Are Moslems more Tolerant than Christians?

OttovonBismarck

Iron Chancellor
Apr 22, 2004
✟8,102.00
Faith
Lutheran
I don't understand. You want me to provide evidence that Jesus was right and Muhammad wrong? I tried my best to explain there is no such evidence only faith.

P.S. You asked me earlier how you slandered me. The words "stupid" and "screwy" are slanderous calumny, contumacious ad hominem.

The argument has never been "Who is following the correct faith" but instead "Prove that Allah is connected to a moon god". Which you have failed horribly at doing.

I have never attacked you, I'm just getting tired of how you won't add any real substance to the topic but instead keep making irrelevant statements. And how the heck have I been "contumacious ad hominem"? For one thing, when have you ever been in a position of authority over me?

Upvote 0

philthemuslim

Aug 17, 2007
✟7,655.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Married
TOLERANCE IN ISLAM

It would appear that historically, Christianity has no claim to being more tolerant than their Islamic counterparts. :bow:

To get back to the original point. I think Islam probably has been more tolerant primarily because we have been less expansionist, but I don't believe the distinction is as great as the article indicates.

We Muslims have had out fair share of despots and tyrants and while people can argue that there is a difference between the religion and the ruler, it is of cold comfort when you are at the wrong end of an invading army regardless of their "faith".

History though is hard to firmly evaluate and contextualise on this basis.

After all we find it hard to say which religion is the more tolerant now. Posts on this forum point to Jihad and self styled Fatwas, posts on islamic forums point to guidance sought before invading Iraq or to Christian Nazi movements beheading Muslims in Russia.

How can you balance one against the other. How much harder is it to balance the events of the last millenium against one another with precious little evidence.

Anyway that is my $.02 worth.

Cheers.

Upvote 0

tuke

Oct 12, 2005
Florida
Visit site
✟7,883.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The argument has never been "Who is following the correct faith" but instead "Prove that Allah is connected to a moon god". Which you have failed horribly at doing....
That may have been the argument you most wanted to pursue, but the theme of this thread is to contrast Islam with Christianity.
You made the statement that Allah and God are the same semitic deity. I countered that the Koran says Allah has no Son and the Bible says God does, so they can't be the same.

Upvote 0

OttovonBismarck

Iron Chancellor
Apr 22, 2004
✟8,102.00
Faith
Lutheran
That may have been the argument you most wanted to pursue, but the theme of this thread is to contrast Islam with Christianity.
You made the statement that Allah and God are the same semitic deity. I countered that the Koran says Allah has no Son and the Bible says God does, so they can't be the same.

What's your point? Will you deny the Jews worship the same God? You do realize Arabic speaking Christians also call God Allah, right? Or that our own word, God, comes from the Germanic word Gott which has a very pagan root. Or what about the Latin Deus? Which probably used by many more Christian world wide than the word "God". Deus has similar origins to the word Zeus. So do French, Spanish, Italian, etc. worship Zeus? Are they praying to Zeus? I doubt you'd seriously even consider believing that. So why would Muslim, who pray to a god with a name history closer to that of the Jewish God, be wrong simply because of the name of the deity they're praying to? It's screwed up logic.

Upvote 0

ShieldOFaith

Aug 18, 2007
✟3,544.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
TOLERANCE IN ISLAM
http://www.cyberistan.org/islamic/toleran1.html

It would appear that historically, Christianity has no claim to being more tolerant than their Islamic counterparts. :bow:
Weak!

The Inquisition was not Real Christians. It was Roman Empire catholics (catholic/universal) that were doing the killing ...ect.

Many Real Christians were buthchered like common farm animals during the inquisition. So don't put that trash on us!!! Don't!

Here are your tolerant Muslims:
===================================================

13) Slaughter of all Jews in Khaybar
Date: September 628 A.D
Place: Khaybar and surrounding areas
Victims: Over 500 Jews of Khaybar
Khaybar was the wealthiest Oasis in the Hejaz. The settlement of neutral Jews who inhabited the Oasis were known for their business acumen. Over the years, they had by their own efforts, sweat and toil converted the small Oasis into a flourishing Trade Center of agricultural goods. They were renowned for their extreme generosity, good naturedness and peacability. In other words, the small jewel of a town was like the juiciest piece of meat, which a Vulture like Mohammed could never resist. Mohammed could no longer control his slavering desire to attack Khaybar. His immense greed for the fabulous wealth of the Oasis had overwhelmed him. He had been systematically eradicatiing all the potential tribes that could support Khaybar. Allies of the Khaybar Jews, like the Bedouin Tribe of Ghatafan and the Jewish Tribe of Banu S'ad had been cold bloodedly eliminated and exhorted so that Khaybar would be without friends. The Prophet set out with 1600 men and laid siege to the Oasis. Although greatly outnumbered, the brave Jews fought bravely and staved off the bloodthirsty Mob of Muslims, for over 14 days. In the end the sheer disadvantage of numbers and the starving state of their children forced the Jews to surrender. They emerged with all their, weapons, foodstuffs and wealth, pleading only for the lives of themselves and their families. Instead the Exalted Messenger of Peace, instructed his army to do exactly as they pleased. The frenzied Muslims pounced upon the helpless Jews and murdered every man they could lay their hands on. Women and children were raped brutally and repeatedly . The Prophet led the way as usual. His eye had fallen upon the most beautiful captive in Khaybar, a Jewess called Safia Bint Huyay. As she stood there traumatised and anguished at having just witnessed her father and fiancee being hacked to pieces, the Prophet threw his cloak on her to claim as his booty. Minutes later he savagely consummated his "marriage" to her in a sand dune with the blood and gore of Jihad still covering him, even Saifya's father's blood, no doubt. There was no time for a sponsor, dowry, sending out invitations, or a wedding feast, in fact, Muhammed forgot his own law of waiting until her next monthly period had passed. Today we call that rape, but according to the Prophet of Allah, he was just securing her with the bonds of "holy Matrimony". Indeed the Prophet had committed himself to saving widows in need by marrying them! The remaining women and children who were rounded up were traded in the slave market or retained to be brought up as brainwashed sex slaves, professing Islam.
Allah's Divine Injunctions had naturally preceded the carnage at Khaybar. As usual the Merciful Allah condoned the slaughter, plunder and rapine committed by Mohammed and his band. :
Koran 33:26

"And those of the People of the Book (Jews) who Aided Them (Meccans) - Allah did take them from their strongholds and cast terror into their hearts, so that Some Ye Slew and Some Ye made Prisoners. And he made you heirs of their Lands, their Houses, and their Goods. And of a Land, which Ye had not frequented before (Khaybar) and Allah has Power over all things." --

Genocide committed in the name of Allah: 3,000,000 Bangladeshi Hindus Killed during the Pakistan-Bangladesh war in 1971. From 1894 to 1896 Abdul Hamid, Sultan of the Ottoman Empire, killed 150,000 Armenian Christians. In India, Sikh Guru Tegh Bahadur along with his disciples was burned to death by the Moghul ruler Aurangzeb in 1675. Another Sikh, Bhai Mati Das was sawn into right and left halves while he was still alive. In July 1974, 4,000 Christians living in Cyprus were killed by Fahri Koroturk, president of Turkey and his Islamic army. From 1843 to 1846 10,000 Assyrian Christians including women and children were massacred by the Muslims. From 1915 to 1918 750,000 Assyrians were killed in the name of Islamic Jihad. In 1933 thousands of Assyrian villagers were murdered by the Iraqi soldiers in Northern Iraq. Since 1990 more than 10,000 Kashmiri Hindus have been brutally murdered by Islamic fundamentalists. Over 280,000 Ugandans killed during the reign of Idi Amin from 1971 to 1979. Over 30,000 Mauritanians have been killed by the Islamic dictators since 1960. In 1980, 20,000 Syrians were murdered under the rule of Hafez Al-Assad, President of Syria. Since 1992 120,000 Algerians have been murdered by the Islamic fundamentalist army.----Jai Maharaj

So much for tolernce.

Upvote 0

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟155,006.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
The idea that Spain became 99% Catholic in the years following Ferdinand and Isabella is the numerical proof that Spanish Catholicism was not the most tolerant of religions.

So, the idea that Turkey is now 99 % Muslim in spite of the fact that its territory was the very heartland of Orthodox Christianity likewise is a convincing numeric proof that the Ottoman form Islam also is no more tolerant than Christianity was in its least tolerant forms.
Similar numbers are the norm as well in many other Islamic nations, and the trend is more and more to becoming more Judenfrein than Europe in the 1940's, and now more Christian-free than at any other time in Islamic history as well.

Certainly when it comes to pagans and those peoples who are not the Koranic People of the Book, Islam has not had a history of showing pity at all. Hindu Kush, after all, signifies the complete genocide of Hindus in Afghanistan.

But as long as the taxes were being paid, and enough Christian and Jewish slaves were being collected from the children of the Jews and Christians, Islam has at times been quite tolerant. Tolerance, after all, can be a fairly profitable venture, once the dhimmis understand their proper place in society, and become subserrvient enough to pay the tax rate that their position in Sharia society decrees that they must pay.

Upvote 0

OttovonBismarck

Iron Chancellor
Apr 22, 2004
✟8,102.00
Faith
Lutheran
The idea that Spain became 99% Catholic in the years following Ferdinand and Isabella is the numerical proof that Spanish Catholicism was not the most tolerant of religions.

So, the idea that Turkey is now 99 % Muslim in spite of the fact that its territory was the very heartland of Orthodox Christianity likewise is a convincing numeric proof that the Ottoman form Islam also is no more tolerant than Christianity was in its least tolerant forms.
Similar numbers are the norm as well in many other Islamic nations, and the trend is more and more to becoming more Judenfrein than Europe in the 1940's, and now more Christian-free than at any other time in Islamic history as well.

Certainly when it comes to pagans and those peoples who are not the Koranic People of the Book, Islam has not had a history of showing pity at all. Hindu Kush, after all, signifies the complete genocide of Hindus in Afghanistan.

But as long as the taxes were being paid, and enough Christian and Jewish slaves were being collected from the children of the Jews and Christians, Islam has at times been quite tolerant. Tolerance, after all, can be a fairly profitable venture, once the dhimmis understand their proper place in society, and become subserrvient enough to pay the tax rate that their position in Sharia society decrees that they must pay.

Teheheh. Misinformation and demagoguery. Heheh.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟155,006.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Upvote 0

OttovonBismarck

Iron Chancellor
Apr 22, 2004
✟8,102.00
Faith
Lutheran
http://hnn.us/articles/7603.htm

They're coming to take me away, ha-haaa!!
They're coming to take me away, ho-ho, tee-hee, heh-hee
To the funny farm. Where life is beautiful all the time and I'll be
happy to see those nice young men in their clean white coats and they're
coming to take me away, ha-haaa!!!!!

Page Not Found

The page you are looking for could not be found. Perhaps you would like to search for it below.

?

Upvote 0