✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Exodus 28:42
“You shall make for them linen breeches to cover their bare flesh; they shall reach from the hips even to the thighs.”
On my last modesty posts, I stated someone in the comments said if you don’t cover your calves, God is surely looking at you with immodesty, right?
(This isn’t MODESTY?!)
This verse says other wise.
Which means our culture has sexualized every body part.
So yea, others can probably stumble from shorts. Some think of course, “MeN’s aTtiRe”
What do you think?
(P.S. this is generally curiosity, I’m really worried about it.)

regarding the men's attire thing, though: what about if the shorts are shorts designed for ladies and sold as ladies shorts? surely the mens attire thing not applicble in that case

Upvote 0

Deade

Called of God
Site Supporter
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, OK
Visit site
✟274,266.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
True. I feel covered, and I’m not exactly worried, but like I stayed, curious.
I somewhat disagree on the Old Testament thing, we indeed are NOT under the law anymore, but some of the OT still do apply to us, (ex. Love)

Indeed SGOTJ, those that think the New Testament completely cancels out the OT law are short changing themselves. Think about it being pre-incarnate Christ that was the lawgiver (see 1 Cor. 10:4). Next ask yourself why he gave each and every law. Then realize that Christ does not change: Heb. 13:8 "Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever."

The law still has a lot to teach us if we get rid of the school-is-out attitude. When I meditate on the law, I learn things still today: Psalms 1:2 "But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night."
6-old-thumbsup.gif

• Winner
Reactions: Junia
Upvote 0