my Great Grandfather was a Grand Master mason who was in charge of several Lodges. In the higher levels they understand who it is they are worshipping. The reference to satan as 'Father' enabled the curse to fall on my father’s line. My dad's father died when he (my father) was thirteen. My mother and father divorced when I was ten and my father moved into a new house eventually remarrying and having three more children. The Lord showed me that divorce enables a spirit of tormenting fear to hit vulnerable children, so this hit me as well as the curse ‘Lack of love from the Father’. We still kept in touch, and I knew he still loved me dearly but of course my life was never the same from that moment. God showed me that my belief of 'God might let me down' came from my father leaving. The moment my father left the curse of anxiety and the fear of someone I trusted letting me down was able to alight upon me. I wept and wept as God put healing into the wound 'lack of love from the Father' within me. As He did this Father God kept repeating over and over to me that He would never leave me nor forsake me."

"The Father's role is to protect and provide security."

http://www.christianconnection.co/index.php/healing-a-deliverance/anxiety-fear-a-depression

Is there such a thing? I asked a Christian Counselor and she had no clue. I actually said to her, "why are you a Christian counselor then?" LOL

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
LOL indeed.

There is much debate and dispute over this topic. Some say that generational curses exist from this:

Exodus 34:7
who keeps lovingkindness for thousands, who forgives iniquity, transgression and sin; yet He will by no means leave the guilty unpunished, visiting the iniquity of fathers on the children and on the grandchildren to the third and fourth generations.”

And others say that in Christ all curses are broken.

Both are scripturally true.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟585,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Jesus on the cross has intercepted any and all curses. So, now one can start new in Jesus >

"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold all things have become new." (2 Corinthians 5:17)

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,450,928.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not as such. If you consider a curse to be the direction of nature and the laws of probability against a person, the only person who has the power to levy a true curse is Jesus. When the Lord of All Creation says, "Woe be unto you!" The universal powers of woe had no recourse but to respond.

However, demons do exist and it's possible for one's actions to give them room to operate in his life and in the lives of those close to him.

As well, a person's actions may directly affect those around him (sans demonic activity). A boy subject to seeing his mother constantly abused by his father will be adversely affected by it, and that might adversely affect how he treats his own wife.

Upvote 0

Doug Melven

Nov 2, 2017
Wyoming
✟83,208.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Generational curses gone.
Jeremiah 31:29 In those days they shall say no more, The fathers have eaten a sour grape, and the children's teeth are set on edge.
Jeremiah 31:30 But every one shall die for his own iniquity: every man that eateth the sour grape, his teeth shall be set on edge.

Some say they still exist and for them those curses do exist for our tongue has the power of life and death. Proverbs 18:21
When we speak life we are speaking blessing.
When we speak death we are speaking curses.
Some people speak those curses into existence by continually speaking death over themselves or another.
For instance a parent will continually call a child worthless and guess how that child turns out most of the time.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"God revealed to me that my Great Grandfather was a Grand Master mason who was in charge of several Lodges. In the higher levels they understand who it is they are worshipping. The reference to satan as 'Father' enabled the curse to fall on my father’s line. My dad's father died when he (my father) was thirteen. My mother and father divorced when I was ten and my father moved into a new house eventually remarrying and having three more children. The Lord showed me that divorce enables a spirit of tormenting fear to hit vulnerable children, so this hit me as well as the curse ‘Lack of love from the Father’. We still kept in touch, and I knew he still loved me dearly but of course my life was never the same from that moment. God showed me that my belief of 'God might let me down' came from my father leaving. The moment my father left the curse of anxiety and the fear of someone I trusted letting me down was able to alight upon me. I wept and wept as God put healing into the wound 'lack of love from the Father' within me. As He did this Father God kept repeating over and over to me that He would never leave me nor forsake me."

http://www.christianconnection.co/index.php/healing-a-deliverance/anxiety-fear-a-depression

Is there such a thing? I asked a Christian Counselor and she had no clue. I actually said to her, "why are you a Christian counselor then?" LOL

Yes, Thanks to grand-pappy Adam, we are all now stuck with his decision and we all die once.
It's a pain.

Reactions: Doctor.Sphinx
Upvote 0

Emli

Growing daughter of God
Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2017
Sweden
✟208,889.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I have had to break a lot of curses, both generational ones and ones spoken over me in my own life, in order to become free from some sin, some spirits and a lot of oppression.

Some people exaggarate this, and treat anything like a curse, or only look at curses but not at their own sins, and some people don't believe in curses or believe that they are automatically broken when we first believe or when we are born-again. For me, I've had to break them as the Holy Spirit revealed them to me. I didn't believe at first, but eventually I had to, as part of self-deliverance, and it removed so much darkness from me. I was set free from so much and I praise God for teaching me, because it has also helped other people.

I've also had to break curses that were spoken over me by other people, both by Christians and non-christians. False prophecy, or someone speaking falsely in God's name, when believed can cause a curse, and I even coughed up evil spirits after breaking one of those that had tormented me for months.

Curses are just a part of the reality that God has created, whether we like it or not. The world didn't change when Jesus died on the Cross, only God's covenant with us did. The Blood of Christ and the authority of Jesus' name breaks the curses, because of His sacrifice on the Cross, but that was not a one time event for all of humanity to automatically be set free, it's something that we must personally choose to believe in our own lives, as with everything else that the Bible teaches us.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Martyr's Crown

Sunflower Jewel
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
✟78,464.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I do think there are generational curses which gets created through your family line when one or more family members have been doing pagan practices or been interacting with demons, e.t.c... If this starts from the far past and have never got dealt with, as well as family members remains non-believers, they will still remain bound to this world's sin and darkness.

When you become saved you have the Holy Spirit to convict you as well as pointing out for you where you need getting changed as well as free'd out from bondages. And this may also take some time, depending on your spiritual maturity as well as when you are ready to take the next steps forward in your growth in Christ. Also happening in God's Timing! As He has your life mapped out before Him, like a puzzle game everything needs to get put in place at the right times.

Ever tried those HUGE puzzle games which takes more days to finish? These ones really need much patience from you as there are so many small puzzle pieces, and then you need to find the right puzzle place to put it into which can be hard to search out at first!

I think our life can be like one of these HUGE puzzle games. Even though God have no problem putting each puzzle piece into it's right place, still there will be a difference of time in our lives in which each puzzle piece needs to get put into place at the right times according to God's Timing for each one of us. And His Timing is different than our's! Same way as His plans are greater and different than our's! Yet, God's Timing and Plans are Always Perfect, and for our Best!

Upvote 0

Emli

Growing daughter of God
Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2017
Sweden
✟208,889.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Yeah, I thought when you got Jesus that stuff was gone. The curse stuff probably was alive in the OT times, but ended with the NT.
Matthew 5:18

Nothing changed for the world when Jesus died, and everything that was in the Law is still true, and that involves curses. Jesus came to save those who choose to believe in Him, and allow us to become cleansed, healed, set free, sanctified, renewed, transformed etc, and to give us access to God through His sacrifice. He then changed His covenant so that we are no longer under Law, but under Grace, and His sacrifice is forever. Believers have authority over the enemy, and the power of Grace is in us to transform us, through His name and His Blood. God changes us, but the Law didn't change, the world didn't change. Sin didn't change, and the consequences of sin didn't change.

Upvote 0

Doug Melven

Nov 2, 2017
Wyoming
✟83,208.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yeah, I thought when you got Jesus that stuff was gone. The curse stuff probably was alive in the OT times, but ended with the NT.
When we were born-again in Christ old things passed away and all things became new. 2 Corinthians 5:17

But many people do not know what they have in Christ, so they don't use there God given authority to stop these curses.

• Agree
Reactions: MommyGirl
Upvote 0

ValueOfLiving

We need happy world!
Jun 7, 2018
Kyiv
✟15,312.00
Country
Ukraine
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I stand by that too. But so much time has gone and we have been doing so many bad things from that time.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟831,404.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married

The Scripture says that if any person be in Christ he or she is a completely new creature. Old things have passed away and look, all things have become new. This means that the new birth has made a separation between you and past generations. Therefore, because you are born of God, there is only one generation before you - Jesus Himself. This means that any generational curses that existed have been broken and separated from you the moment you received Christ as Saviour.

We often underestimate the power of being born again of the Spirit of God. In this we have died to the world and to sin, and to generational curses. Generational curses cannot affect someone who is dead, and because you died with Christ when He died on the cross, and made alive again in Him, then you died to any generational curse that might have affected you before you received Christ. Can you believe that? You can, because that is what the Bible says about the great change that comes about through being born again of the Spirit of God.

You have been taken right out of the kingdom of darkness with its curses and sinfulness, and transferred into God's kingdom. There is no way that any component of the kingdom of darkness can affect you. Your life is hidden with Christ in God. It is so secret squirrel with God that even Satan doesn't know where you are, and even if he was to locate you, he would be frightened of you and would have to flee from you.

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Spirit-filled follower of Christ
Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican

That is like saying the devil ended with the NT. Actually, we can still put curses on one another, even ourselves. It is all in the power of the tongue. The consequences from our words can be what is termed, curses. Read James. Believing and spreading false doctrine is spreading curses. You may send someone to hell if they believe the false doctrine you spread. Even a false doctrine that is sugar-coated with the image of Jesus, but is not of Jesus. Here is a common false doctrine: Jesus covers our past, present, and future sins while we keep committing them. It teaches that a Christian will still commit willful sin, even though 1 John 3:9 says we can't. Those who believe this are cursed when they act on it. Those who believe and teach this false doctrine are cursed worse.

Upvote 0