Are the SSPX Now in Full Communion with the Holy See?

Stabat Mater dolorosa

Jesus Christ today, yesterday and forever!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Somewhere up North
✟294,001.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single
I would give that to the FSSP before SSPX. There are issues outside of Theology with the SSPX and a few within it that can be an issue.

Its not perfect by any means which is why I'm not with them in schism so to speak.
The antisemitism found in parts of the society is nothing short of disgusting for example.

Reactions: Open Heart
Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,237,333.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Its not perfect by any means which is why I'm not with them in schism so to speak.
The antisemitism found in parts of the society is nothing short of disgusting for example.
Which might be why certain members of SSPX, like Bishop Williamson the holocaust denier, also reject Nostra Aetate. Most of the document is about treating the Jewish people with respect. But hey, the SSPX, in a moment of sanity finally ousted Williamson as too rabid for them.

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
Nostra Aetate was a watershed for the Church's stand on the People of Israel (The Jews). It completely disavowed all the 2000 years of anti-Semitism by Catholics and essentially made anti-Semitism a sin. The ramifications of Nostra-Aetate on Catholic doctrine are still unfolding, but the main thing is that we now see Jesus as a Jew who practiced Judaism. Christ established the Christian Church, which was, at the beginning, a Jewish sect. All the first Christians were Jews who continued to practice Judaism. Thus the Church now sees Jews as our "elder brothers" and Catholicism as the continuance of Judaism. In addition, we see that the People of Israel continue to play a distinct role destined for them by God, that they are not a thing of the past. All I have to say is, IT'S ABOUT TIME!

The thing about SSPX is it's tolerance of anti-Semitism. It's not that all in SSPX are anti-Semites, so much as that Catholics who are anti-Semites find a safe haven in SSPX, where they can go on believing that the Jews are a cursed people, and that Jews as a people are jointly responsible for the murder of God, etc.

Last edited:
Upvote 0