Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi all,
I have 10 tattoos spread out all over my body. I got my first one back in 1977. .. My wife got here first tattoo this year. .. She is talking about getting another.
It's not just the youngsters that do it; it's done by people of all ages and both genders. A lot of Christians find that faith based ones are useful in witness situations.

Upvote 0

SaintJoeNow

Mar 4, 2015
USA
✟3,191.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
When I got my tattoo 35 years ago, everybody understood what it meant. It meant that I do not hold my body to be sacred and I think I am better than my body so I will use my body as a billboard to tell everybody I don't care much about my body......made that decision like a fool, sat there and winced and acted strong, tough, cool, and proud.....and then got drunk to further celebrate my feeling of being better than my body.

It's unnatural, it's demon inspired, and the Bible clearly speaks against it.

Upvote 0

mafwons

Hi guys
Feb 16, 2014
✟11,177.00
Faith
Non-Denom
What about someone who gets a tattoo that speaks of the Gospel and it's used in evangelism? if the result is that the Lord is glorified, how can it be from a demon? as 1 Corinthians 10 says.

One cannot glorify the Lord in a way he finds unacceptable no matter how it is framed.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
One cannot glorify the Lord in a way he finds unacceptable no matter how it is framed.
My wife and I talked to a young lady with the whole of John 3.16 inked on her wrist area; it was her favorite verse and mine; and I'm sure there have been other conversations resulting also. It's hard to claim that there has been no blessing as a result of His Word thus testified.

Upvote 0

mafwons

Hi guys
Feb 16, 2014
✟11,177.00
Faith
Non-Denom
My wife and I talked to a young lady with the whole of John 3.16 inked on her wrist area; it was her favorite verse and mine; and I'm sure there have been other conversations resulting also. It's hard to claim that there has been no blessing as a result of His Word thus testified.

It's very easy to claim and astoundinly easy to back up, it is fact.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I already have 2 and have used them to witness to others frequently, in fact my choir friends and I went to get our first tats together and ended up inviting our artist to church.
You've had it done and it's not an unusual way to witness.

Upvote 0

BrokenGhost

Gospel Centered
Jun 16, 2006
Maryville, TN
Visit site
✟9,595.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
When I got my tattoo 35 years ago, everybody understood what it meant. It meant that I do not hold my body to be sacred and I think I am better than my body so I will use my body as a billboard to tell everybody I don't care much about my body......made that decision like a fool, sat there and winced and acted strong, tough, cool, and proud.....and then got drunk to further celebrate my feeling of being better than my body.

It's unnatural, it's demon inspired, and the Bible clearly speaks against it.

I challenge you to show scriptural proof of tattoo's being demon inspired.

So then any time there is pork served at a church event, the Lord just turns from the event and those attending?

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I have friends who are running an alcoholics' ministry, and the hubby & wife are both the most tatted, pierced things you've ever seen. The wife is constantly getting new ones..
Nah, a lack of tats are a bad indicator of spirituality.
I tend to agree.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SaintJoeNow

Mar 4, 2015
USA
✟3,191.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single

It's still wrong to get a tattoo. God also glorified Himself through Pharoh, but that does not mean it's good to be a Pharoh

Upvote 0

SaintJoeNow

Mar 4, 2015
USA
✟3,191.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
It's rebellion against the Word of God to get a tattoo. Nobody who teaches getting a tattoo is going to be a teacher over me. You can have them if you want them, they will tickle your ears.

The Bible is clear, we are not supposed to put any mark on our body. Arguing in support of doing it or to make excuses for doing it is rebellion against God if you admit it or not. Pain is the natural warning against it, the Word of God is His written warning against it.

As I said before, when I got my tattoo, a cross, which could make a fine witnessing tool, it was all about showing how tough I am, and how I am stronger and better than my body. It's desecration of the temple God gave me, in which He now dwells. It's ungodly, unholy, rebellious, and there is no justification for any child of God to do it. In reality, there is no justification for anybody to hurt themselves with needles, risking deformity and damages. Common sense is against it. Tattoos are not cool, they are hot pride rebellion against God.
Take it however you like.

Upvote 0

SaintJoeNow

Mar 4, 2015
USA
✟3,191.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
If you say so.

It's rebellion against God. All rebellion is demon inspired, Adam and Eve fell into it as they were inspired and led by the prince of demons to do it.

Just put two and two together. You can say you are getting tattoos on your own decision and choice, but that decision and choice is rebellion started by the devil and his angels and it is a demon inspired choice.

It's pride. Plain simple pride standing up against God. You can try to tell the world you are doing it for God, but when His Word clearly says don't do it, I am not going to believe you are doing it for God and you can't convince me God is going to buy your argument and approve of you taking a mark on your body after He said not to do it.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
SaintJoeNow: My wife and I talked to a young lady with the whole of John 3.16 inked on her wrist area; it was her favorite verse and mine. I'm sure it has also led to other conversations. It's hard to say that no blessing has resulted through the Word being thus displayed and talked about.

Upvote 0

BrokenGhost

Gospel Centered
Jun 16, 2006
Maryville, TN
Visit site
✟9,595.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It's rebellion against God. All rebellion is demon inspired, Adam and Eve fell into it as they were inspired and led by the prince of demons to do it.

Just put two and two together. You can say you are getting tattoos on your own decision and choice, but that decision and choice is rebellion started by the devil and his angels and it is a demon inspired choice.

It's pride. Plain simple pride standing up against God. You can try to tell the world you are doing it for God, but when His Word clearly says don't do it, I am not going to believe you are doing it for God and you can't convince me God is going to buy your argument and approve of you taking a mark on your body after He said not to do it.

First off, once again, you are spouting off with ZERO scriptural proof. You were asked to show it previously, and still have not.

Secondly, the only place in scripture which actually speaks to tattoo's is one verse in Leviticus. In this same section is a proscription against mixing linen and wool, and eating fruit from the first 3 years of a tree. Are you going to try and tell us those rules are still in effect as well? If you do, you are flat out wrong, as Paul spoke specifically on these things:
Galatians 3:21-26 said:
Is the law then contrary to the promises of God? Certainly not! For if a law had been given that could give life, then righteousness would indeed be by the law. But the Scripture imprisoned everything under sin, so that the promise by faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe. Now before faith came, we were held captive under the law, imprisoned until the coming faith would be revealed. So then, the law was our guardian until Christ came, in order that we might be justified by faith. But now that faith has come, we are no longer under a guardian, for in Christ Jesus you are all sons of God, through faith.

1 Timothy 1:8-11 said:
Now we know that the law is good, if one uses it lawfully, understanding this, that the law is not laid down for the just but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who strike their fathers and mothers, for murderers, the sexually immoral, men who practice homosexuality, enslavers, liars, perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound doctrine, in accordance with the gospel of the glory of the blessed God with which I have been entrusted.

If you feel that for you it is rebellion against God, and causes you to stumble, then by all means refrain as you should. But for you to try and teach that it is demon inspired and such, you do nothing but directly contradict scripture.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟377,931.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I don't agree with tattoos. I still believe that the Tanakh (Old Testament) laws around getting marks on your body are still relevant. It should not be done.
For Jews, yes. For Gentiles, it never applied.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
For Jews, yes. For Gentiles, it never applied.
Doesn't Peter's vision in Acts not apply to Jewish believers in the Lord Jesus? what I mean is, either a believer is under the law or is not. Hebrews 7.12 says that the law was changed. Hebrews 7.19 says that what we have now is better than the law.

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟377,931.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Doesn't Peter's vision in Acts not apply to Jewish believers in the Lord Jesus? what I mean is, either a believer is under the law or is not. Hebrews 7.12 says that the law was changed. Hebrews 7.19 says that what we have now is better than the law.

Peter's vision in Acts meant that God had made the Gentiles clean. And that he as a Jew was not to regard people God made clean as unclean. Hence, Peter was to go to Cornelius's house and preach. As far as I am aware, and I have studied that passage, it wasn't talking about Jews at all.

Hebrews 7 wasn't talking about legalizing things previously made illegal to Jews so much as it was talking about which sacrifice was now pleasing to God. Under the OT law, you don't have a person bear the sins of the nation, you have a goat do that. But Hebrews is a treatise on why Christ's sacrifice is the one that counted, and that the OT law pointed to it. It doesn't say things like "Jews can have tattoos, wear clothes of wool and linen woven together, or cook a young goat in its mother’s milk."

There were believers who were under the law (the Apostles, for example), and there were believers who were not under the law (Gentile converts). Paul addressed this.

Last edited:
Upvote 0