• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Are PD’s a curse?

Inagony

Feb 14, 2019
Texas
✟61,259.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
No, although they may certainly seem like it. Kindness and compassion can be learned; it is a choice people make. It's easier for some than others.

I’m kind to everyone. But I function out of my head, not my heart.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,226.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I’m kind to everyone. But I function out of my head, not my heart.
As long as you function in kindness - that is one definition of love.

There are plenty of people who are malicious in their heart and head who love their families and friends deeply - but Christ asked what credit was it to be good to your friends when everyone does that.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
in personality disorders that include lack of empathy & love, that have been present since childhood, it would seem these people were predestined for hell.
For example: Narcissism

Opinions please

There is debate as to whether personality disorders are genetic, or caused by environment. From all the reading i have done (and it is a ton), most mental health professionals believe a large part of the cause, is the environment one grew up in and how this shapes ones perceptions and develops certain survival mechanisms.

• Agree
Reactions: ChicanaRose
Upvote 0

Inagony

Feb 14, 2019
Texas
✟61,259.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
There is debate as to whether personality disorders are genetic, or caused by environment. From all the reading i have done (and it is a ton), most mental health professionals believe a large part of the cause, is the environment one grew up in and how this shapes ones perceptions and develops certain survival mechanisms.

Yes I was an over indulged child, I’m just now realizing my problems. It’s kind Of like I was two people, very self conscious yet very independent. Just crazy. In such turmoil.

• Prayers
Reactions: ChicanaRose
Upvote 0

ChicanaRose

Mar 26, 2019
west coast
✟75,698.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
in personality disorders that include lack of empathy & love, that have been present since childhood, it would seem these people were predestined for hell.
For example: Narcissism

Opinions please

Whatever happened in your childhood was out of your control thus not your fault.

However, if God leads you to healing as an adult (like bringing a Christian counselor into your life), and you refuse it, then that would no longer be your family's responsibility.

Upvote 0