Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
If the nde doesn't match the Bible does simply sharing it make someone a false prophet
You really need to let go of this NDE/false prophet nonsense. Believe me there is absolutely no direct connection there.

Many people's experiences in life or NDE do not exactly match the bible for the simple reason that the bible does not cover every last little thing.

Many NDE people return having met people who have died years before they could have known them, ie. great grand parents or siblings who were stillborn before their own birth.

The bible contains nothing about this sort of thing, but that doesn't make it false.

Upvote 0

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟147,506.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
The one testimony of NDE experience that stuck in my mind was that of a sociopath whose NDE experience involved experiencing the effect that he had had on others in his lifetime, through their own eyes, and through the visceral experience that he had had on them in his interactions with them. It was a rather hellish experience, as anyone who has ever dealt with a sociopath might well be able to imagine.

From what I recall from the story, it was not that he went on to develop a profundity of empathy for others-his whole physiology was that of a sociopath after all.
But he did go on to be very, very careful as to treating people very respectfully from the time of that experience onwards.

• Informative
Reactions: Landon Caeli
Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟827,033.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
so they have to know what they're teaching is false?
A false prophet or teacher in Scriptural terms is one who gives prophecies and teaching with the intention of drawing people away from Christ to the worship of false gods. The example of a false prophet in today's society is one who prophesies or teaches that in spite of our meteoric rise in crime rate, terrorist attacks, abortions, homosexuality, school shootings, police brutality, unjust judges, armed robberies, that God is blessing our society and that there will be lasting peace and security.

The actual truth is that the judgment of God is upon our nations and that is why He is allowing all these things happening. The false prophet gives false security in the face of impending judgment. The true prophet will warn of impending judgment on the nation and will urge believers to humble themselves, pray, seek God's face and turn from their wicked ways, and will urge unbelievers to turn to Christ so that they can escape the wrath of God to come.

No person can say that Jesus is Lord except through the Holy Spirit. Therefore if a prophet or teacher is promoting the Lordship of Christ, even if he makes some mistakes in his doctrine, then he has to be a true prophet. A false prophet will teach that it is okay to live lawlessly before Jesus will forgive all their sins without them having to repent of them and live a holy life. A

Upvote 0

dreadnought

Lip service isn't really service.
Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
I'm concerned near death experiences are deceptions used by the devil to turn people into false prophets here are the reasons why

1. Ndes themselves contradict the Bible
2. The ones who have ndes usually become less religious
3. They also gain psychic powers
I'm not aware of anyone who has psychic powers.

Upvote 0

dreadnought

Lip service isn't really service.
Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
just please answer my questions
You didn't ask any questions, did you, and if you did, I'm not convinced your premises are valid.

Im not aware that NDES contradict the Bible, I have no way of confirming your assertion that "the ones who have ndes usually become less religious," and I've never heard that they "also gain psychic powers."

That doesn't mean I disagree with your conclusion - this is a topic I know little about and have given little thought to.

Upvote 0

Ask21771

Nov 19, 2016
United States
✟15,891.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Private
A false prophet or teacher in Scriptural terms is one who gives prophecies and teaching with the intention of drawing people away from Christ to the worship of false gods. The example of a false prophet in today's society is one who prophesies or teaches that in spite of our meteoric rise in crime rate, terrorist attacks, abortions, homosexuality, school shootings, police brutality, unjust judges, armed robberies, that God is blessing our society and that there will be lasting peace and security.

The actual truth is that the judgment of God is upon our nations and that is why He is allowing all these things happening. The false prophet gives false security in the face of impending judgment. The true prophet will warn of impending judgment on the nation and will urge believers to humble themselves, pray, seek God's face and turn from their wicked ways, and will urge unbelievers to turn to Christ so that they can escape the wrath of God to come.

No person can say that Jesus is Lord except through the Holy Spirit. Therefore if a prophet or teacher is promoting the Lordship of Christ, even if he makes some mistakes in his doctrine, then he has to be a true prophet. A false prophet will teach that it is okay to live lawlessly before Jesus will forgive all their sins without them having to repent of them and live a holy life. A
what about nders who publish books about theirexperiences are they false prophets? please answer

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟827,033.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
what about nders who publish books about theirexperiences are they false prophets? please answer
The deciding factor is: Is their intention to strengthen faith in Christ, or not? Read the Scripture definitions of false prophets and decide for yourself. The Scripture is quite clear about it if you take the time to study the references.

• Useful
Reactions: SolomonVII
Upvote 0

Ask21771

Nov 19, 2016
United States
✟15,891.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Private
The deciding factor is: Is their intention to strengthen faith in Christ, or not? Read the Scripture definitions of false prophets and decide for yourself. The Scripture is quite clear about it if you take the time to study the references.
So anyone who speaks of an idealogy that doesn't match the Bible is a false prophet?

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟827,033.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
So anyone who speaks of an idealogy that doesn't match the Bible is a false prophet?
The definition of a false prophet in the Old Testament is one who give a prophecy that does not come to pass, or one that draws folk to worshiping and running after false gods. A New Testament prophet testifies of Jesus, because the spirit of prophecy is the testimony of Jesus.

Upvote 0

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
Duh!
I thought you had got it, I was wrong.
Ndes who publish books of their experiences are neither true nor false prophets. They are relating things as they saw them.

What they saw might be true of false, but that's not what false prophecy means.

If I see a video of history which has been doctored to present a false viewpoint, and then relate that video to someone, that does not make me a false prophet. It makes me deceived.

If I set out to create a video falsifying events of history, that certainly makes me a false reporter.
If I use that falsifying of events to draw people away from God, then that makes me a false prophet.
This is just one possibly example, but you need to let go of trying to associate NDE with false prophecy, its completely daft.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
Duh again!
Why this constant obsession with false prophets?

There are very few people who have a perfectly untainted biblical ideology -including you and me.
Most theologies are tainted in some way by man's fleshly ambitions, no matter how perfect we all think we are.

Look at it this way, if forum members didn't all have contradicting inaccurate imperfect or even foolish or deceitful theologies, everyone on this forum would be constantly in perfect agreement and harmony.

That there are so many arguments and disagreements on the forum surely demonstrates that most of us must at some time be false prophets!
Guilty as charged!

So @Ask21771 is everything you post perfect?
Is every conversation seasoned with salt?
Does everything you say draw people to Christ?
Have you mislead anyone about God's character recently?

Maybe you should go sit quietly in a corner till your theology is utterly perfected with no risk of you being branded a false prophet and burned at the stake with all the rest of us here! lol

Alternatively join the hearty discussions and learn from all the rough and tumble without getting too worried about false prophets.

Upvote 0

DreamerOfTheHeart

I Am What I Am
Jul 11, 2017
Houston
✟39,308.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm concerned near death experiences are deceptions used by the devil to turn people into false prophets here are the reasons why

1. Ndes themselves contradict the Bible
2. The ones who have ndes usually become less religious
3. They also gain psychic powers

No, and I do not know of any who gain psychic powers this way, except from a Stephen King movie.

God knew they were coming back. Visions are often what people need to see.

The real modern false prophets, I would suggest, are those who keep building on the illusion of Godless universe, ie, Scientific.

Upvote 0

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
I'm still confused as to what makes someone a false prophet
Why is the definition of false prophet such a problem to you? There have already been various explanations here that are quite reasonable. Ultimately, the meaning of "false prophet" is not precisely delineated in the bible.

Anyone giving a false message whilst claiming to speak for God can be termed a false prophet. But as I said previously, none of us are at all times perfectly correct in our messages.

Many Christian cults are led by false prophets. There primary intention is to get people to follow after them rather than Christ. They may even be born again Christians, but their message is false and their hearts are impure.

Upvote 0