✟29,071.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Do you at least love those Jews?
Stop pretending to be stupid by asking stupid questions unrelated to the OP, will ya? That way I don't have to put you on my ignore list which would make you my first.

Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟731,390.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Yes, I believe Jews (Israelites) are included in the Lord's first covenant. So IMO God's chosen people will be saved, not only because they observe all of the feast days but because they brought out the messiah Jesus Christ who was slain for our sins.

Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟731,390.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
It appears, the only criteria for being reckoned as a Jew is to simply say “I am a Jew” and viola! you are God’s chosen people.
I think it takes more than that like getting circumcised (if you are not), classes on Jewish doctrine, and being baptized as a Jew

Upvote 0

Canuckster

Nov 21, 2022
Calgary
✟29,071.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
It appears, the only criteria for being reckoned as a Jew is to simply say “I am a Jew” and viola! you are God’s chosen people.
I think the terrified Persians during the time of Mordecai, who just finished slaughtering 75,000 Persians (not including women and children), had to do a little more than that, which definitely involved circumcision and some money.

Upvote 0

Second Time is the Charm

Feb 17, 2023
The South
✟14,121.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Stop pretending to be stupid by asking stupid questions unrelated to the OP, will ya? That way I don't have to put you on my ignore list which would make you my first.
So that means you don't? Even if those Jews get saved? A person in the Lamb's Book of Life would love the people that God loves. Those Jews who are saved will love even you. Will you love them then?

(Go ahead and put me on your ignore list. *Shrug* No loss to me. :))

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟276,616.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
a false dilemma is a logical fallacy that presents only two options or sides when there are many options or sides.
"Now" is either at the time of the assertion, or it's not.

Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟797,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think it takes more than that like getting circumcised (if you are not), classes on Jewish doctrine, and being baptized as a Jew
Well, the end result is the same. Anyone can choose to be one of God’s chosen people, the Jews, if they want.

Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟797,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think the terrified Persians during the time of Mordecai, who just finished slaughtering 75,000 Persians (not including women and children), had to do a little more than that, which definitely involved circumcision and some money.
Sure… but that doesn’t change the end result. Anyone on the planet can, at any time, all on their own, freely choose to become one of God’s chosen people, the Jews.

Which kinda takes the “Gods Chosen” out of the phrase “Gods Chosen People”, Doesn’t it?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Canuckster

Nov 21, 2022
Calgary
✟29,071.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Which kinda takes the “Gods Chosen” out of the phrase “Gods Chosen People”, Doesn’t it?
It sure does…. especially with the example I gave with forced conversion en masse. We know Christ won’t choose anyone who’s been “converted” in such a manner. However, because of all the intermarrying and conversions going back to the time of Mordecai, that were strictly forbidden according to the law and are the results of the traditions of Judaism (an anti-Christ old covenant heresy), the vast majority of “Jews” today don’t have a drop of Israel’s blood and fall in the category of those the Lord speaks about in Revelation 3: 9. These are not the “Chosen Ones” but the fortunate ones. Fortunate because even though they belonged to the “synagogue of Satan” their lives are spared and shown mercy as they are forced to worship at the feet of the saints, where Christ says, “indeed I will make them come and worship before your feet, and to know that I have loved you.” The fact that they will come to this acknowledgment while having their lives spared is a great blessing resulting from Christ’s love and mercy.

Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟797,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It sure does…. especially with the example I gave with forced conversion en masse. We know Christ won’t choose anyone who’s been “converted” in such a manner.
So all those native Americans that the Settlers and missionaries and conquistadors converted en masse to Christianity at gunpoint weren’t actually saved once they converted?

However, because of all the intermarrying and conversions going back to the time of Mordecai, that were strictly forbidden according to the law and are the results of the traditions of Judaism (an anti-Christ old covenant heresy), the vast majority of “Jews” today don’t have a drop of Israel’s blood

I believe the facts tell the opposite story.
Genetics, mathematics and history all agree.
Thanks to 2000 years of natural dispersion, the Abrahamic/Jacobian genome is present in the entirety of humanity today. There is NOBODY without Israel’s blood in them today.
Nobody.

Genetic Israel is a BIG club, and we’re all in it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟731,390.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Well, the end result is the same. Anyone can choose to be one of God’s chosen people, the Jews, if they want.
Well, I'm not getting circumcised for anybody's God.

Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟731,390.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Apparently I was circumcised for the god of western medicine.
It's more hygienic and a neater package. So yeah, you could walk right into the nation of Israel. I would have a bigger obstacle to get over. But I would stick with the new covenant anyway. I need an advocate for my sins.

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟276,616.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Just because the Old Covenant does not apply to us in the Body of Christ NOW, it does not automatically means the New Covenant apply to us NOW.
You're kidding, right?. . .this is bizarre.

The blood of the new covenant (Lk 22:20, 1 Co 11:25) does not apply NOW, and salvation by faith in and trust on the person and atoning work (blood, Ro 3:25) of Jesus Christ does not apply NOW, meaning no one is saved NOW?

And just where is that found in authoritative NT apostolic teaching?
Where do you come up with this stuff that stands the NT on its head?

Last edited:
Upvote 0