Arizona
✟530,314.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I took 4 months of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu classes, but that's about it. I like to study Catch Wrestling and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Instructional Videos though:

Okay.png

Upvote 0

IMNW

Mar 6, 2017
Liverpool
✟13,598.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Conservative
I took 4 months of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu classes, but that's about it. I like to study Catch Wrestling and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Instructional Videos though.

BJJ is something I considered going into before taking up judo, and my judo groundgame is helped greatly by a BJJ practitioner who has joined my judo class.

Upvote 0

Jude1:3Contendforthefaith

Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2017
Arizona
✟530,314.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
BJJ is something I considered going into before taking up judo, and my judo groundgame is helped greatly by a BJJ practitioner who has joined my judo class.

Sometimes I think it might be better if I try and find someone to give me private lessons instead of going to a Mcdojo that has classes being taught by some brand new Purple Belt who can't control the class and let's midlife crisis blue belts Smash people in their first week of training.

I'll post some of my bad experiences a little bit later.

Upvote 0

Jude1:3Contendforthefaith

Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2017
Arizona
✟530,314.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Judo is amazing because you basically are learning Take Downs and Throws Right Away. The hardest part to me would be getting used to and actually learning how to Break Fall Correctly so you don't Wreck Your Back.

In that 4 months of training BJJ we literally worked on take downs twice. It was mostly starting from the knees.

Upvote 0

IMNW

Mar 6, 2017
Liverpool
✟13,598.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Conservative
The hardest part to me would be getting used to and actually learning how to Break Fall Correctly so you don't Wreck Your Back.

A good judo instructor can teach you that easily within minutes, it's a very simple set of techniques. But I understand that it would be a problem if you were never taught it in the first place due to BJJ being mostly groundwork.

Funnily enough our judo club has a heavy emphasis on groundwork, dare I say even more so than standing work.

Upvote 0

“Paisios”

Sinner
Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2014
✟594,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I know this is fairly unlikely, but I was wondering whether we had any judokas here on CF?
My wife, kids and I did it for a few years. The kids liked it when they were little, but lost interest later on. My wife never liked it (though she loves Tae Kwon Do) - the close quarters were uncomfortable for her. I keep thinking I’d like to get back into it, but I’m an overweight, out of shape, completely inflexible middle aged guy, whose work schedule doesn’t really allow for any particular regularly scheduled activity.

I really enjoyed it, though, despite being terrible at it.

Upvote 0