Are now the 1000 years ruling of christians?

Goodhuman

Jan 7, 2020
dfgdfsgdf
✟58,992.00
Country
Cambodia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Are now the 1000 years ruling of christians? Is new jerusalem a spiritual city where we are living now and ruling? Because it is said: Revelation 11:8 And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified. Is it from year 2000 to 3000?

mlepfitjw

May you be blessed!
Jun 23, 2020
Alabama
✟44,897.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi, goodhuman, you have some good questions here that I would like to try to answer.

From my understanding for the ruling of Christians, we would have to look at the Lord Jesus Christ, who is the ruler of His Kingdom of Heaven.

A thousand years in Gods sight is like a day that has just gone by; and a day with the Lord is like a thousand years, and a thousand years is like a day. according to (Psalms 90:4, 2 Peter 3:8).

I believe that Lord Jesus Christ, has a ruling of an infinite amount of days. So Christians will be around forever, and that the Lord Jesus Christ will be ruling over His kingdom forever.

Is new jerusalem a spiritual city where we are living now and ruling?

The Heavenly Jerusalem is a spiritual city, where all believers end up going to be and live with God.

Because it is said: Revelation 11:8 And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified. Is it from year 2000 to 3000?

I believe this is referring to about 1,000,000 maybe (not sure the exact number) real life Christians that were going to be slaughtered in Jerusalem, because Jerusalem was going to see destruction.
I could be wrong anything that is wrong please disregard it.

Reactions: Arc F1
Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Are now the 1000 years ruling of christians? Is new jerusalem a spiritual city where we are living now and ruling? Because it is said: Revelation 11:8 And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified. Is it from year 2000 to 3000?
There are four views on the book of Revelation.
Historicist
Preterist
Futurist
Idealist
I am pointing this out because you will get a variety of answers that will most likely confuse you more. So in the interest of your sanity , I will answer your questions from the Preterist view. Important to note, I am a partial Preterist and not a full Preterist. I believe in the second comming of Jesus Christ of Nazareth.

Yes, we are now in reign with Jesus Christ of Nazareth spreading the Good News to the world. The 1000 years is symbolic for an unspecified amount of time until His return. The New Jerusalem is where all who are in the Body of Christ will live and reign forever with our King Jesus Christ of Nazareth in the Kingdom of God, known as the New Jerusalem. The dead bodies in the earthy Jerusalem was fulfilled in 70AD with the destruction of the Temple which ended that age.

Be blessed.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: mlepfitjw
Upvote 0

BrotherJJ

Jul 23, 2019
North America
✟167,013.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

Time of the gentiles
Luke 21:
23 But woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck, in those days! for there shall be great distress in the land, and wrath upon this people.

24 And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.

The world has been under gentile rule/governance since before Jesus 1st advent. Even though Israel is now in control of Jerusalem, it's a godless secular government.

When this earths God appointed King returns (the saints that will help him rule for 1000 years are with him (Zec 14:5, Jude 14, 15, 1 Thes 3:13, Tit 2:13, Rev 5:10, 20:6).

The 1000 yr Kingdom rule will begin lead by the King that literally comes from heaven. And the government will be on his shoulders (Isa 9:6)

To the verse you cited: great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, is todays physical Jerusalem. The spiritual heavenly Jerusalem is where Jesus goes to prepare a place. (Jn 14:1-3)

Two Jerusalem's: Earthly & Heavenly

Jerusalem from the Hebrew Yerushalayim. Hebrew nouns ending in ""im"" are always plural

Whenever we say the word or read about Jerusalem. We are saying Jerusalem's.

Throughout scripture two kingdoms: physical & spiritual are revealed.

Cain physical, Abel spiritual
Ishmael physical, Isaac spiritual (See Gal 4:22-31)
Esau physical, Jacob spiritual
Israel physical, Body of Christ/Church spiritual
Adam physical, Christ Spiritual (1 Cor 15:45)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,472.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
In Matthew 24:29-31 I looks to me like Jesus is giving an historical prediction. And I simply understand the thousand years comes after Jesus comes to receive His people.

I would say Christians now are not ruling this world, in any case, the way people will be ruled during the thousand years. However, we get the best possible results, now, by praying and trusting and obeying God in His peace.

Is new jerusalem a spiritual city where we are living now and ruling?
Well, like I mean, we rule by means of trusting how God manages people and circumstances but also personally guides us in coordination with how He is in all-control.

And our Apostle Paul says there is "the Jerusalem above" which is "free" and "the mother of us all" . . . in Galatians 4:26.

Because it is said: Revelation 11:8 And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified. Is it from year 2000 to 3000?
This could be talking about the Jerusalem which is below, and not free, and certainly not the mother who has given birth to us who are born again.

Upvote 0