Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I want this to stay in prayers because advice or any where else seems to be filled with cynical people.

So, my prayer request is that I find a church where I belong. :pray:

But, for my questions:

:preach: :liturgy::priest:
Is church a necessary part of salvation?

:groupray: :(
If going to church is necessary for salvation, then how can I become saved if I can never fit in the group? Many times when I go to churches or to their groups, I feel left out.

I can continue to bounce from church-to-church, but never fit in because I have poor interpersonal skills.

I am doing everything that I can at this current church, by signing up to volunteer for things, and I am trying to get plugged-in here. And, I've been coming here for almost a year. But, new comers, with much better people skills are already getting plugged in faster than me.

It's discouraging. What can I do to fit in?

Is church about fitting in? Are all weird people damned to burn in Hell?

Last edited:

nicedream

Senior Veteran
Aug 22, 2011
✟10,214.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
no...salvation is not about fitting in. Jesus did not fit in with everyone! but, on the other hand, because people might reject you, that doesn't mean that *they* are not saved.

we live in a fallen world. none of us are free from illness. we all get sick, some of us are mentally ill. but that doesn't mean we're not saved!! i have depression and anxiety, and i have found that not everyone has been given the spiritual gift to be able to understand and be compassionate towards my mental illness. but that's understandable. i have learned to seek out friends who are like me...who struggle with emotional problems. we understand each other, and we support each other. some are Christians, some are not.

i stopped going to church, simply because group dynamics tend to be difficult for me, and gossip has hurt me. even though i'm not bad...just different. people will gossip, and that is wrong on their part. but Jesus forgives them, too! i still read the Bible and pray on a daily basis. I talk about Jesus with my Christian friends, and witness to my non-Christian friends. I'm still walking with Jesus everyday, even though, because of emotional problems, church is not healthy for me right now.

i know, deep in my heart, that Jesus loves me. Jesus came to heal the sick...HE IS OUR FRIEND. He is our constant companion, and He understands us in a way that regular people cannot know. He knows your heart, dear one. Turn to Him. Put all your anxieties and fears into His hands. It sounds like you are already saved, you just have anxiety about it. Praying for you...

Upvote 0

Elshevia

Feb 29, 2008
England
✟9,141.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
UK-Labour
Hi, I agree with a good lot of what nicedream says, Church can be very dishearting to new converts, In stead of being very welcoming in their approach, they do not seem to care one way or another, whether you come or not,]. this may upset some hear on C.F. but it is what has happened to me in the past, is there not anything at your Church that you can join, for newish believers like a Bible study, it can be difficult at the start, but speak to the Pastor, and ask him, that is what he is there for, and don't be shy
about asking, and let me know how you get on, God Bless you, Elshevia.

Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,086,171.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I have seen many people express unhappiness with Churches, here on this forum.

Is Church necessary for salvation? Well, I'm not saying Churches, depending on which ones, can't be a great blessing, but as always search the Scriptures. Sometimes you have to know, though, what the actual word was before it was translated. I personally find it incredibly helpful to research 1st century history.

The word "Church" is actually a translation from the Greek of a Hebrew word meaning "ecclesia." This Hebrew word means the same in the "Old" Testament, namely, it just means a body of believers. "Church" has come to mean a big building with a cross on top that people go to on Sundays. History shows no such thing in the first few centuries A.D. The Apostles are seen going to the Synagogues on the Sabbath and fellowshipping with people on the Sabbath - sometimes that would fall into Sunday because per the Commandment, the Sabbath ends on Saturday evening - but people may prefer to keep fellowshipping as the sun goes down and Sunday begins. This is part of Jewish tradition still today.

Again, search the Scriptures. Yes, we are told not to forsake fellowshipping with others. Nowhere are we told to do this in a Church. Check it out. The Sabbath Coommandment tells us not to work on the Sabbath, not to cook, per Isaiah not to buy things as some Israelis did from pagans at their gates, to keep the day holy, to not let our animals or servants or "sojourners" in our homes work.

What do we see today? People go to Church, which they are never told to do, then go out to eat where others have to wait on them, buy and sell, maybe put in some hours at the office or at their computers, etc. do some housework, etc.

No, in short, I do not feel that you need to go to Church in order to be saved.

Praying you will find good fellowship at a Church or wherever Messiah wants you to find it. Remember, some people who go to Church are not going to Heaven, and some who don't, who are even currently unbelievers, are going to make it.

And btw you are called to be wierd in a way, part of a "peculiar people". The word "holy" actually means set apart.

Upvote 0

liars_paradox

Jun 8, 2009
North Carolina
✟9,505.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
no...salvation is not about fitting in. Jesus did not fit in with everyone! but, on the other hand, because people might reject you, that doesn't mean that *they* are not saved.

we live in a fallen world. none of us are free from illness. we all get sick, some of us are mentally ill. but that doesn't mean we're not saved!! i have depression and anxiety, and i have found that not everyone has been given the spiritual gift to be able to understand and be compassionate towards my mental illness. but that's understandable. i have learned to seek out friends who are like me...who struggle with emotional problems. we understand each other, and we support each other. some are Christians, some are not.

i stopped going to church, simply because group dynamics tend to be difficult for me, and gossip has hurt me. even though i'm not bad...just different. people will gossip, and that is wrong on their part. but Jesus forgives them, too! i still read the Bible and pray on a daily basis. I talk about Jesus with my Christian friends, and witness to my non-Christian friends. I'm still walking with Jesus everyday, even though, because of emotional problems, church is not healthy for me right now.

i know, deep in my heart, that Jesus loves me. Jesus came to heal the sick...HE IS OUR FRIEND. He is our constant companion, and He understands us in a way that regular people cannot know. He knows your heart, dear one. Turn to Him. Put all your anxieties and fears into His hands. It sounds like you are already saved, you just have anxiety about it. Praying for you...
I might not be saved if I continue to go on sinning, right? What does Saint John say about it in his first letter?

"No one who lives in [Jesus] keeps on sinning. No one who continues to sin has either seen him or known him."
1 John 3:6

Upvote 0
C

christsoccer

I want this to stay in prayers because advice or any where else seems to be filled with cynical people.

So, my prayer request is that I find a church where I belong. :pray:

But, for my questions:

:preach: :liturgy::priest:
Is church a necessary part of salvation?

:groupray: :(
If going to church is necessary for salvation, then how can I become saved if I can never fit in the group? Many times when I go to churches or to their groups, I feel left out.

I can continue to bounce from church-to-church, but never fit in because I have poor interpersonal skills.

I am doing everything that I can at this current church, by signing up to volunteer for things, and I am trying to get plugged-in here. And, I've been coming here for almost a year. But, new comers, with much better people skills are already getting plugged in faster than me.

It's discouraging. What can I do to fit in?

Is church about fitting in? Are all weird people damned to burn in Hell?

Praying that God gives you the clarity you seek and answers to your questions.
:prayer::prayer::prayer::prayer::prayer::groupray::groupray::groupray::groupray:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

liars_paradox

Jun 8, 2009
North Carolina
✟9,505.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I might not be saved if I continue to go on sinning, right? What does Saint John say about it in his first letter?

"No one who lives in [Jesus] keeps on sinning. No one who continues to sin has either seen him or known him."
1 John 3:6

What does anyone have to say about this? Does sinning end my salvation? Am I temporarily unsaved after every single time that I commit a sin?

Is the only way to be certain that I am truly saved is if I never sin for the rest of my life?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.