Visit site
✟292,844.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Can we now get a prophecy on who here is correct on where we are In the prophecy timeline?
Our Future is Revealed to us:

It is obvious to anyone who looks at the situation in the Middle East, that there is nothing man can do that will resolve the critical issues there.

God will use people’s actions and His creation to achieve His purposes, as in the past, so according to Bible prophesy: at the point of attack by an Islamic confederation, onto Israel, God will intervene with an explosion of the suns surface, Isaiah 30:26, Psalms 50:1-3, Zephaniah 1:1-18, that will affect all the world, but in particular all the area of the holy Land. Deuteronomy 32:34-43

It is clear, from all the prophesied graphic descriptions: that this will be a terrible devastation by fire, earthquakes, storms and tsunamis and the result will virtually depopulate the entire Middle East. Ezekiel 30:2-5, Jeremiah 10:18

This event is the great and terrible Day of the Lords vengeance and wrath. Isaiah 63:1-6, Isaiah 66:15-16, Zephaniah 1: 14-18 & 3:8, Amos 1 & 2:1-5

Malachi 4:1 The Day comes, burning like a furnace. All evildoers will be as stubble.

Isaiah 66:15-16 The Lord coming in fire... many will be slain by Him.

Isaiah 9:18 The land is scorched by the Lord, the people are fuel for the fire.

Ezekiel 29:45-48, Hebrews 10:27, 2 Peter 3:7 It is also the Sixth Seal judgement as described in Revelation 6:12-17, Jeremiah 4:25-29, Isaiah 2:12-22

Many prophecies tell of the final judgement of Judah: Jeremiah 7:20 I will pour out My anger on Judah, man and beast, trees and crops, they will burn unquenched. Ezekiel 21:1-7, Isaiah 22:14

Psalms 83:1-18 describes very well how the State of Israel’s enemies plot against them, and what will happen to them. Micah 4:11-12 A remnant of Jewish believers will survive in Jerusalem. Isaiah 4:3, Isaiah 6:11-12, Isaiah 29:1-4, Zechariah 13:8-9

After that: Ezekiel 36:8 But you, Land of Israel, put forth your branches and yield fruit for My people, Righteous Israel, for their homecoming is near. Zechariah 8:11-13, Amos 9:13-15

All of the Lord’s people will be gathered into the holy Land. Isaiah 66:18-21, Ezekiel 34:11-31 The Lord will then judge His people and only the righteous Christian believers will settle in the Promised Land. Isaiah 35:1-10
They will establish the new nation of Beulah. Isaiah 62:1-5, Isaiah 66:7-14

Ezekiel 20:35-38 I shall make you pass under the rod of Judgement…..those who revolt and rebel will not enter the holy Land.

Isaiah 1:25-28.Once again, I shall act against you, to purge away all your impurities. Gods people, [the Christian Israel of God, Galatians 6:16], will settle and become prosperous in a blessed and fertile land. Isaiah 35:1-10, Ezekiel 34:11-31

Ezekiel 39:25-29 The Lord says; now I shall restore the fortunes of Jacob. [Who are now spiritual Israel, people qualified by Christian faith, not by ethnicity. Galatians 3:26-29]
They will forget their shame and unfaithfulness when they live once more safely in their inheritance. [Romans 8:14-17] When I gather them from all the lands, they will be an example to the nations of My Holiness. They will acknowledge Me as their God, when they all live in their heritage; the Promised Land. I will no longer hide Myself from them, I who have poured out My Spirit upon them.

After a few years, God will motivate the leader of a Northern alliance to prepare for war and attack Israel. God will destroy the entire army with fire, earthquakes and causing them to fight each other. Ezekiel 38 & 39, the Gog from Magog attack.

Joel 2:20 I shall remove the Northern peril far from you and banish them into the desert. Half of the army: by the Mediterranean and the other half by the Dead Sea.
The stench and foul smell from them will rise up. He has done great things!

This He will do in order to; Ezekiel 39:21-22 ... display My glory to the nations... From that day forward, the Israelites will know that I am the Lord their God

Note; that the Lord will make Himself known by His actions to His righteous people, and to the world, but not by His presence until His Return in glory at the commencement of His Millennial reign. After the armies of this Northern alliance are destroyed, the people of Beulah [Isaiah 62:1-5] will send out teams to collect the dead. They will be buried in the valley of Wadi al Mawjib, East of the Dead Sea. This will take seven months, then seven years is needed to finally clear up all the debris of the army. This tremendous defeat of a very large and well equipped army, will have dramatic repercussions. On top of the already huge disruptions caused by the previous worldwide devastation – food and oil shortages, economic crisis, refugee problems, etc. The world’s leaders will meet and the most logical way to address all the issues, is to form a One World government. Daniel 7:23-24, Rev 17:12-13. Initially ten rulers will share the authority, but after a short while, they will confer their power onto one man. The President of this World Alliance will be a charismatic and strong leader, he will quickly take dictatorial powers over it. Daniel 11:21

Meanwhile, in Jerusalem, construction of the Third Temple will be completed, Zech. 6:15, Revelation 11:1, and the Shekinah glory of God will enter it. Ezekiel 43:2

12,000 missionaries will be selected from each of the 12 divisions of Beulah and they will go out in pairs to every people group in the world to preach the gospel of Gods Kingdom to come. Isaiah 66:19, Revelation 7:3-8 As was done previously: Luke 10:1-10

Beulah will not join the One World government, but in order to maintain peaceful relations, Beulah will sign a seven year peace treaty with them. Daniel 9:27

After 3½ years, the world leader will be assassinated, but his body will be taken over by Satan. Revelation 13:3-4 He will come in force to Beulah, Zechariah 14:1-2, and establish worship of himself in the Temple. Matthew 24:15 So, when you see the ‘abomination of desolation’ standing in the Holy place as prophesied by Daniel 7:25…

He will defy the Most High and will persecute the holy people of God. They will be in his power for 3½ years. Rev 13:9-10, Zechariah 14:1-2

In Rev 12:6, it says that there will be a place of safety for some of Gods people, those who stood firm in their faith. Daniel 11:32b, Matthew 24:15-21.

During this last 3½ year period, the Great Tribulation of the Seven Trumpets and the Seven Bowls of God’s wrath poured upon the earth will cause terrible destruction and deaths to the ungodly peoples. Matthew 24:21-22, Revelation 16:11

It all culminates in the Battle of Armageddon – Revelation 16:16. That is when the Lord Jesus will return to the earth in His glory and destroys those armies in His mighty power. Rev. 19:15 & Zechariah 14:3-5. Lucifer (Satan) will be chained and imprisoned and Jesus will rule the world for 1000 years. Then, Satan will be released for a short time. He will seduce the nations and will muster them for war, a vast army from all around the world. They will lay siege to Gods City. Fire comes down from heaven and cremates them all. Satan is thrown into the lake of fire. Revelation 20:7-9. Then will come the Great White Throne judgement of all people and the angels. Revelation 20:11-14, Daniel 7:9-10

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟908,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
In Matthew Jesus was telling His disciples about the Second Coming, and how He will deal with His people the Nation of Israel.

Matt 24

14 This gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all the nations, and then the end will come.

...22 And if those days had not been cut short, no life would have been saved; but for the sake of the elect those days will be cut short. 23 Then if anyone says to you, ‘Behold, here is the Christ,’ or ‘He is over here,’ do not believe him. 24 For false christs and false prophets will arise and will provide great signs and wonders, so as to mislead, if possible, even the elect. 25 Behold, I have told you in advance. 26 So if they say to you, ‘Behold, He is in the wilderness,’ do not go out; or, ‘Behold, He is in the inner rooms,’ do not believe them. 27 For just as the lightning comes from the east and flashes as far as the west, so will the coming of the Son of Man be. 28 Wherever the corpse is, there the vultures will gather.

29 “But immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light, and the stars will fall from the sky, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. 30 And then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of the sky with power and great glory. 31 And He will send forth His angels with a great trumpet blast, and they will gather together His elect from the four winds, from one end of the sky to the other.

Nothing in that chapter about "just the nation of Israel".

I
2 Thessalonians 2 is not about the Nation of Israel.

2 Thess 2
2 that you not be quickly shaken from your composure or be disturbed either by a spirit, or a message, or a letter as if from us, to the effect that the day of the Lord has come. 3 No one is to deceive you in any way! For it will not come unless the apostasy comes first, and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the son of destruction, 4 who opposes and exalts himself above every so-called god or object of worship, so that he takes his seat in the temple of God, displaying himself as being God. 5 Do you not remember that while I was still with you, I was telling you these things? 6 And you know what restrains him now, so that he will be revealed in his time. 7 For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only He who now restrains will do so until He is removed. 8 Then that lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord will eliminate with the breath of His mouth and bring to an end by the appearance of His coming; 9 that is, the one whose coming is in accord with the activity of Satan, with all power and false signs and wonders, 10 and with all the deception of wickedness for those who perish, because they did not accept the love of the truth so as to be saved. 11 For this reason God will send upon them a deluding influence so that they will believe what is false, 12 in order that they all may be judged who did not believe the truth, but took pleasure in wickedness.

Upvote 0

CaspianSails

Jan 30, 2019
Washington DC metro area
✟27,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Prophecy is being fulfilled as we move through the end times. I don't know how it could be any other way. We are prone to overstate what is happening or attribute events to prophecy that may or may not be related. The truth is prophecy is an unfolding of Gods plan to a certain end. Even if events are not direct prophetic occurrences they are events that must happen for prophecy to be fulfilled. For instances Rome must have risen before Christ would be born on this earth. Rome must then have fallen in order to be resurrected in another civilization, aka the one we live in today. So the short answer is yes, the long and complicated answer is although it may be related to what needs to occur it may not be the exact fulfillment of a particular prophecy to fruition. I think that is what you are asking. If you are asking do people today speak new prophetic words, well only time will bear that out.

Reactions: mlepfitjw
Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Our Future is Revealed to us:

It is obvious to anyone who looks at the situation in the Middle East, that there is nothing man can do that will resolve the critical issues there.

God will use people’s actions and His creation to achieve His purposes, as in the past, so according to Bible prophesy: at the point of attack by an Islamic confederation, onto Israel, God will intervene with an explosion of the suns surface, Isaiah 30:26, Psalms 50:1-3, Zephaniah 1:1-18, that will affect all the world, but in particular all the area of the holy Land. Deuteronomy 32:34-43

It is clear, from all the prophesied graphic descriptions: that this will be a terrible devastation by fire, earthquakes, storms and tsunamis and the result will virtually depopulate the entire Middle East. Ezekiel 30:2-5, Jeremiah 10:18

This event is the great and terrible Day of the Lords vengeance and wrath. Isaiah 63:1-6, Isaiah 66:15-16, Zephaniah 1: 14-18 & 3:8, Amos 1 & 2:1-5

Malachi 4:1 The Day comes, burning like a furnace. All evildoers will be as stubble.

Isaiah 66:15-16 The Lord coming in fire... many will be slain by Him.

Isaiah 9:18 The land is scorched by the Lord, the people are fuel for the fire.

Ezekiel 29:45-48, Hebrews 10:27, 2 Peter 3:7 It is also the Sixth Seal judgement as described in Revelation 6:12-17, Jeremiah 4:25-29, Isaiah 2:12-22

Many prophecies tell of the final judgement of Judah: Jeremiah 7:20 I will pour out My anger on Judah, man and beast, trees and crops, they will burn unquenched. Ezekiel 21:1-7, Isaiah 22:14

Psalms 83:1-18 describes very well how the State of Israel’s enemies plot against them, and what will happen to them. Micah 4:11-12 A remnant of Jewish believers will survive in Jerusalem. Isaiah 4:3, Isaiah 6:11-12, Isaiah 29:1-4, Zechariah 13:8-9

After that: Ezekiel 36:8 But you, Land of Israel, put forth your branches and yield fruit for My people, Righteous Israel, for their homecoming is near. Zechariah 8:11-13, Amos 9:13-15

All of the Lord’s people will be gathered into the holy Land. Isaiah 66:18-21, Ezekiel 34:11-31 The Lord will then judge His people and only the righteous Christian believers will settle in the Promised Land. Isaiah 35:1-10
They will establish the new nation of Beulah. Isaiah 62:1-5, Isaiah 66:7-14

Ezekiel 20:35-38 I shall make you pass under the rod of Judgement…..those who revolt and rebel will not enter the holy Land.

Isaiah 1:25-28.Once again, I shall act against you, to purge away all your impurities. Gods people, [the Christian Israel of God, Galatians 6:16], will settle and become prosperous in a blessed and fertile land. Isaiah 35:1-10, Ezekiel 34:11-31

Ezekiel 39:25-29 The Lord says; now I shall restore the fortunes of Jacob. [Who are now spiritual Israel, people qualified by Christian faith, not by ethnicity. Galatians 3:26-29]
They will forget their shame and unfaithfulness when they live once more safely in their inheritance. [Romans 8:14-17] When I gather them from all the lands, they will be an example to the nations of My Holiness. They will acknowledge Me as their God, when they all live in their heritage; the Promised Land. I will no longer hide Myself from them, I who have poured out My Spirit upon them.

After a few years, God will motivate the leader of a Northern alliance to prepare for war and attack Israel. God will destroy the entire army with fire, earthquakes and causing them to fight each other. Ezekiel 38 & 39, the Gog from Magog attack.

Joel 2:20 I shall remove the Northern peril far from you and banish them into the desert. Half of the army: by the Mediterranean and the other half by the Dead Sea.
The stench and foul smell from them will rise up. He has done great things!

This He will do in order to; Ezekiel 39:21-22 ... display My glory to the nations... From that day forward, the Israelites will know that I am the Lord their God

Note; that the Lord will make Himself known by His actions to His righteous people, and to the world, but not by His presence until His Return in glory at the commencement of His Millennial reign. After the armies of this Northern alliance are destroyed, the people of Beulah [Isaiah 62:1-5] will send out teams to collect the dead. They will be buried in the valley of Wadi al Mawjib, East of the Dead Sea. This will take seven months, then seven years is needed to finally clear up all the debris of the army. This tremendous defeat of a very large and well equipped army, will have dramatic repercussions. On top of the already huge disruptions caused by the previous worldwide devastation – food and oil shortages, economic crisis, refugee problems, etc. The world’s leaders will meet and the most logical way to address all the issues, is to form a One World government. Daniel 7:23-24, Rev 17:12-13. Initially ten rulers will share the authority, but after a short while, they will confer their power onto one man. The President of this World Alliance will be a charismatic and strong leader, he will quickly take dictatorial powers over it. Daniel 11:21

Meanwhile, in Jerusalem, construction of the Third Temple will be completed, Zech. 6:15, Revelation 11:1, and the Shekinah glory of God will enter it. Ezekiel 43:2

12,000 missionaries will be selected from each of the 12 divisions of Beulah and they will go out in pairs to every people group in the world to preach the gospel of Gods Kingdom to come. Isaiah 66:19, Revelation 7:3-8 As was done previously: Luke 10:1-10

Beulah will not join the One World government, but in order to maintain peaceful relations, Beulah will sign a seven year peace treaty with them. Daniel 9:27

After 3½ years, the world leader will be assassinated, but his body will be taken over by Satan. Revelation 13:3-4 He will come in force to Beulah, Zechariah 14:1-2, and establish worship of himself in the Temple. Matthew 24:15 So, when you see the ‘abomination of desolation’ standing in the Holy place as prophesied by Daniel 7:25…

He will defy the Most High and will persecute the holy people of God. They will be in his power for 3½ years. Rev 13:9-10, Zechariah 14:1-2

In Rev 12:6, it says that there will be a place of safety for some of Gods people, those who stood firm in their faith. Daniel 11:32b, Matthew 24:15-21.

During this last 3½ year period, the Great Tribulation of the Seven Trumpets and the Seven Bowls of God’s wrath poured upon the earth will cause terrible destruction and deaths to the ungodly peoples. Matthew 24:21-22, Revelation 16:11

It all culminates in the Battle of Armageddon – Revelation 16:16. That is when the Lord Jesus will return to the earth in His glory and destroys those armies in His mighty power. Rev. 19:15 & Zechariah 14:3-5. Lucifer (Satan) will be chained and imprisoned and Jesus will rule the world for 1000 years. Then, Satan will be released for a short time. He will seduce the nations and will muster them for war, a vast army from all around the world. They will lay siege to Gods City. Fire comes down from heaven and cremates them all. Satan is thrown into the lake of fire. Revelation 20:7-9. Then will come the Great White Throne judgement of all people and the angels. Revelation 20:11-14, Daniel 7:9-10

Thank you. I only skimmed it but will read it more thoroughly later.

Upvote 0

Timtofly

Jun 29, 2020
Mount Morris
✟124,857.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Matt 24

14 This gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all the nations, and then the end will come.

...22 And if those days had not been cut short, no life would have been saved; but for the sake of the elect those days will be cut short. 23 Then if anyone says to you, ‘Behold, here is the Christ,’ or ‘He is over here,’ do not believe him. 24 For false christs and false prophets will arise and will provide great signs and wonders, so as to mislead, if possible, even the elect. 25 Behold, I have told you in advance. 26 So if they say to you, ‘Behold, He is in the wilderness,’ do not go out; or, ‘Behold, He is in the inner rooms,’ do not believe them. 27 For just as the lightning comes from the east and flashes as far as the west, so will the coming of the Son of Man be. 28 Wherever the corpse is, there the vultures will gather.

29 “But immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light, and the stars will fall from the sky, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. 30 And then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of the sky with power and great glory. 31 And He will send forth His angels with a great trumpet blast, and they will gather together His elect from the four winds, from one end of the sky to the other.

Nothing in that chapter about "just the nation of Israel".

That is because working with just the Nation of Israel is after the Second Coming in the 6th Seal. Your verses are about the church up until:

29 “But immediately following the trouble of those times,

the sun will grow dark,
the moon will stop shining,
the stars will fall from the sky,
and the powers in heaven will be shaken.

30 “Then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, all the tribes of the Land will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with tremendous power and glory.
31 He will send out his angels with a great shofar; and they will gather together his chosen people from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

Living Israel is not in heaven. That would be the living church. The Second Coming is the gathering of the church. The 6 Trumpets of Revelation is the separation of the sheep from the goats. Matthew 25:31

The church were the ambassadors on earth for the last 1990 years. At the Second Coming the church is complete and finished. Then the Lamb works with National Israel.

2 Thess 2
2 that you not be quickly shaken from your composure or be disturbed either by a spirit, or a message, or a letter as if from us, to the effect that the day of the Lord has come. 3 No one is to deceive you in any way! For it will not come unless the apostasy comes first, and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the son of destruction, 4 who opposes and exalts himself above every so-called god or object of worship, so that he takes his seat in the temple of God, displaying himself as being God. 5 Do you not remember that while I was still with you, I was telling you these things? 6 And you know what restrains him now, so that he will be revealed in his time. 7 For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only He who now restrains will do so until He is removed. 8 Then that lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord will eliminate with the breath of His mouth and bring to an end by the appearance of His coming; 9 that is, the one whose coming is in accord with the activity of Satan, with all power and false signs and wonders, 10 and with all the deception of wickedness for those who perish, because they did not accept the love of the truth so as to be saved. 11 For this reason God will send upon them a deluding influence so that they will believe what is false, 12 in order that they all may be judged who did not believe the truth, but took pleasure in wickedness.
Satan and the FP will be exposed at the Second Coming.

Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟292,844.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Then the Lamb works with National Israel.
When the Lord sends His fiery wrath, National Israel; the Jewish State of Israel, will be no more. Only a remnant will survive, hiding underground. Isaiah 29:1-4. Isaiah 6:11-13, Romans 9:27, +

Upvote 0

Zao is life

Site Supporter
Apr 18, 2020
Africa
Visit site
✟183,148.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Are some prophecies happening today?

Can you, please listen to me for a moment?

From my own studies, and just trusting in faith in God. I just believe that last chapter of Revelation, has all people resurrected from the dead and all people who were going towards the light and faith in a loving and non-hating God. So that I am thankful for.

Though believing all prophecies to me have been fulfilled,
How about your do you believe that?
What type of beliefs do you believe that are still to be fuilled?

Please feel free to express your beliefs, already remember we are called to have freedom, freedom in Christ Jesus.

May the grace of God be with you alongside the joy, gentleness, love, mercy, forgiveness , forbearance, and spirt of the Lord Jesus Christ be with you all, !.
This prophecy is happening today:

And this gospel of the kingdom shall be proclaimed in all the world as a witness to all nations. And then the end shall come. Mat 24:14

Upvote 0

Christian Gedge

Nov 29, 2017
Waikato
Visit site
✟227,210.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How different and interesting on the way things are looked at. Thank you so much for sharing.

How interesting on some of the views that are out here, that are held to your beliefs. They are interesting to me and thank you for sharing.

Interesting, eleos. I believe there will always have to be something that is opposition that will try to hold people back sometimes. It can feel like chaos going on for sure, the thing I am reminded of by what you have mentioned is about,

How Jesus calm the seas of the water, after being woke up by the disciples.

Dtaylor, why is it you say Israel 1948 for? Just curious to know never heard of it before.

You know kenny, I am not sure.
You’ll get dozens of different views here. Make sure you’ve got your helmet on and a large pot of coffee. :sorry:

Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟797,354.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This prophecy is happening today:
And this gospel of the kingdom shall be proclaimed in all the world as a witness to all nations. And then the end shall come. Mat 24:14

If we are to believe scripture, According to the Apostle Paul, writing under the infallible inspiration of the Holy Spirit, The Gospel was preached to the whole world by the Late 60's AD:

Colossians 1:5-6 because of the hope which is laid up for you in heaven, of which you heard before in the word of the truth of the gospel, 6 which has come to you, as it has also in all the world, and is bringing forth fruit, as it is also among you since the day you heard and knew the grace of God in truth;

Colossians 1:23
if indeed you continue in the faith, grounded and steadfast, and are not moved away from the hope of the gospel which you heard, which was preached to every creature under heaven, of which I, Paul, became a minister.

Romans 1:8 First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for you all, that your faith is spoken of throughout the whole world.

Romans 16:25-26 Now to Him who is able to establish you according to my gospel and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery kept secret since the world began 26 but now has been made manifest, and by the prophetic Scriptures has been made known to all nations, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, for obedience to the faith;

Now, either you are correct, or Paul is correct.

Any guesses on which one of you my money is on?

Upvote 0

Christian Gedge

Nov 29, 2017
Waikato
Visit site
✟227,210.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Your verses highlight a phenomena that we call ‘near-far’ fulfilment of prophecy. I won’t bore you with examples that exist in scripture except to say that there are many.

In this case the gospel did indeed go to the known world in record time – a testimony to the extraordinary missionary effort of the early church. However we need not say the obvious concerning the other side of the globe such as China, the American continent, or the Pacific Islands.

The ‘far’ fulfilment refers to a final great move of God around the
globe and that is how we should understand this scripture.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Berean Tim
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟797,354.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Your verses highlight a phenomena that we call ‘near-far’ fulfilment of prophecy. I won’t bore you with examples that exist in scripture except to say that there are many.

In this case the gospel did indeed go to the known world in record time – a testimony to the extraordinary missionary effort of the early church. However we need not say the obvious concerning the other side of the globe such as China, the American continent, or the Pacific Islands.

The ‘far’ fulfilment refers to a final great move of God around the
globe and that is how we should understand this scripture.

What did that “near fulfillment” accomplish?

In what way was it a fulfillment of anything? and why would the apostle go through such great pains to mention to his flocks, over and over, multiple times, again and again and again, that it had been FULL-filled?

What were they supposed to think? That it was only a “near fulfillment” and Paul was over exaggerating So they really shouldn’t take him literally? That fulfilled doesn’t really mean FULL-filled?

Does the scripture change its meaning depending on who’s reading it? Or does the scripture mean the same thing to the first receivers as it does to us today?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Timtofly

Jun 29, 2020
Mount Morris
✟124,857.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

In what way was it a fulfillment of anything? and why would the apostle go through such great pains to mention to his flocks, over and over, multiple times, again and again and again, that it had been FULL-filled?

What were they supposed to think? That it was only a “near fulfillment” and Paul was over exaggerating So they really shouldn’t take him literally? That fulfilled doesn’t really mean FULL-filled?

Does the scripture change its meaning depending on who’s reading it? Or does the scripture mean the same thing to the first receivers as it does to us today?
Because the fulfillment would be every human during the whole age, not the geographical map. Has Paul gone to Great lengths to stay alive until the Second Coming as well?

Upvote 0

Christian Gedge

Nov 29, 2017
Waikato
Visit site
✟227,210.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Like I said, the gospel spread rapidly throughout the known world. But, as you surely know, it never reached Ireland until the 5th century, and to the native North Americans in the 17th century. So, Paul's hearers would have understood 'the world' to mean the world they knew - the Roman empire.

If you weren't so wedded to your full Preterism you would acknowledge that Matthew 24:14 had a continuing fulfilment beyond AD 70. Indeed it continued unabated during the Roman persecutions. And my understanding is that there will be widespread harvest just before the times of the Gentiles end, before Christ's 2nd coming. This is the 'far' aspect of the same promise.

"And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come." (Matt 24:14)

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Berean Tim
Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟797,354.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Because the fulfillment would be every human during the whole age, not the geographical map.

So you don't believe this ever gets literally fulfilled then?

Since 4-5 babies are born every second, and each then won't be able to hear and respond to the gospel for several years, you must not believe in a day that we will see the literal fulfillment of Matthew 24:14 meaning EVERY HUMAN during the WHOLE AGE, since every day an excess of 350,000 more new Human beings are born into this world who have not yet heard the Gospel, nor will be able to for several years..

Last edited:
Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟797,354.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Like I said, the gospel spread rapidly throughout the known world. But, as you surely know, it never reached Ireland until the 5th century, and to the native North Americans in the 17th century. So, Paul's hearers would have understood 'the world' to mean the world they knew - the Roman empire.

The question is, what did Jesus mean by the Gospel going out to all the world? The same thing as The Holy Spirit meant when He inspired Paul to say it had happened, or is it your position that Jesus and the Holy Spirit used identical phrasing to convey polar opposite meanings?

If you weren't so wedded to your full Preterism you would acknowledge that Matthew 24:14 had a continuing fulfilment beyond AD 70. Indeed it continued unabated during the Roman persecutions. And my understanding is that there will be widespread harvest just before the times of the Gentiles end, before Christ's 2nd coming. This is the 'far' aspect of the same promise.

Since I'm not a full peterist I don't know what you are talking about.

Understanding and accepting that Matthew 24:14 was fulfilled in the first century does not require full preterism, nor does it negate the "everlasting" nature of the gospel.

It seems you're the one wedded to a terminus point to a Gospel ordained to be "everlasting". When does the Everlasting Gospel cease in it's everlasting-ness?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

TedT

Member since Job 38:7
Jan 11, 2021
Vancouver Island
✟85,846.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Revelation 10:8 Then the voice that I had heard from heaven spoke to me once more: "Go, take the scroll that lies open in the hand of the angel who is standing on the sea and on the land." 9 So I went to the angel and asked him to give me the little scroll. He said to me, "Take it and eat it. It will turn your stomach sour, but in your mouth it will be as sweet as honey." 10 I took the little scroll from the angel's hand and ate it. It tasted as sweet as honey in my mouth, but when I had eaten it, my stomach turned sour.

Very interesting, no? As a sign of the last days, a "scroll" or KJV "little book" a diminutive form of the Greek biblos or in English, bible. 'Book' or 'scroll' denotes writing to me so I suggest that eating is a metaphor for reading the scroll and is used so we can get the analogy of sweetness and bitterness/ sour taste into the metaphor.

To continue with the thought would take us to: I read the words on the little book and at first I thought they were very wonderful and gratifying (sweet) but later as I dwelt upon their meaning, I found them hard to digest, (sour in my stomach), that is hard to accept in their full meaning. This leads me to consider that in the last days a new revelation will be learned that at first seems great but then makes us scared or dismayed as we learn its implications. In the context of the next verse: 11 And he said unto me, Thou must prophesy again before many peoples, and nations, and tongues, and kings. This person who read and studied until he understood the words in the little book must go out and be a prophet from the Lord, probably teaching us the words/ideas/revelation of the little book.

I do not think we have yet had this full, new, revelation of HIS full purpose with us. I do not see this new Prophet anywhere in the world or our history...yet. I do expect it soon...

Since we all know the warnings of Rev 22:18: 18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: I'd also suggest that this new revelation is probably more correctly called a new understanding of a previous revelation similar to the way we got a new understanding about the Messiah being Divine from Jesus and the Apostles. So I guess we had all better be open to a theological explanation of God's reality about the Church and/or the world, one that is different from all previous explanations we have been taught.

Might not such an occurrence put the Churches in the position of the Pharisees, stuck on their old understandings of the theology of the scriptures and rejecting the new understanding written in the little book? [The last time I mentioned this idea it was immediately and successfully derailed by a discussion about not all Pharisees being bad, sigh.]

It is funny that people say "it is not in the scriptures" when they really mean "I was never taught an understanding of the scriptures in this way."

Peace, Ted

Upvote 0

mlepfitjw

May you be blessed!
Jun 23, 2020
Alabama
✟44,897.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Revelation 10:8 Then the voice that I had heard from heaven spoke to me once more: "Go, take the scroll that lies open in the hand of the angel who is standing on the sea and on the land." 9 So I went to the angel and asked him to give me the little scroll. He said to me, "Take it and eat it. It will turn your stomach sour, but in your mouth it will be as sweet as honey." 10 I took the little scroll from the angel's hand and ate it. It tasted as sweet as honey in my mouth, but when I had eaten it, my stomach turned sour.

Very interesting, no? As a sign of the last days, a "scroll" or KJV "little book" a diminutive form of the Greek biblos or in English, bible. 'Book' or 'scroll' denotes writing to me so I suggest that eating is a metaphor for reading the scroll and is used so we can get the analogy of sweetness and bitterness/ sour taste into the metaphor.

To continue with the thought would take us to: I read the words on the little book and at first I thought they were very wonderful and gratifying (sweet) but later as I dwelt upon their meaning, I found them hard to digest, (sour in my stomach), that is hard to accept in their full meaning. This leads me to consider that in the last days a new revelation will be learned that at first seems great but then makes us scared or dismayed as we learn its implications. In the context of the next verse: 11 And he said unto me, Thou must prophesy again before many peoples, and nations, and tongues, and kings. This person who read and studied until he understood the words in the little book must go out and be a prophet from the Lord, probably teaching us the words/ideas/revelation of the little book.

I do not think we have yet had this full, new, revelation of HIS full purpose with us. I do not see this new Prophet anywhere in the world or our history...yet. I do expect it soon...

Since we all know the warnings of Rev 22:18: 18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: I'd also suggest that this new revelation is probably more correctly called a new understanding of a previous revelation similar to the way we got a new understanding about the Messiah being Divine from Jesus and the Apostles. So I guess we had all better be open to a theological explanation of God's reality about the Church and/or the world, one that is different from all previous explanations we have been taught.

Might not such an occurrence put the Churches in the position of the Pharisees, stuck on their old understandings of the theology of the scriptures and rejecting the new understanding written in the little book? [The last time I mentioned this idea it was immediately and successfully derailed by a discussion about not all Pharisees being bad, sigh.]

It is funny that people say "it is not in the scriptures" when they really mean "I was never taught an understanding of the scriptures in this way."

Peace, Ted

What you suggest seems like a very lonely road.

You know Shawn Mcranney? He did a year long section on the revelation verse by verse. I have respect for the man, not many people really teach the Revelation especially in churches...

He just released a new video about systematic theology.

Here you go.

Upvote 0

TedT

Member since Job 38:7
Jan 11, 2021
Vancouver Island
✟85,846.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Have we seen this yet?

In light of the fact that we have some verses in the Bible that tell us that the end times will bring some people (not all) a new or fuller understanding of God's Revelation, perhaps in a letter or other written form, might not this new revelation / understanding have the same weight as scripture?

Daniel 12:9 - And he said, Go thy way Daniel: for the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end.

Daniel 12:10 - Many shall be purified, and made white, and tried; but the wicked shall do wickedly: and none of the wicked shall understand, but the wise shall understand. Therefore in the end times, we will be given a new understanding, a revealing of that which has been sealed previously. I don't think i've seen anything like this yet...

Micah 4:1,2 But in the last days it shall come to pass, that the mountain of the house of the LORD shall be established in the top of the mountains, and it shall be exalted above the hills; and people shall flow unto it. And many nations shall come, and say, Come, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, and to the house of the GOD of Jacob; and HE will teach us of HIS ways, and we will walk in HIS paths: for the law shall go forth of Zion, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem.

How might this law and word go forth? Should we expect a speaker or prophet to tell us, "Thus sayeth the LORD," or maybe a letter like Paul's dissertation in Romans, or perhaps someone will write down a vision they saw?

Zechariah 5:2-5 I see a flying roll; the length thereof is twenty cubits, and the breadth thereof ten cubits. Then he said unto me, This is the curse that goeth forth over the face of the whole earth: for every one that stealeth shall be cut off as on this side according to it; and every one that sweareth shall be cut off as on that side according to it. I will bring it forth, saith the LORD of hosts, and it shall enter into the house of the thief, and into the house of him that sweareth falsely by MY name: and it shall remain in the midst of his house, and shall consume it with the timber thereof and the stones thereof.

Looks like somebody will see a roll or a book that we haven't seen yet. Might 'flying' mean heavenly or unearthly? “Flying” is literally: covered (either with wings or feathers, or obscurity). In other words, it might not be a flying roll at all. It might be an obscure (previously hidden) roll, denoting a new understanding of God's plan.

Since it is a book (scroll) it would probably contain some ideas of an unearthly (previously unrevealed) nature. Its measurement "just happens" to match the holy place of GOD's temple, so it would probably be a holy book. And its holy message will have a profound effect on some people, for it obviously has some bad news:
Kiel(#2) comments: “The roll therefore symbolised the curse which will fall upon sinners throughout the whole land, consuming them with their houses, and thus sweeping them out of the nation of GOD.” (In other words, Armageddon.)

Cursed by the message of an old but hidden scroll, book, revelation; don't think we've seen that yet...

Then there is: John 14:26 The Comforter shall teach you all things.
In regard to this verse, one must either believe that the Church has already been taught all things and that we already know all things, or one must believe that we still must be taught a new illumination of things and receive a new understanding of the revealed facts we presently possess so that they will truly reveal all things.

John 16:12 I (Jesus) have yet many things to say unto you, but you cannot bear them now.

John 16:13 Howbeit when He, the Spirit of truth, is come, He will guide you into all truth.

"Many things to say" must mean many things to reveal. He says that these unrevealed things would have been revealed but for their (our) inability to bear them. He goes on to say that when the Spirit of truth is come, the Church will be led to know all truth.

I think history proves that this process has not come to completion yet, for we have not received many new revelations of the truth since Jesus spoke these words.

In fact, we have not even been brought into a full knowledge of the truth about the doctrines revealed at His first advent. Since we do not yet know all the truth, that is, since the Church is not founded on the whole truth yet, that is, since the Holy Church Christ started to build has not been finished yet, may I suggest that there has to be some more leading in this area.

John 16:25 These things have I (Jesus) spoken unto you in proverbs: but the time cometh, when I shall no more speak unto you in proverbs, but I shall shew you plainly of the Father.

Which time was Jesus referring to? Was He speaking of a time more in the future (say like this time)? Well, if it was a time more in the future, then He would be referring to a future doctrinal revelation, would He not? In other words, do we understand the Bible plainly, no metaphor, ho hyperbole, or does it yet speak to us in proverbs?

Jeremiah 23:20 The anger of the LORD shall not return, until HE have executed, and till HE have performed the thought of HIS heart. In the latter days ye shall consider it perfectly. We will understand perfectly HIS thoughts. So much for those who claim HE is too far above us to know anything about HIM, eh?

Well what do we have to learn to understand HIM perfectly...? The anger of the LORD refers to all the bad things that have been happening in history (bad things happen because God is mad) and in this area we still have a lot of questions such as:
• why didn't GOD put the devil and his angels in the Lake of Fire and Brimstone as soon as they rebelled?
• why did They allow the serpent into Their garden?
• why didn't They warn Adam and Eve about him?
• why haven't They judged the devil and his angels yet?
• why did Jesus take so long to come the first time?
• why haven't They removed the curse on the ground yet (I thought They were satisfied?)
• why do They "keep making more people" instead of just cleaning up those who are alive now and starting it again clean?
• why do They allow Their best people to be oppressed and persecuted by the unrepentant advocates of evil?
• why is divine justice continually set aside?
• why have They not told us the whole truth yet (before)?

and many more... Just too many references to considering it all perfectly and understanding it perfectly to mean anything to an aware and thoughtful individual today, sigh.

Upvote 0

mlepfitjw

May you be blessed!
Jun 23, 2020
Alabama
✟44,897.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I believe everything is fulfilled personally... only reason is because I believe what Jesus Christ said to his disciples about the generation not passing way until all thing he said had passed, also whole heartedly believe when Paul is stressing, and reminding believers in his day to stay in faith Jesus Christ is coming, that he was not lying to them at all.

The choice is up to people if they really believe what Jesus Christ had said, and if Paul was telling the truth to all of those people he wrote to or not.

I'm not swayed any other way than to trust what Jesus Christ had said, and what Paul told those people He was coming.

I believe Jesus Christ the Lord is with me today, many people believe that, but are still waiting and are afraid of fearful of the last days as if they are happening all over again.

The last day will be your last day on earth, live and love, share Jesus Christ the Lord if you desire to, but it is very lonely road it seems though people will be attracted to you because God and the light he shines through you as a human being, though you will be rendered useless to some degree.

It's tough lately have been trying to share some verses every day, and to live and breathe scripture to keep the spirit living inside filled and full... though not being perfect and having a desire to connect with others but unsure what to say to them because the world seems so far away... thinking about heavenly things.

Have a good day, (I'm not the guy who can answer your questions.)

Last edited:
Upvote 0