Are there any parts or books in the bible that bored you or you found difficult to understand?

Jan 20, 2018
California
✟23,020.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Just a curious question I wondered for all my die heart Christian fans...have you ever not been thrilled about a particular book or section in the bible or you couldny receive much from it? I like the bible im trying to strengthen my faith and am reading it..but wanted toknow others thoughts and opinions

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Genealogy in Genesis , many people are like let's read whole bible then they start in Genesis and get bored here and quit .

Yes, that is a common stumbling block for casual readers, and that is why I often caution serious seekers to begin with a brief reading, meditation, and prayer over John 14 ---the first place I ever read in the Bible many, many years ago. Then one should read all the Gospels (which show Jesus, the Christ of God in many of His wondrous aspects).

A daily reading of all the New Testament is the better way to meet God (and especially note Romans to see our wretched condition and need of God). We can then understand how God came down to man in the Person of Christ ---"Son of man" and "Son of God", and hopefully see our urgent and eternal need of the Savior to ever be accepted of God (note 1 Jn.5:10-12).

Once a week one might then also begin a reading in the Old Testament to understand our Creator-God, creation, history, God's dealings with His covenant people of Israel (which also shows us more of what kind of God we are privileged to have). The promise to Israel as a chosen people for eternal blessing over the whole of mankind in the world in a future day, is manifest.

Israel needed to know and still do, that individuals must be redeemed by obedience and faithfulness; and then bow to God, and believe their prophets about the Messiah ---which they failed and still do to receive Him when He came. Today they, and serious seekers, need to appreciate that the Israelite religion is mostly a typology of the real sacrifice which is found in their Messiah ---our Lord Jesus, the Christ (Messiah -anointed One).

The Bible is a joy to read when one is a sincere seeker after God; and is "rightly dividing the Word of Truth" as God enjoins us. Look up always! -1watchman

Last edited:
Upvote 0

r4.h

Feb 11, 2018
Hamilton
✟20,810.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Just a curious question I wondered for all my die heart Christian fans...have you ever not been thrilled about a particular book or section in the bible or you couldny receive much from it? I like the bible im trying to strengthen my faith and am reading it..but wanted toknow others thoughts and opinions

hi, just as with landing a plane, its all about the approach. We have line up just right at the right speed and angle.

Heb 11:6 "...anyone who comes to God must first believe that he is, and that He rewards those who diligently seek Him....."

Before we begin to read any book, chapter or verse, we must have excitement that God will speak to us and reward us for coming closer to Him. "If draw near to Him, He WILL draw near to us".

Disclaimer: We must be willing to obey what we hear, for God doesnt speak for our entertainment.

Upvote 0