Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Well if you feel that repulsed by it, then definitely get it removed. You do realize that lasering off tattoos leaves scars?

Some ppl would prefer to get a tattoo modified, if they grow to dislike it, rather than try to obliterate it painfully and often messily with a laser.

For example, a Christian woman with the name of an ex-bf tattooed - e.g., 'Bill', might choose to get the word changed to 'Bible' instead.

Upvote 0

standingtall

Such is life....
Jan 5, 2012
✟1,535.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Some ppl would prefer to get a tattoo modified, if they grow to dislike it, rather than try to obliterate it painfully and often messily with a laser.

For example, a Christian woman with the name of an ex-bf tattooed - e.g., 'Bill', might choose to get the word changed to 'Bible' instead.

Yes, definitely get all your "worldly" tattoos changed to something Christian so you can ease your conscience and get God's approval.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yes, definitely get all your "worldly" tattoos changed to something Christian so you can ease your conscience and get God's approval.

I guess this is why in some ways work as a tattoo artist can be not a bad occupation for a Christian with artistic flair. They are in a good position to give very constructive advice to Christians wanting to make their initial or ameneded designs God honoring. In particular, more mature Christian women, with qualities of patience, gentleness and long experience can make good tattoo artists, I think. (Two cents'.)

Upvote 0

amymine712

Praising God
Jun 24, 2014
✟15,459.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

I don't need to get God's approval. He loves me as I am and that makes me try to be a better Christian. I am not perfect...none of us are but God works with broken vessels to show His glory.

Upvote 0

standingtall

Such is life....
Jan 5, 2012
✟1,535.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't need to get God's approval. He loves me as I am and that makes me try to be a better Christian. I am not perfect...none of us are but God works with broken vessels to show His glory.

I guess you didn't understand that my post was tongue-in-cheek.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I have never thought of it that way. I originally got the tattoo as a reminder to myself and God has used it for His glory by letting me talk to others about his love.

Well, I guess then that you already do recognize that God may have been using your identity as a tattooed woman for His glory in effective and frequent witness. :)

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Oh it was? I must apologize then. :)
Did you say anything wrong?

Just suppose that what you originally did was not ideal. But now the fact that you can use it for the glory of God frequently in witness presumably shows that grace abounds. Or something like that.

You know the saying: God can use crooked sticks to draw straight lines (just assuming for the moment there is even a parallel between a faith based tattoo and a crooked stick).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

amymine712

Praising God
Jun 24, 2014
✟15,459.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Did you say anything wrong?

Just suppose that what you originally did was not ideal. But now the fact that you can use it for the glory of God frequently in witness presumably shows that grace abounds. Or something like that.

You know the saying: God can use crooked sticks to draw straight lines (just assuming for the moment there is even a parallel between a faith based tattoo and a crooked stick).

No I wasn't wrong in what I said but how I perceived his post.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
No I wasn't wrong in what I said but how I perceived his post.

Sometimes if we don't share a person's presuppositions, then when s/he uses irony it can sometimes not be spotted. Looking back, I think I myself didn't spot the irony, either.

I think Romans 14.22b is relevant:

'Happy is he that condemneth not himself in that thing which he alloweth.'

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

PS: my post earlier was in my mind addressed to you, but I see scrolling back I got the wrong person! :)

I guess this is why in some ways work as a tattoo artist can be not a bad occupation for a Christian with artistic flair. They are in a good position to give very constructive advice to Christians wanting to make their initial or ameneded designs God honoring. In particular, more mature Christian women, with qualities of patience, gentleness and long experience can make good tattoo artists, I think. (Two cents'.)

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
First of all, I know nothing about your uncle.
Second, I have never read, and do not own, a Scofield BIble.
Third, you asked
Fourth, I gave you a biblical answer to that question:
Fifth, I am not a dispensationalist and I know nothing about readers of the Scofield Bible. Did you expect me to be clairvoyant?
????

My post to which this is a response, was a response to your earlier post about supposed unbelievers. Or what I took to mean your reference as such.

My reference to Uncle CI was an affectionate term denoting CI Scofield, the author of the dispensational notes to the Bible edition named for him.

Hebrews 7.12 and Hebrews 7.19 suggest to me that I am not under the law after all.

Upvote 0