Are professed Christians who deliberately practice sin saved?

Lily of Valleys

Jun 30, 2017
Australia
✟68,600.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Did not see that in the definition via your link. Your link has -
  1. to make
    1. with the names of things made, to produce, construct, form, fashion, etc.

2. to be the authors of, the cause

3. to make ready, to prepare

4. to produce, bear, shoot forth

5. to acquire, to provide a thing for one's self

6. to make a thing out of something

7. to (make i.e.) render one anything
      1. to (make i.e.) constitute or appoint one anything, to appoint or ordain one that

2. to (make i.e.) declare one anything
    8. to put one forth, to lead him out

9. to make one do something
      1. cause one to
    10. to be the authors of a thing (to cause, bring about)
  2. to do
    1. to act rightly, do well
      1. to carry out, to execute
    2. to do a thing unto one
      1. to do to one
    3. with designation of time: to pass, spend

4. to celebrate, keep
      1. to make ready, and so at the same time to institute, the celebration of the passover
    5. to perform: to a promise
Did not see "exercise." But then when I looked up the verse in Strong's your word number G4160 is connected to "doth", not commit. My interlinear has it connected to practices or commits. While checking the verse Strong's links commits sin to G266.

I'm inclined to believe the verse intends for us to understand practices opposed to a one time affair.
It is just below what you listed above, under "Strong's Definitions":

ποιέω poiéō, poy-eh'-o; apparently a prolonged form of an obsolete primary; to make or do (in a very wide application, more or less direct):—abide, + agree, appoint, × avenge, + band together, be, bear, + bewray, bring (forth), cast out, cause, commit, + content, continue, deal, + without any delay, (would) do(-ing), execute, exercise, fulfil, gain, give, have, hold, × journeying, keep, + lay wait, + lighten the ship, make, X mean, + none of these things move me, observe, ordain, perform, provide, + have purged, purpose, put, + raising up, × secure, shew, X shoot out, spend, take, tarry, + transgress the law, work, yield.

Because this is the Christians only section, I'm wondering if you have a particular sin in mind.
Any sin that we are aware that they are sins but we still choose to do it.

Therefore, to him who knows to do good and does not do it, to him it is sin. (James 4:17 NKJV)

Upvote 0

SBC

Jul 9, 2017
US
✟38,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
You need to elaborate the question more, so I can understand what you are really asking. Please elaborate in detail what you mean.

People talk about a SAVED Christian,
"practicing sin", AFTER Becoming SAVED.

What is "THEIR" sin "they PRACTICE", BEFORE Becoming SAVED?

God Bless,
SBC

Upvote 0

SBC

Jul 9, 2017
US
✟38,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
No one living in wilful sin is saved, no matter what they claim.

The People (Anthropos) of Sin spoken of by Apostle Paul in 2 Thessalonians 2.3 are professing Christians who think that they abound in Grace, whist setting themselves up as the temple of God before the world. The reality is, that they are fallen and thereby practise falsehood and also deceive themselves into thinking that their wilful sinful actions should be inclusive within the body of Christ and therefore are tolerated by God. This is part and parcel of the falling away from the true faith and the strong delusion that God allows to manifest in them, so they continue to serve a lie.

God needs them to continue living the lie, thinking that they are the temple of God, so that it warrants God to destroy them. I say oh well.....too bad!

The Church elders need to out them, otherwise they are also taking part in their flagerant sins.

WHAT is "WILFUL" sin?

God Bless,
SBC

Upvote 0

The Times

Feb 9, 2017
Australia
✟90,081.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
WHAT is "WILFUL" sin?

God Bless,
SBC

Knowing that what is being done is unacceptable to God and that immediate repentance is required and by also turning away from the sin or lifestyle of sin that causes emnity between that individual and God. That individual refuses these terms and wilfully continues sinning.

Upvote 0

SBC

Jul 9, 2017
US
✟38,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
You mean a person who is not Christian.

God divided the races -
Between Hebrews/Jews and Gentiles.

Either can become SAVED.

Hebrews/Jews have LAWS that define their SIN.

Gentiles have WHAT that define their SIN?

One must first KNOW which race they are, and what SIN means according to their race, before they can be SAVED from it....

Wouldn't you agree?

What is a Jews SIN, before being SAVED?
What is a Gentiles SIN, before being SAVED?

If you do not KNOW.....HOW do you KNOW if either is PRACTICING SIN, AFTER they are SAVED?

God Bless,
SBC

Upvote 0

The Times

Feb 9, 2017
Australia
✟90,081.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
People talk about a SAVED Christian,
"practicing sin", AFTER Becoming SAVED.

What is "THEIR" sin "they PRACTICE", BEFORE Becoming SAVED?

God Bless,
SBC

So what distinguishes a saved and a not saved Christian to you, please explain.

Where is this saved and not saved coming into play, please give an example.

Thankyou

Upvote 0

SBC

Jul 9, 2017
US
✟38,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Knowing that what is being done is unacceptable to God and that immediate repentance is required and by also turning away from the sin or lifestyle of sin that causes emnity between that individual and God. That individual refuses these terms and wilfully continues sinning.

What is acceptable to God?

God Bless,
SBC

Upvote 0

Lily of Valleys

Jun 30, 2017
Australia
✟68,600.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think the OP has one particular sin in mind. The verses of the OP appear frequently in another section of CF with emphasis on the sabbath.
I don't think I have read that particular section you mentioned, and it is not about the sabbath. I am referring to any sin that are still considered to be sins under the new covenant.

So let no one judge you in food or in drink, or regarding a festival or a new moon or sabbaths, which are a shadow of things to come, but the substance is of Christ. (Colossians 2:16-17)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

The Times

Feb 9, 2017
Australia
✟90,081.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
One must first KNOW which race they are, and what SIN means according to their race, before they can be SAVED from it....

Wouldn't you agree?

No, I would disagree. Races do not come into the equation of salvation.

No one regardless of what their race is, or what their upbringing is or what their laws are can plead ignorance.

The saved Christian who preaches to them from the Holy Bible places them under an obligation, where a decision of yes or no is required. So preaching Christ is a dangerous thing to the world at large, because regardless of what they knew or what race they belong to or what their primary or secondary discourses are, will ultimately place them under the curse of the Mosaic Law or the Grace of Christ, provided they accepted the terms, by first repenting and turning from their brought to their attention sinful ways.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SBC

Jul 9, 2017
US
✟38,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

Thankyou

You had the answer, but you did not understand it.

Hebrews/Jews were given the LAWS.
Them violating the LAWS, is a SIN unto them, FOR violating the LAW.

Gentiles were NOT given the LAWS.
Their SIN is ...... RESFUSING TO BELIEVE.

Hebrews/Jews CAN BE SAVED, and STILL "PREACTICE SIN". ACCORDING TO ???? THEIR LAWS!

WHY?
Because "THEIR LAWS" were NOT destroyed.

So about a GENTILE....
Was a GENTILE UNDER Hebrew/Jewish Law?
No.

So WHEN a Gentile BECOMES SAVED....
WHAT SIN CAN "they" PRACTICE"?

SINS, UNDER JEWISH LAW?

God Bless,
SBC

Upvote 0

SBC

Jul 9, 2017
US
✟38,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

Thankyou

Wondering what IS Saved and what IS not SAVED is not the issue.

What is "practicing sin", and by whom is the issue.

IF one CAN BE SAVED and "CONTINUE" practicing sin....

How do you "CONTINUE" sinning, IF you do not know WHAT SIN means to you?

If you do not know WHAT SIN means to you,
How do you KNOW WHAT your repented OF?

God Bless,
SBC

Upvote 0

Lily of Valleys

Jun 30, 2017
Australia
✟68,600.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What about the Sabbath? God commanded us to rest on the seventh day. Is it a sin to not honor the Sabbath? That's another law everybody forgot about. I still sin sometimes but a stopped all the sexual sins and fornication years ago those are the worse ones. I will work on the other stuff. It's truly hard to live comepletly holy.
Under the New Covenant, we no longer have to follow the Jewish regulations in relation to food, days and festivals; however, God's standards in relation to morality never change.

So let no one judge you in food or in drink, or regarding a festival or a new moon or sabbaths, which are a shadow of things to come, but the substance is of Christ. (Colossians 2:16-17 NKJV)​

You are correct that sexual immorality is still sin under the new convenant and Jesus specifically said that the sexual immoral will not enter the Holy City when He returns.

For you know what commandments we gave you by the authority of the Lord Jesus. For this is the will of God, your sanctification; that is, that you abstain from sexual immorality; that each of you know how to possess his own vessel in sanctification and honor, not in lustful passion (1 Thessalonians 4:2-5 NKJV)​

Blessed are those who do His commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city. But outside are dogs and sorcerers and sexually immoral and murderers and idolaters, and whoever loves and practices a lie. (Revelation 22:14-15)​

Upvote 0

SBC

Jul 9, 2017
US
✟38,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
No, I would disagree. Races do not come into the equation of salvation.

Disagree.

I distinguished between
Hebrews/Jews as a race OF people,
And Gentiles as a race OF people.

No one regardless of what their race is, or what their upbringing is or what their laws are can plead ignorance.

I presume you are speaking of RACE being man-made SKIN color?

Perhaps you misunderstood.
I was speaking of the DIVISION between
Hebrew/Jew AND Gentile....NOT skin color!

The saved Christian who preaches to them from the Holy Bible places them under an obligation, where a decision of yes or no is required. So preaching Christ is a dangerous thing to the world at large, because regardless of what they knew or what race they belong to or what their primary or secondary discourses are, will ultimately place them under the curse of the Mosaic Law or the Grace of Christ, provided they accepted the terms, by first repenting and turning from their brought to their attention sinful ways.

I wasni't taling about PREACHING.

Try to stay to the POINT.

WHAT IS A JEWS SIN, BEFORE being SAVED?
(Hint, hint.....2 things)

WHAT IS A GENTILES SIN, BEFORE being SAVED?
(Hint, hint...1 thing)

God Bless,
SBC

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

The Times

Feb 9, 2017
Australia
✟90,081.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Gentiles were NOT given the LAWS.

OK and so!

Their SIN is ...... RESFUSING TO BELIEVE.

Not entirely true. Their sin is the original sin, requiring the saviour.

Hebrews/Jews CAN BE SAVED, and STILL "PREACTICE SIN". ACCORDING TO ???? THEIR LAWS!

It is a confusing and contradictory statement. Rephrase it so that I can understand what you are asserting.

Was a GENTILE UNDER Hebrew/Jewish Law?

No!
But they were still judged under the Jewish Law.

Read the story of Jonah and then please answer the following questions for yourself....

Why was Jonah sent?
What did Jonah preach?
What decision did the Men of Nineveh need to make as unsaved gentiles, in order to adhere to the Mosaic Law?

Repentance and the instructions that Jonah gave them. They and all their animals fasted without water and food for three days.

Did you get the answer friend.

WHAT SIN CAN "they" PRACTICE"?

Obviously as the gentile men of Nineveh would testify to you, none of the above, that is no sin against the Mosaic Laws, because they were still under the curse of the Law, irrespective of their culture being aware or not. Jonah was sent to make them aware of the sins not known that was destroying them in numbers.

Why do you think, the Men of Nineveh repented without opposing Jonah. Because Jonah brought to their attention matters that they were not aware of, concerning the Mosaic Law.

SINS, UNDER JEWISH LAW?

Absolutely friend, you got it! The Men of Nineveh were judged for their sins under the Jewish Law.

Upvote 0

Lily of Valleys

Jun 30, 2017
Australia
✟68,600.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I know where not suppose to eat certain animal because there unclean. Like pigs ect. They have evil spirits.
Jesus said whatever enters a man from outside cannot defile a person, as long as you give thanks to the Lord and eat it from faith, there is nothing wrong with eating those meat.

Do you not perceive that whatever enters a man from outside cannot defile him, because it does not enter his heart but his stomach, and is eliminated, thus purifying all foods? (Mark 7:18-19 NKJV)

All things indeed are pure, but it is evil for the man who eats with offense. (Romans 14:20 NKJV)

But he who doubts is condemned if he eats, because he does not eat from faith; for whatever is not from faith is sin. (Romans 14:23)

But food does not commend us to God; for neither if we eat are we the better, nor if we do not eat are we the worse. (1 Corinthians 8:8 NKJV)

Upvote 0