Apr 4, 2016
Africa
Visit site
✟30,738.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
If it were, it could be forced upon someone. The context of Revelation suggests those with the mark of the Beast willfully accept it.

Depends on what you mean by force. I'm guessing you mean strapping someone to a table and physically injecting a microchip into their hand? Sure, that's possible, but it's both unnecessary and unrealistic.

The other kind of force is more abstract; an engineered situation in which people have been taught to believe that they have no other choice but to buy and sell if they want to put food on the table, pay the bills, care for their family etc.

If we talk about Jesus' teachings on working for love vs money and the things money can buy, you'll quickly see this engineering come to the surface. People will say things like, "But we can't live without money", "money makes the world go round", "we'd all starve", "the world would fall to chaos" etc. After thousands of years of manipulation, we've come to firmly believe that we cannot survive without buying and selling, which means when the Mark comes, there will be a lot of panic.

People who have never considered what it means to seek God's kingdom first won't know what to do without buying and selling because they've rarely, if ever, been encouraged to believe that something outside of the monetary system is impossible.

These people will feel forced into making a decision, and their reliance on buying and selling will almost certainly cause them to come up with an array of convenient doctrines to legitimize their choice to continue with buying and selling.

Isn't that what you're doing by saying, "Let's be pragmatic...Everyone gets caught up in how it affects buying and selling and wrongly assume this must mean something physical"?

Look at the key point being made here; there's no problem with buying and selling. Confronting our reliance on the monetary system is frightening because we don't have any alternative (or at least, it's difficult for us to imagine a reliable alternative). "God will provide" is fine for Sunday morning meetings, but it's hard to imagine an invisible God providing for us when it comes to real-world needs like food, clothing, and shelter.

Those who follow the Antichrist will be made apparent by their evil words and thoughts (forehead) and evil actions (right hand).

This probably sounds very soothing to you, but the bottom line is that it shrugs off any consideration of our reliance on the Beast's system for our daily bread.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Psalm3704

And He shall give you the desires of your heart.
Aug 10, 2015
✟7,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Depends on the context. The Mark prophecy isn't just about "sticking chips in the body". It's about demonstrating loyalty.

Well that pretty much throws the RFID chip out the window as a potential mark of the beast as it has nothing to do with demonstrating loyalty.

Plus the RFID chip is already here being used in the world but the beast is not. Wrong chronological order of event. The beast comes before the mark.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Well that pretty much throws the RFID chip out the window as a potential mark of the beast as it has nothing to do with demonstrating loyalty.

Plus the RFID chip is already here being used in the world but the beast is not. Wrong chronological order of event. The beast comes before the mark.

I think that it could be a combination of many things. Firstly, it will be able to track your purchases, probably access your medical records, probably your driving records, criminal activity etc. Maybe track your movement like GPS.

Also, I think it will be voluntary in respect to the fact that not getting it will be a sign of rebellion to the new government system, disrespect to the beast, the sign of a non conformant. Acceptance will give you a visible sign of allegiance to the beast, plainly displayed and recognizable to all.

The other methods that could be implemented would be to combine it with a anti virus like we have now. You either get the shot or you do not work.

There is something further to it as well. People who get this will develop painful boils over their entire body... right?

There is talk and speculation that the government has been experimenting with gene splicing and hybridization. The Bible says that "as it was in the days of Noah, so shall it be in the time of the coming of the Lord.

So, if there was "corruption of all flesh" at the time of Noah, would it not be possible that there is corruption of flesh at the time of Christ's coming? And, if so, could it me that this acceptance of the "mark" may also be the acceptance of a change of your DNA structure that gives "fake" immortality? That also makes you not totally human anymore, able to live for hundreds of years, (the bible states that they will pray for death but death will not come)

This would explain the boils, the lack of death, the corruption of flesh and the inability to be saved as you would no longer be fully human.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
The other thing, how are Christians going to deal with not getting the mark. Are they going to behead the billion Christians? Are Christians going to be tested to this level... unto death for His name? Do you think that your 12 year old Christian daughter is going to allow herself, watch you.... and her family, have their head cut off for Christ's name?

I just think that this is a bit much for God to ask of all the remaining Christians of this time.

Thoughts?

Upvote 0

Psalm3704

Aug 10, 2015
✟7,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I think that it could be a combination of many things. Firstly, it will be able to track your purchases, probably access your medical records, probably your driving records, criminal activity etc. Maybe track your movement like GPS.

Also, I think it will be voluntary in respect to the fact that not getting it will be a sign of rebellion to the new government system, disrespect to the beast, the sign of a non conformant. Acceptance will give you a visible sign of allegiance to the beast, plainly displayed and recognizable to all.

The other methods that could be implemented would be to combine it with a anti virus like we have now. You either get the shot or you do not work.

There is something further to it as well. People who get this will develop painful boils over their entire body... right?

There is talk and speculation that the government has been experimenting with gene splicing and hybridization. The Bible says that "as it was in the days of Noah, so shall it be in the time of the coming of the Lord.

So, if there was "corruption of all flesh" at the time of Noah, would it not be possible that there is corruption of flesh at the time of Christ's coming? And, if so, could it me that this acceptance of the "mark" may also be the acceptance of a change of your DNA structure that gives "fake" immortality? That also makes you not totally human anymore, able to live for hundreds of years, (the bible states that they will pray for death but death will not come)

This would explain the boils, the lack of death, the corruption of flesh and the inability to be saved as you would no longer be fully human.

So do you wanna share your thoughts on who the beast is?

You cannot have the mark of the beast before the beast comes on the scene. The beast comes first then the mark.

Revelation 13:16 New King James Version (NKJV)
He causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hand or on their foreheads,

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
So do you wanna share your thoughts on who the beast is?

You cannot have the mark of the beast before the beast comes on the scene. The beast comes first then the mark.

Revelation 13:16 New King James Version (NKJV)
He causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hand or on their foreheads,

The beast is the Vatican...

Upvote 0

Psalm3704

Aug 10, 2015
✟7,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The beast is the Vatican...

Revelation 13:18 New King James Version (NKJV)
Here is wisdom. Let him who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man: His number is 666.

The vatican is not a man.

Upvote 0

Psalm3704

Aug 10, 2015
✟7,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The other thing, how are Christians going to deal with not getting the mark. Are they going to behead the billion Christians? Are Christians going to be tested to this level... unto death for His name? Do you think that your 12 year old Christian daughter is going to allow herself, watch you.... and her family, have their head cut off for Christ's name?

I just think that this is a bit much for God to ask of all the remaining Christians of this time.

Thoughts?

God's not the one beheading people right now nor during the tribulation.

Upvote 0

stephen583

Jan 12, 2016
Salt lake City, UT
✟24,201.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I meant in context to what he was saying, that there would be other things other than the mark for those who worship the beast.

I would tend to agree with this broader definition. It's not as simple as merely accepting a "chip" implant, or some kind of tattoo.

In Bible symbolism the "right hand" is synonamous with works. You'll find numerous references of this type of figurative use in the OT. Likewise, the term "forehead" is also used figuratively to describe "Thoughts, beliefs and attitudes" and is associated with the mind. "Your forehead is as hard as flint" (You are stubborn).

So I believe it is possible to take the "mark of the beast" in your hand, or your forehead without actually receiving any physical mark.

You can best believe the Chinese soldiers in Tienanmen Square who slaughtered unarmed protestors with machine gun bullets and flame throwers were "beast" worshippers who received the "mark" in their hands and in their foreheads.

Upvote 0

stephen583

Jan 12, 2016
Salt lake City, UT
✟24,201.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Revelation 13:18 New King James Version (NKJV)
Here is wisdom. Let him who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man: His number is 666.

The vatican is not a man.

The Vatican is however governed by a man.. The Pope.

Since the Vatican State was created by the Treaty of Lateran, and until the End of the First Cold War era in 1991 (The first beast system), it was ruled by a succession of SIX Popes.

Pius XI (1922-1939), Pius XII (1939-1958), John XXIII (1958-1963), Paul VI (1963-1978), John Paul I (1978), and John Paul II (1978-2005). Count'em.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

stephen583

Jan 12, 2016
Salt lake City, UT
✟24,201.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Since the Soviet Union was created and until it collapsed in 1991 the U.S.S.R was ruled by a succession of SIX Stalinist dictators.

Joseph Stalin, Brezhnev, Kruschev, Andropov, Chernenko and Gorbachev. Six !

Some include Lenin and Malenkov in this list, which is erroneous. Lenin was the leader of the Boleshevik Revolution and was the icon of "Leninism". After his death, Lenin was betrayed by Stalin who wrote the Soviet Constitution and established "Stalinism" as the govt. of the Soviet Union instead of Leninism.

Malenkov did succeed Stalin, but could not consolidate a Stalinist dictatorship (one man rule) and had to eventually share power in a "dumverate" govt. with Kruschev, until Kruschev had him removed from power and exiled to the remote republic of Khazakstan. So it is Kruschev not Malenkov who consolidated his rule as a Stalinist dictator.

Upvote 0

tienkhoanguyen

non-denominational Christian
Dec 17, 2016
Houston, TX
✟1,815.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hi all. The video is roughly 6 minutes long. The title is fairly self-explanatory. I look forward to hearing what others think.

JESUS!!!

When you are presented with the choice to take a microchip implant then say "NO!" You have a choice. Make sure that you listen to the entire content so you catch all their tricks first.

Upvote 0

tienkhoanguyen

non-denominational Christian
Dec 17, 2016
Houston, TX
✟1,815.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
JESUS!!!

When you are presented with the choice to take a microchip implant then say "NO!" You have a choice. Make sure that you listen to the entire content so you catch all their tricks first.
The microchip implant can possibly be anywhere on the body. Remember The Holy Bible that I read only says the mark of the beast and is not necessarily a microchip. It could be my Holy Bible. You know if you accept Jesus Christ or not!

Upvote 0

Psalm3704

Aug 10, 2015
✟7,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Pius XI (1922-1939), Pius XII (1939-1958), John XXIII (1958-1963), Paul VI (1963-1978), John Paul I (1978), and John Paul II (1978-2005). Count'em.

You left out Pope Benedict XVI (2005-2013) and Pope Francis (2013-present).

That would make 8 popes since 1922. Count'em.

CATHOLIC ENCYCLOPEDIA: List of Popes

6 popes from 1922 to 2005 doesn't make it 6 out of 666.

John in the spirit saw the period of the tribulation still in the future. It didn't start in 1922 under Pius XI and continuing till now. The length of Daniel's 70th week is only 7 years.

Upvote 0

stephen583

Jan 12, 2016
Salt lake City, UT
✟24,201.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
China was similarly ruled by a succession of SIX men until the End of the first beast system in 1991.

Mao Zedong was the paramount and unchallenged leader of the PRC until his death in 1976. He was succeeded in 1976 by Hua Guofeng, Deng Xioping 1978, Hu Yaobang until 1987, Zho Ziyang who was replaced in 1989 due to the Tienanmen massacre by Jiang Zemin who ruled until 2002.

Again, a series of SIX men during the same historic period as the Vatican and the Soviet Union.

Three godless ideological movements (there is no provision for a theocratic government such as the Vatican in Christian theology), each one represented by a succession of Six men during the same period.. In other words, 666

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

stephen583

Jan 12, 2016
Salt lake City, UT
✟24,201.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
6 popes from 1922 to 2005 doesn't make it 6 out of 666.

The Lateran Treaty creating the Vatican State was signed between Italy and the RCC in 1929 (not 1922) ! Pope Pius XI was the first Pope of the Vatican State.

Pope Benedict and Pope Francis both came after 1991 which is why their names are not counted in the list either.

The year 1991 marked the End of the Cold War era (beast system).. I thought I made that clear in my post, or didn't you bother to read it ?

So the number of Popes who ruled the Vatican from 1929 to 1991 stands at SIX.

Upvote 0

Psalm3704

Aug 10, 2015
✟7,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The Lateran Treaty creating the Vatican State was signed between Italy and the RCC in 1929 (not 1922) ! Pope Pius XI was the first Pope of the Vatican State.

Pope Benedict and Pope Francis both came after 1991 which is why their names are not counted in the list either.

The year 1991 marked the End of the Cold War era (beast system).. I thought I made that clear in my post, or didn't you bother to read it ?

So the number of Popes who ruled the Vatican from 1929 to 1991 stands at SIX.

Well that doesn't make any difference because since the Stalin era during WW2, I counted 6 US presidents from that time till the first US president resigning from office. That would make it 6666.

Franklin D Roosevelt
Harry S Truman
Dwight D Eisenhower
John F Kennedy
Lyndon B Johnson
Richard Nixon

Upvote 0

stephen583

Jan 12, 2016
Salt lake City, UT
✟24,201.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Please, before anyone else challenges my interpretation of what the number 666 means and how it relates historically to the Vatican, Stalinism and Communist China from 1929-1991..

DO Your homework.

Especially with regard to China.. Since 1929 China has had many leaders, including the notorious "Gang of Four". Down through the years the position of leadership has shifted between "Chairman of the Communist Party", "Chairman of the Central Military Council" and most recently the post of Premier (President).

The key word in constructing any accurate list is "Paramount" leader.. For instance, Mao remained the "Paramount" leader of China until his death in 1976, even though Liu Shaoqi was already serving in Mao's official position. That's why the name Liu Shaoqi isn't on the list.

Upvote 0

stephen583

Jan 12, 2016
Salt lake City, UT
✟24,201.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well that doesn't make any difference because since the Stalin era during WW2, I counted 6 US presidents from that time till the first US president resigning from office. That would make it 6666.

Franklin D Roosevelt
Harry S Truman
Dwight D Eisenhower
John F Kennedy
Lyndon B Johnson
Richard Nixon

The names and numbers I gave you relate to specific government entities and ideologies represented by a succession of SIX men.

There is no correlation between the governments of Franklin Roosevelt and Richard Nixon. Different politics, different ideologies. And Richard Nixon wasn't president in 1991 when the first Cold War era beast system ended.

So the number is 666, not 6666.

Upvote 0