Are the Evangelical Pulpits About to Praise Islam?

Status
Not open for further replies.

salida

Veteran
Jun 14, 2006
✟6,243.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
This I believe is just the beginning. Notice the world is developing its one world economics, politics and now its going to be religion. Why? It will make us all one they claim - they want a heaven on earth- a false peace from man. With fallen man it will never be heaven. Note: You will have to scroll down to the article when on this website.

http://www.olivetreeviews.org/articles/Breaking_News.shtml#newsitemEkEZAFVuZEJpbdlKkc

This is bible prophesy folks- interfaithism.

(I wasn't sure where to place this article-I was thinking in the current news area or politics).

broken_one

Fear is but something to be overcome.
Jun 5, 2008
✟22,438.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
"Are the Evangelical Pulpits About to Praise Islam?"

I could believe it. Between the choice of liberal Christianity and Sharia, they undoubtedly would pick the latter.

At least then their society would be they want it, strict and extremely conservative.

Upvote 0

wanderingone

I'm not lost I'm just wandering
Jul 6, 2005
New York
✟30,779.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Why do these "articles" that whine about various conferences and groups never provide any links to information about the things they complain about?

In any case many many churches participate in ecumenical committees in their communities as a means to avoid conflict. I'm not sure why this type of thing is so threatening, and for those who believe in some sort of ecumenical world church takeover as a precursor to the 2nd coming it should be welcomed.

Upvote 0

Robbie_James_Francis

May all beings have happiness and its causes
Apr 12, 2005
England, UK
✟20,261.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
A more important question--are the Christians who use end-times madness to encourage discord, division, ignorance and hatred any better than the jihadists who demand that the non-Muslim 'House of War' be forcibly subjugated by the Muslim 'House of Peace'?

Reactions: wanderingone
Upvote 0

katautumn

Prodigal Daughter
May 14, 2015
Atlanta, GA
✟24,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I've noticed that this topic is discussed ad nauseum over at a certain doomsday obsession message forum. I have a theory.

Most of the people who believe they will be raptured in their lifetime are incredibly, incredibly conservative in their Christianity. They are Bible literalists, live a very legalistic life, believe that the end is so close that there is no need to think about the future, etc. As much as I hate to say this, because I don't like painting with a broad brush, many uber-conservative Christians tend to be incredibly discriminatory in their behavior. They don't like people outside of their chosen denomination. They don't care to interact with followers of a different denomination (or religion outside of Christianity). They prefer to stick with their own kind and wallow in a state of self-pity and borderline hatred for anyone with a differing view of life. They need that sense of camaraderie because their beliefs and actions are skewed so far to the extreme end of fundamentalism and Bible literalism that they find it difficult to fit in even among other Christians.

Anyway, to get to my point here. The fear of interfaithism, the emerging church, social tolerance, etc. stems from the fear of looking bad in front of others. What happens when the majority of Christians begin to open their minds and their hearts to others, instead of keeping Christianity an exclusive club? It magnifies their intolerance and loathing of others, which makes them look like the bad guys and they are so weak in their faith that other people's perception and support of them is paramount even if they won't admit it. They want to be able to sit in the seat of judgment, but they don't want to be judged.

Upvote 0

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟320,844.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I agree with you in a broad brush sense. But disagree on some details. They are not waht I would consider conservative Christians. Now legalistic yes, at teh very least bordering on justification by keeping the Law. Keeping the letter of the Law while forgetting the spirit entirely. (Didn't some Jew say something about this a couple of millenia ago?)

YES I agree strongly, weak in their Faith, in exactly the way Paul talked about!

I wish there was an accepted term for what they do to Scripture. It is not just literalism. They pick and choose. They hang on some words and ignore adverbs, adjectives and context when it suits them. They take parts of Revelation (and likely add an 's') while ignoring it was a dream and past instances of that in Scripture indicate parts are symbolic. (There never were 7 actual cows, thin or fat, just the rich and lean years they represented). They limit or expand the scope of scripture at their wim.

But then again it would seem there have always been groups like this, clearly htere were during the time of Jesus. But I will echo something much older.... There is nothing new under the sun!

I've noticed that this topic is discussed ad nauseum over at a certain doomsday obsession message forum. I have a theory.

Most of the people who believe they will be raptured in their lifetime are incredibly, incredibly conservative in their Christianity. They are Bible literalists, live a very legalistic life, believe that the end is so close that there is no need to think about the future, etc. As much as I hate to say this, because I don't like painting with a broad brush, many uber-conservative Christians tend to be incredibly discriminatory in their behavior. They don't like people outside of their chosen denomination. They don't care to interact with followers of a different denomination (or religion outside of Christianity). They prefer to stick with their own kind and wallow in a state of self-pity and borderline hatred for anyone with a differing view of life. They need that sense of camaraderie because their beliefs and actions are skewed so far to the extreme end of fundamentalism and Bible literalism that they find it difficult to fit in even among other Christians.

Anyway, to get to my point here. The fear of interfaithism, the emerging church, social tolerance, etc. stems from the fear of looking bad in front of others. What happens when the majority of Christians begin to open their minds and their hearts to others, instead of keeping Christianity an exclusive club? It magnifies their intolerance and loathing of others, which makes them look like the bad guys and they are so weak in their faith that other people's perception and support of them is paramount even if they won't admit it. They want to be able to sit in the seat of judgment, but they don't want to be judged.

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟904,976.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
This I believe is just the beginning. Notice the world is developing its one world economics, politics and now its going to be religion. Why? It will make us all one they claim - they want a heaven on earth- a false peace from man. With fallen man it will never be heaven. Note: You will have to scroll down to the article when on this website.

http://www.olivetreeviews.org/articles/Breaking_News.shtml#newsitemEkEZAFVuZEJpbdlKkc

(I wasn't sure where to place this article-I was thinking in the current news area or politics).

You scare me.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jcook922

Defender of Liberty, against the Left or Right.
Aug 5, 2008
United States
✟9,746.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Libertarian

I don't see what's wrong with letting people decide for themselves. If they want to believe that, it's a right as a human being for them to believe so.

Upvote 0

katautumn

Prodigal Daughter
May 14, 2015
Atlanta, GA
✟24,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I agree with you in a broad brush sense. But disagree on some details. They are not waht I would consider conservative Christians. Now legalistic yes, at teh very least bordering on justification by keeping the Law. Keeping the letter of the Law while forgetting the spirit entirely. (Didn't some Jew say something about this a couple of millenia ago?)

YES I agree strongly, weak in their Faith, in exactly the way Paul talked about!

I wish there was an accepted term for what they do to Scripture. It is not just literalism. They pick and choose. They hang on some words and ignore adverbs, adjectives and context when it suits them. They take parts of Revelation (and likely add an 's') while ignoring it was a dream and past instances of that in Scripture indicate parts are symbolic. (There never were 7 actual cows, thin or fat, just the rich and lean years they represented). They limit or expand the scope of scripture at their wim.

But then again it would seem there have always been groups like this, clearly htere were during the time of Jesus. But I will echo something much older.... There is nothing new under the sun!

I should probably clarify that I view them as extremely conservative in behavior, rather than theological views.

They are, most certainly, weak in their faith and tend to be rather weak in other areas of their life as well. It almost makes you feel sorry for them when their only hope in life is to be raptured. Either they're terrified of death or they see it as their "out". Suicide is not an option in most Christian doctrine, but from reading what these people post online you can tell they are miserable, miserable people. The one thing that keeps them going is their strong delusion that their God will vindicate them. How many times have they said, "they may poke fun at us now, but who will be laughing when we're taken up to the heavens right before their eyes? neener neener neener! We'll show them!" Their only hope is the ultimate justification of their beliefs. Not only do they need to it prove their faith, but also stick it to the people who disagreed with them, or possibly even ridiculed them.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.