Are there some professions that make it impossible /rare to enter into Heaven or be saved ?

Jude1:3Contendforthefaith

Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2017
Arizona
✟530,314.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
• Professions where you have to be willing to kill someone / your job is to kill someone ?

• Professions where you have to Deceive Someone / Lie

• Professions where you have to use Weaponized Psychology to harass someone but pretend not to be

• Professions where you have to torture someone like prisoners of war

Etc.

Last edited:

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
• Professions where you have to be willing to kill someone / your job is to kill someone ?

• Professions where you have to use Weaponized Psychology to harass someone but pretend not to be

Etc.

I believe the Sermon on the Mount defines what is right or wrong conduct for believers.

Upvote 0

Not David

I'm back!
Apr 6, 2018
USA
✟231,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single

Etc.

How come you ask here and not in TAW?

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Impossible? No ... with God all things are possible.

But how we live our lives shapes what/who we become.

If a man who is simply rich is often too inclined to love his material possessions and rely on himself and not love God and so it is hard for him to be saved ... how much more someone who actively violates his conscience, hardens himself, God forbid maybe even learns to take pleasure in harming others due to his prowess and so becoming more like a demon than like Christ? How is that person's relationship with God going to be?

Or if he keeps his heart soft toward God, yet carries out his job in the manner expected, he's going to live in continual torment.

I hope this is a rhetorical question. I think it's better to look at the martyrs through history, and how they would rather die than betray their faith. If one's job is a betrayal of one's faith, better to find a new job.

Scripture says "some of you were thieves ... steal no more". How much more if they were torturers or murderers?

(This is not a comment on the death penalty - I couldn't carry it out, but it is not murder.)

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,132,868.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Etc.

I can think of several ... but the question would be whether or not a person is willing to stop participating in those activities, activities that I wouldn't really call "professions" even though the world in its various strange ways might.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

anynmskr

Oct 16, 2019
Tennessee
✟4,486.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I believe there are some professions in which the person would be better off, finding a new profession, However doing so would require a lot of work, And learning a whole new trade........

I believe people are capable of this, However i am also disabled, And currently on disability,
And if i ever did have to try and go back to work,
I wouldn't even know where to , begin,...

That being said, While on disability,
When i am not sleeping for hours, Because of medications, Because i don't, sleep,

I do try and keep myself up to date with certain, Things going on, Although if i lived on my own,
I probably,
Would not,

As i mostly like it quiet throughout most of the day,
And if i ever think of something i might like to study up on,
I will get the book, And take a long time reading it,
Quite possibly read it more than, Once,........

This being said,...

Whoever runs technology,
I think might be denied getting in to Heaven,

Because the day they pry my books out of my hands,

And make me stare at a hard, Cold,
Hard-On-Your-Eyes,

Computer, Screen,

To even read the Bible, Which i think would really be, Blasphemy,................

I'll stop typing now. :) :(

Upvote 0

usexpat97

kewlness
Aug 1, 2012
Ecuador
✟76,839.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single

This is called an office job. It's not so much a profession or line of work, as it is a particular work environment or office. Many political environments can just eat your soul. You have to not give the Devil a foothold (Ephesians 4:27). As seemingly innocuous, white-lie, or tempting as some things are, just don't go there. It is not who YOU are, and not who YOU want to be, as a human being. Most people in that office are...you are not.

If you have ever been in an office job, you probably know what I mean.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If you are a child of God, I don't think there is any job which can keep you out of Heaven, but God will remove you from certain jobs.

In at least one state in America, there is legal prostitution. Also, there is abortion work.

By the way > God could remove you, because of your reason for a job.

If you are mainly or only trying to use people to get their money . . . love has us giving freely. So, God would have you learn how to love, and this could mean you change to another job.

You might not miss Heaven, but we need to discover how God has us love.

Upvote 0