Are Jehovah’s witnesses actually Christian?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟905,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don’t know if this is the right place to post the Thread. But anyway Are Jehovah’s witnesses actually Christian according to God? I think so even though i don’t like their shunning practices but do you think they Are Christian?
No they are not Christian. They do not believe Jesus Christ of Nazareth is God in the flesh. Blessings.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,303.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
-​
As a whole, meaning what their church professes to believe. They would not be considered to be believers, as i believe they reject Jesus as The only begotten Son of God, The promised Messiah from the prophecies of The Tanakh (Old Testament).

With that said there may be individual people in that church who do believe that Jesus is who He said He is and has trusted in/believed in Jesus (The Messiah) for God free gift of Eternal Life.

Only God knows and possibly the believer, but if one is a believer, not sure why they would what to stay in that church.

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟141,777.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
  • Agree
Reactions: ChetSinger
Upvote 0

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟838,850.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
do you think they Are Christian?

I know they reject the Trinity and, thus, an orthodox understanding of the incarnation. That's a significant departure from orthodox faith. That much can't be denied. You asked if God considers them Christian. I'm not sure what you're asking. If you are asking if God will save them, I don't think anyone can know how God judges them. If you're asking if God considers them orthodox in doctrine, I wouldn't think so since orthodox Christianity is Trinitarian by definition.

• Agree
Reactions: The Liturgist
Upvote 0

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I don’t know if this is the right place to post the Thread. But anyway Are Jehovah’s witnesses actually Christian according to God? I think so even though i don’t like their shunning practices but do you think they Are Christian?

Seeing how they avoid the name Christian and eschew traditional Christian doctrine like the Trinity the answer is no....

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟241,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
They reject the Trinity and do not see Jesus as God.

They believe Jesus died on a pole, his physical body was destroyed, and he later became St. Michael the Archangel.

They reject the physical resurrection of the Body, and believe the cross is an apostate symbol.

They have their own re-written version of Scripture.

According to CF standards, they are not.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

2PhiloVoid

Downhill Prevention!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,132,565.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟838,850.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yes, one single pole with no cross bar ... not that it matters much, I suppose. :rolleyes:

That's fascinating. Yeah, I just looked it up. I'm trying think of the mechanics of that with nails in each hand, but I think I'll just stop.

Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟215,243.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I tend to be more interested in Mormons (there seems to be more of them in my area), & tend to forget what Jehovah’s Witness believe. In addition to what’s been said, they are very works gives you salvation as well.

Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Let Your Light Shine.. Matt 5:16
Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟895,522.00
Faith
Christian
I tend to be more interested in Mormons (there seems to be more of them in my area), & tend to forget what Jehovah’s Witness believe. In addition to what’s been said, they are very works gives you salvation as well.
I've talked and debated Mormon's enough in this life. They aren't Christians but as I equated some could be Christian in spite of their teachings but sooner or later will have to choose who God is and if they are more interested in being a god or am content with there being only one God.

Reactions: DragonFox91
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
if one is a believer, not sure why they would what to stay in that church.
I have been told that certain Jehovah's Witnesses have gotten saved and then they have stayed in order to reach family members and friends who are still there.

And one guy I knew said he stayed and would say things during meetings; and then they had him leave.

Another item > as far as I know > the mainstream Jehovah's Witnesses do not consider Trinitarian people to be Christians. They consider those in their group to be the only children of God.

Are Jehovah’s witnesses actually Christian according to God?
While you might be wondering if they are Christians, they seem to believe that you are not one!

In talking with ones outside, I have offered certain things about how God lives in us, and ones have outrightly denied that God personally communicates with His children and personally works in a child of God to do what God wants. But it is written >

"for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure." (Philippians 2:13)

And He shares His own love with each of us > "in our hearts" >

"Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us." (Romans 5:5)

And they deny that the Holy Spirit is God. Yet, I would offer that only God can be the Spirit of His own love. So, if the Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God's love, then I think it is reasonable that the Holy Spirit is God.

And God is this personally sharing with each of us, in His own love "in our hearts".

But there seem to be Trinitarian people who also do not find God to be this personal with us. But this is a basic, I get through Colossians 3:15 >

"And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which also you were called in one body; and be thankful." (Colossians 3:15)

God commands all of us to be personally ruled by Him in His peace in our "hearts". This is a basic of Christianity.

So, when I meet with a Jehovah's Witness, I might invite the person to share about what the person is personally discovering and experiencing about Jesus and God's word. Each one is unique, God knows what is going on with each one.

Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Let Your Light Shine.. Matt 5:16
Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟895,522.00
Faith
Christian
Another item > as far as I know > the mainstream Jehovah's Witnesses do not consider Trinitarian people to be Christians. They consider those in their group to be the only children of God.

While you might be wondering if they are Christians, they seem to believe that you are not one!
Mormons may not say the same but when they come to your door and you tell them you are a Christian they still want to convert you and I wasn't impressed with 17 year old teen boys with Elder badges on them

Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Traditional Liturgical Christian
Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟474,706.00
Country
United States
Faith
Generic Orthodox Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Mormons may not say the same but when they come to your door and you tell them you are a Christian they still want to convert you and I wasn't impressed with 17 year old teen boys with Elder badges on them

Well they make 12 year old boys Deacons, so go figure...

In answer to the OP, I think we can conclude with some confidence that the J/W sect is not Christian.

Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟215,243.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I did a little research & they don't believe Christ was resurrected in the flesh either. Jesus resurrecting in the flesh on the 3rd day is an essential Christian doctrine.

Do I think God considers them Christian? I'm not sure, but they are walking a dangerous path. Their cult-like behavior is just as dangerous as any theology beliefs they have.

• Agree
Reactions: The Liturgist
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟911,317.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

They accept the Bible and they accept that Jesus died for our sins. But they have a lot of bad doctrines including the one where they deny the trinity.

It is also true that between valid Christian denominations there are also doctrinal differences.

Communist countries like N. Korea, Cuba, China and to a lesser extent Russia - have "prison states" where they control their own population by "not letting them out". JW's don't "allow" their people to read the material of other denominations, of an opposing POV etc. And the don't "allow" someone to hold an opinion not sanctions by their group of 8 at the Watchtower. So they have a lot of "extremes" that people say put them out of the bounds of Christianity.

I did a little research & they don't believe Christ was resurrected in the flesh either. Jesus resurrecting in the flesh on the 3rd day is an essential Christian doctrine.

Do I think God considers them Christian? I'm not sure, but they are walking a dangerous path. Their cult-like behavior is just as dangerous as any theology beliefs they have.

yeah that is a big one.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.