timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,820.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Circumstantial evidence points that Muhammad was either Jew or had Jewish influence in founding Islam.

There are more parallels between Islam and Judaism than in any other religion.

So the God of the Muslims and Orthodox Jews are probably the same but not with our God.

Remember what Jesus said about the Jews in John 8:44:

You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies.

Reactions: bangmegafan
Upvote 0

sdowney717

Apr 20, 2013
✟102,598.00
Faith
Christian
Ephesians 3, and other scripture tells us God created all things through Christ.
So when they worship an 'Allah', they are not worshipping Christ who is God.
And this knowledge has been hidden until the Christ was revealed to the world.
If you have seen Christ, you have seen the Father, as Christ and the Father are One.
If you worship the Christ, you worship the Father.
You can not have one without the other.

8 To me, who am less than the least of all the saints, this grace was given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ, 9 and to make all see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the ages has been hidden in God who created all things through Jesus Christ;10 to the intent that now the manifold wisdom of God might be made known by the church to the principalities and powers in the heavenly places, 11 according to the eternal purpose which He accomplished in Christ Jesus our Lord, 12 in whom we have boldness and access with confidence through faith in Him. 13 Therefore I ask that you do not lose heart at my tribulations for you, which is your glory.

Upvote 0

Ken Behrens

Sep 5, 2016
Milford, Delaware, USA
Visit site
✟32,775.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
In my experience, it is exactly half and half among Christians. Almost exactly half think Allah is the same Being we call God, and hence Jehovah. Almost exactly half think Allah is a pagan god, the one of a pantheon who survived Mohammed. I am in the first half, having studied Mohammed's background.

By the way, the word "Jehovah" is an invention of the KJV translators. It does not exist in the original.

Upvote 0

bangmegafan

May 31, 2016
India
✟42,136.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Forget abt names

Muslims are praying to some God who they belive has created earth and universe

If so, are their prayers answered by the father of Jesus

In fact anyone who prays to God, who supposed to create everything - are their prayers answered by the one who created all

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk

Upvote 0

sdowney717

Apr 20, 2013
✟102,598.00
Faith
Christian
If you want to worship the Creator, His revealed name is not Allah, but Christ His Son who is the express image of God Himself.
A God with a face, born as a man, who had to be made like His brethren to redeem them from their sins. Someone who could be like His people whom He had made.

verse 14 says, "Inasmuch then as the children have partaken of flesh and blood, He Himself likewise shared in the same, that through death He might destroy him who had the power of death, that is, the devil, "

Hebrews 1New King James Version (NKJV)
God’s Supreme Revelation
1 God, who at various times and in various ways spoke in time past to the fathers by the prophets, 2 has in these last days spoken to us by His Son, whom He has appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the worlds;3 who being the brightness of His glory and the express image of His person, and upholding all things by the word of His power, when He had by Himself purged our sins, sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high, 4 having become so much better than the angels, as He has by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.

Hebrews 2
10 For it was fitting for Him, for whom are all things and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons to glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings. 11 For both He who sanctifies and those who are being sanctified are all of one, for which reason He is not ashamed to call them brethren, 12 saying:

“I will declare Your name to My brethren;
In the midst of the assembly I will sing praise to You.”

13 And again:

“I will put My trust in Him.”

And again:

“Here am I and the children whom God has given Me.”

14 Inasmuch then as the children have partaken of flesh and blood, He Himself likewise shared in the same, that through death He might destroy him who had the power of death, that is, the devil, 15 and release those who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage. 16 For indeed He does not give aid to angels, but He does give aid to the seed of Abraham. 17 Therefore, in all things He had to be made like His brethren, that He might be a merciful and faithful High Priest in things pertaining to God, to make propitiation for the sins of the people. 18 For in that He Himself has suffered, being tempted, He is able to aid those who are tempted.

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
By the way ... "Allah" just means "God". Even Christians in the Mideast call God "Allah" and they are not confused, and do not mean the "god of the Muslims".

I think the answer to the question depends on what exactly is being asked.

Muslims (if I am told correctly) accept the history of the Old Testament, do they not, and call themselves children of Abraham? They see God as the God of Abraham, the creator of all. So in that sense, they ARE talking to the same God.

However, they have many misconceptions about God. If we see a self-proclaimed Christian who has very, very different ideas about who Christ is - such as that He was only a "good man" or didn't actually rise from the dead, then that "Christian's" faith is not in the actual Christ. That would certainly be "another Gospel". The Muslim's "God" appears much the same to Christians and Jews.

Now, does God hear their prayers? I'm not going to presume to say what God does or does not do with regards to a particular man. I would imagine that, just as with us, He sees the heart and the intent, and He knows the right thing to do and does it, based on that perfect knowledge.

Upvote 0

AlexDTX

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
✟328,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have got this question as Muslims God in quran is also Jehovah but they call him as Allah

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk
No, they are not. Jehovah is not God's name, nor was it ever God's name. Jehovah is a name created by the Masoretic Jews of 900 AD who invented the vowel system for Hebrew script as a means to not lose the pronunciation of Hebrew words. The Tetragrammaton of God's name transliterates into YHVH or YHWH depending on the Hebrew dialect. Since the Jews do not same the name of God, thinking it is too sacred to speak calling the Lord, Ha Shem, or The Name, the Masorites inserted the vowels of Adonai, meanine our Lord, create the name Jehovah from the Tetragrammaton. His name was pronounced Yahveh or Yahweh.

But that is a side trail because that is no longer his name. When Yahweh the Word was incarnated into the man Yeshua, or Jesus in English, that became his name. There is no other name by which a man may call upon the Lord. Muslims must pray to Jesus. They do not because they see Jesus as a prophet, but not as God. Allah is merely the Arabic for the Hebrew Eloah, which simply means God. God is not his name, nor was it ever. It is a title like president which means The Good in English, but in Arabic and Hebrew it means, The Strength.

Reactions: 4x4toy
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
When Yahweh the Word was incarnated into the man Yeshua, or Jesus in English, that became his name.

I may be misunderstanding you, but that sounds like you are suggesting modalism? God the Father did not become incarnate.

That's a side issue, but if it's being used as an answer, it would only be a possible answer for those who are not Nicene Christians.

I'm not looking to argue, but I thought this bears pointing out.

Upvote 0

Greg J.

Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2016
Southeast Michigan
✟233,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There are things that hinder our prayers to God (1 Peter 3:7). The biggest one is not having yielded to God's Lordship (Hebrews 5:7). Other big ones are not having forgiven someone (Matthew 6:14-15) or not resolving a situation where someone has something against you (Matthew 5:23-24).

In other words, sin hinders our prayers to God, and we've all sinned.

Does an adherent to Islam (or anyone else) pray to a God who has already forgiven their sins? Has that God already finished the work of forgiving their sins through the voluntary death of God's Son? If not, why does the person believe they are forgiven? Are the prayers made to a God who has given the person rebirth with the spiritual nature of the Son of God, who is indwelt by God, and has spiritual unity with God?

Upvote 0

AlexDTX

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
✟328,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I may be misunderstanding you, but that sounds like you are suggesting modalism? God the Father did not become incarnate.

That's a side issue, but if it's being used as an answer, it would only be a possible answer for those who are not Nicene Christians.

I'm not looking to argue, but I thought this bears pointing out.
The Word became flesh. The Word is considered God the Son. But we also need to remember the Yaweh our God is one God. The Word is God. The name of God now is Jesus, not Yahweh. Revelations tells us that Jesus will also have a new name in the future. Praying to Allah is to pray to no one. Although God does see the heart and when ignorant of who He is, those who truly are seeking Him will have a message directing them towards Jesus, whether by dreams or by evangelist.

No one gets saved by the doctrine of the Trinity. They are saved when they realize that God became the man Jesus. The doctrine of the Trinity serves only one purpose, to understand how God could become a man yet remain the eternal Spirit who created all things.

I know you don't mean to argue, but beware of putting God in the box of doctrines created by men. The distinction of God the Father, God the Son and God the Spirit tends to create further confusion. I do not believe the when Jesus prayed to the Father that he was making the distinction of the Trinity. God as a whole is our Father. I also believe that Jesus prayed as a created man, so he was also addressing the Word within him.

Doctrines on God should be simple. He did not make salvation hard. We make it hard by drawing academic lines, which may well be correct, but tend to bring more confusion.

Reactions: 4x4toy
Upvote 0

4x4toy

Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟116,025.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
No, they are not. Jehovah is not God's name, nor was it ever God's name. Jehovah is a name created by the Masoretic Jews of 900 AD who invented the vowel system for Hebrew script as a means to not lose the pronunciation of Hebrew words. The Tetragrammaton of God's name transliterates into YHVH or YHWH depending on the Hebrew dialect. Since the Jews do not same the name of God, thinking it is too sacred to speak calling the Lord, Ha Shem, or The Name, the Masorites inserted the vowels of Adonai, meanine our Lord, create the name Jehovah from the Tetragrammaton. His name was pronounced Yahveh or Yahweh.

But that is a side trail because that is no longer his name. When Yahweh the Word was incarnated into the man Yeshua, or Jesus in English, that became his name. There is no other name by which a man may call upon the Lord. Muslims must pray to Jesus. They do not because they see Jesus as a prophet, but not as God. Allah is merely the Arabic for the Hebrew Eloah, which simply means God. God is not his name, nor was it ever. It is a title like president which means The Good in English, but in Arabic and Hebrew it means, The Strength.

Correct Alex , YHWH was unpronounceable for a reason . There remains no name for God the Father that I know of .. Yeshua (Jesus) is the only name and God we can call on for salvation , he is the great "I AM" ..

Reactions: AlexDTX
Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
The Word became flesh. The Word is considered God the Son. But we also need to remember the Yaweh our God is one God. The Word is God. The name of God now is Jesus, not Yahweh. Revelations tells us that Jesus will also have a new name in the future. Praying to Allah is to pray to no one. Although God does see the heart and when ignorant of who He is, those who truly are seeking Him will have a message directing them towards Jesus, whether by dreams or by evangelist.

No one gets saved by the doctrine of the Trinity. They are saved when they realize that God became the man Jesus. The doctrine of the Trinity serves only one purpose, to understand how God could become a man yet remain the eternal Spirit who created all things.

I know you don't mean to argue, but beware of putting God in the box of doctrines created by men. The distinction of God the Father, God the Son and God the Spirit tends to create further confusion. I do not believe the when Jesus prayed to the Father that he was making the distinction of the Trinity. God as a whole is our Father. I also believe that Jesus prayed as a created man, so he was also addressing the Word within him.

Doctrines on God should be simple. He did not make salvation hard. We make it hard by drawing academic lines, which may well be correct, but tend to bring more confusion.

Forgive me please, I think you misunderstood my intent.

No, perfect doctrine does not save. I've said that many times on this site. But a certain understanding is necessary, at least beyond conversion, and to me it seems an important distinction that indeed the Word (the Son) became flesh. So we agree on that point.

God be with you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AlexDTX

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
✟328,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Forgive me please, I think you misunderstood my intent.

No, perfect doctrine does not save. I've said that many times on this site. But a certain understanding is necessary, at least beyond conversion, and to me it seems an important distinction that indeed the Word (the Son) became flesh. So we agree on that point.

God be with you.
And God be with you, too. Yes, you have stated as such with me and elsewhere, but our answers are not for one another only, but others who read as well.

Reactions: ~Anastasia~
Upvote 0