Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You must judge each on their own merits.

"All things are lawful for me,
but not all things are helpful;​
all things are lawful for me,
but not all things edify." 1 Corinthians 10:23 NKJV​

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,575.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
good for the Christian gamer?
It would be easier to discuss this if you asked for specific game, and defined what would be good for christian gamers in your opinion.

Upvote 0

Paulos23

Never tell me the odds!
Mar 23, 2005
Washington State
✟311,671.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It would be easier to discuss this if you asked for specific game, and defined what would be good for christian gamers in your opinion.
This. There are so many games.

As far as types of games as wholes, there are some resource management games that would be fine, social games, walking simulators that tell a story.

It really depends on what you think is 'good' for Christians.

Upvote 0

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟270,357.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
i think all games are fine if age-appropriate. One thing I WOULD suggest and recommend is don't shield your kids entirely from games, but if there are games you have issues with what they might teach or discuss, talk with your kids and tell them your feelings.

Take Grand theft auto or other games, kids can play those games and have no issue, because they know fantasy from reality and make believe. But if you just entirely refuse to let your kids play them, and don't teach them anything, they might go to their friends house and play them. The more you shelter your kids the more harm it does when they leave the shelter.

Upvote 0

Ignatius the Kiwi

Dissident
Mar 2, 2013
✟290,868.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
There are better things Christians could be using their time for and you have to be on your toes when it comes to the message of narrative based video games. So many of which deliberately undermine a Christian worldview through their story. Games like Assassins Creed and other popular AAA games aren't worth playing all that much in my opinion and they only reflect the common secular liberal culture that is currently dominant.

I can't remember the last game that really impressed me with it's narrative offering. GHost of Tsushima was fun but disappointing in that It didn't offer an honourable route to go down.

Since I play video games I won't judge, but I won't pretend that playing them is an especially Christian thing to do. They are a means of entertainment and like any source of entertainment they should be consumed responsibly and preferably in a limited fashion.

Upvote 0