• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

are the popular videogames

Discussion in 'Ethics & Morality' started by lambofgod43985889, Mar 7, 2021.

1. lambofgod43985889

lambofgod43985889 Well-Known Member Supporter

+364
    Chile
    Protestant
    Private
    good for the Christian gamer?

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Sabertooth

Sabertooth Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints! Supporter

+4,676
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
    You must judge each on their own merits.

"All things are lawful for me,
    but not all things are helpful;​
    all things are lawful for me,
    but not all things edify." 1 Corinthians 10:23 NKJV​

3. Nithavela

Nithavela Touch Fluffy Tail

+14,163
    Germany
    Other Religion
    Single
    It would be easier to discuss this if you asked for specific game, and defined what would be good for christian gamers in your opinion.

4. Paulos23

Paulos23 Never tell me the odds!

+3,311
    United States
    Atheist
    Married
    US-Others
    This. There are so many games.

As far as types of games as wholes, there are some resource management games that would be fine, social games, walking simulators that tell a story.

It really depends on what you think is 'good' for Christians.

5. loveofourlord

loveofourlord Newbie

+3,281
    Christian
    Private
    i think all games are fine if age-appropriate. One thing I WOULD suggest and recommend is don't shield your kids entirely from games, but if there are games you have issues with what they might teach or discuss, talk with your kids and tell them your feelings.

Take Grand theft auto or other games, kids can play those games and have no issue, because they know fantasy from reality and make believe. But if you just entirely refuse to let your kids play them, and don't teach them anything, they might go to their friends house and play them. The more you shelter your kids the more harm it does when they leave the shelter.

6. Ignatius the Kiwi

Ignatius the Kiwi Newbie

+2,266
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    There are better things Christians could be using their time for and you have to be on your toes when it comes to the message of narrative based video games. So many of which deliberately undermine a Christian worldview through their story. Games like Assassins Creed and other popular AAA games aren't worth playing all that much in my opinion and they only reflect the common secular liberal culture that is currently dominant.

I can't remember the last game that really impressed me with it's narrative offering. GHost of Tsushima was fun but disappointing in that It didn't offer an honourable route to go down.

Since I play video games I won't judge, but I won't pretend that playing them is an especially Christian thing to do. They are a means of entertainment and like any source of entertainment they should be consumed responsibly and preferably in a limited fashion.