Illinois
✟176,088.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I don't want to be a teacher when it comes to the Bible, I am not fit for that kind of responsibility and something like that is a HUGE responsibility. God forbid if I taught something false. That's a major reason. And the truth is that a teacher is more important than the president and 99% of the population. That's how highly I view it, and yes I solemnly believe a teacher is the most important job in the world.

But are there any other kind of Jobs that don't take such a huge responsibility?

I find archeology quite interesting, how they find artifacts and use it as evidence for the Bible, and stuff like apologetics, where I defend the faith.

I don't know whats really out there.

Messerve

Sep 30, 2018
hjkhjkh
✟25,910.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Bible Translation and Linguistics would be a field to look into.
Very good point. Thought translating has shifted somewhat toward the native speakers themselves taking the initiative there are still areas foreign missionaries are desired and there are many opportunities to oversee a translation project even if you aren't doing it all yourself.

ALSO, a fact very few people know is that the vast majority of the world still doesn't have the Old Testament in their language. Perhaps you could learn Hebrew at a seminary and then help to fill in those gaps.

I have a degree in Linguistics, so if you are at all interested in this I can point you in the right direction.

Upvote 0

JohnB445

Aug 24, 2018
Illinois
✟176,088.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Bible Translation and Linguistics would be a field to look into.

I am currently learning Greek, out of ambition. I already know how to speak Spanish since I took that course in HS.

That seems like a good option. I'm just not sure what I would be necessarily doing.

Reactions: JosephZ
Upvote 0