Are there any other Special Education Ministers out there?

Zoey <3

Considering Catholicism
Site Supporter
Mar 21, 2017
Ohio
✟74,215.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I am genuinely curious. Our church has housed a Special Needs Sunday School room for nineteen years now. (This is the exact number, not an exaggeration) We were the first church in our area to do so. I was wondering how many other members here volunteer/work in ministries for this special group? Also, if your church has a special education group, could you let us know? I would love to see how many have them :D

*LILAC

Site Supporter
Jan 22, 2005
✟456,687.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That's great! Good for your church! I only wish our church had something like this. We've never had a proper special needs Sunday school and the special needs people, like my son, are all older now. To my knowledge there is nothing like this within our church. We had somebody somewhat "qualified" to sit with our autistic son in Sunday school but when she found an excuse nearly every Sunday, to either be late or not be there at all (sometimes even without telling us so!) we gave up because it was just unfair that she couldn't be prompt or available when we needed her most and it was upsetting to our son and us as parents. If you can find people WILLING to make this commitment and stick to it, awesome! If someone is not willing to put one hour aside once a week, then they are not serious or considerate enough.

Mini rant over. lol

Sounds like you guys are doing something right to have kept it going this long! Keep up the good work! :clap:

Upvote 0

Zoey <3

Considering Catholicism
Site Supporter
Mar 21, 2017
Ohio
✟74,215.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
That's great! Good for your church! I only wish our church had something like this. We've never had a proper special needs Sunday school and the special needs people, like my son, are all older now. To my knowledge there is nothing like this within our church. We had somebody somewhat "qualified" to sit with our autistic son in Sunday school but when she found an excuse nearly every Sunday, to either be late or not be there at all (sometimes even without telling us so!) we gave up because it was just unfair that she couldn't be prompt or available when we needed her most and it was upsetting to our son and us as parents. If you can find people WILLING to make this commitment and stick to it, awesome! If someone is not willing to put one hour aside once a week, then they are not serious or considerate enough.

Mini rant over. lol

Sounds like you guys are doing something right to have kept it going this long! Keep up the good work! :clap:

Thanks for the compliments! I don't understand how people do things like that, not that I do not believe you. I believe you fully. For me, Pathways (what we call our classroom) is like a second home. I even come in throughout the week sometimes to clean and prep and such. However, my favorite part by far is the interaction with the kids. They are truly an amazing group. ou must feel so special to have such a special person in your home :) Thank you for sharing your story. I appreciate it greatly. May God send many blessings your way <3

Upvote 0