Are homosexuals more at risk for STI and HIV ?

• More at risk

• Equally at risk

• Less at risk

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenny the Fox

Apr 21, 2009
Rock Hill, SC
Visit site
✟23,619.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Like it or not, this is what has been observed.

Much like the fact that the vast majority of black swans are male-male couples in the wild. Something like 8% of male rams prefer to mount males - granted that is observed in captivity. Bonobos are almost completely "bisexual" - in that they very frequently engage in female-female and male-male sexual activity.

See it how you like, but it happens.

Upvote 0
E

Elysium

Of course long before no-fault divorce and "passion pit" dates to drive-in movies, marriage vows for keeps meant for keeps and there were chaperones to make sure the two daters weren't getting intimate. Back then heteros weren't so much like "rutting animals." That's what was probably referred to--not now when even grade-school children are given a "how-to" course and not just a "don't fool around or you could get diseases" course. ;) You are correct, nowadays morals have gone to "the place of eternal punishment" in a handbasket.

you might be living in a bubble
because adultery and fornication arent new and they arent a symptom of modern culture
history is rank with stories of infidelity and stuff
rich aristocrats couldnt keep it in their pants
in the middle ages ppl would frequently fornicate btween betrothal and marriage

sure now its more widespread
but there were always ppl who didnt think marriage vows meant much more than not getting a divorce
and theyd go on their marry way and have lovers and prostitutes etc

do i like it?
no
but lets not pretend humans were all virtuous back in hte day
sin has existed since God made man

Upvote 0

Michie

Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,584,165.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Everything I've read about deviant sexual behavior from animals is either dominance (think prison sexuality). Stress & captivity. No animal of the receiving end purposely wants anal sex as far as I know. Morally there cannot be a comparison.

Upvote 0

MoreCoffee

Repentance works.
Jan 8, 2011
Near the flying spaghetti monster
✟57,848.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Please pick one of the 3 options.
  • STI is Sexually Transmitted Infection.
  • HIV is Human Immunodeficiency Virus.

Depends on the sex of the homosexual I would think; homosexual women may be less at risk than their corresponding cohort of heterosexual women, homosexual men may be more at risk if they are more promiscuous than their corresponding cohort of heterosexual men.

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love
Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟185,132.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Like it or not, this is what has been observed.

Much like the fact that the vast majority of black swans are male-male couples in the wild. Something like 8% of male rams prefer to mount males - granted that is observed in captivity. Bonobos are almost completely "bisexual" - in that they very frequently engage in female-female and male-male sexual activity.

See it how you like, but it happens.

Female Bonobos will accommodate each other in masturbation, in fact, homosexual activity in the animal world is pretty much confined to females, not males. Also, when they do it, it's more for the purpose social position in the group and with the deisired goal of attracting a mate of the opposite sex to reproduce. It's can not be equated with human homosexual behavior.

Males do not nor do they have anal sex with either females nor males.

Here is an article

Jim

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟428,486.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
All i know is my friends sister was found to have HIV.
She lived 10 years normally - and then she passed away due to complications of the virus.
Perhaps it slowly deteriorates the body and then the body is too weakened to fight - it takes over.

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
✟428,486.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I have always owned male dogs... and been to fairs where bulls are shown.
Both of these male animals never penetrate when 'dominating' another male. Its more of a humiliation tactic - perpetrated by the biggest one.
These same animals OTOH - will still seek out 'penetration' in the female of its kind.

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
✟428,486.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Everything I've read about deviant sexual behavior from animals is either dominance (think prison sexuality). Stress & captivity. No animal of the receiving end purposely wants anal sex as far as I know. Morally there cannot be a comparison.
Pretty much - humans are above the animal kingdom and do have to face judgment because we have intellect and a moral standard to live by.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

audiologic

May 11, 2013
✟7,828.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Libertarian
I'm sure it's been stated, but yes and no.

No in the sense that HIV and other STDs are still mostly spread through heterosexual sex.

Yes in the sense that the majority of homosexuals tend to have many more partners.

So it's not the act itself that puts you in more danger, it's how many people you sleep with - whether you're straight or not.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Decanus

I don't even know anymore
Mar 21, 2012
West Midlands
✟40,647.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Yes in the sense that the majority of homosexuals tend to have many more partners.

I agree with everything you've said apart from this.

What about all those Heterosexual College kids who don't want relationships and sleep with anything with a pulse? What about all of those heterosexuals who have pay for sex with prostitutes?

I'm not saying that Heterosexuals are worse than homosexuals for promiscuity, but i'd say it was fairly equal on both sides.

I do understand where you're coming from though.

Upvote 0

S.ilvio

Jul 16, 2011
Dublin
✟339,460.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I'm sure it's been stated, but yes and no.

No in the sense that HIV and other STDs are still mostly spread through heterosexual sex.

So it's not the act itself that puts you in more danger, it's how many people you sleep with - whether you're straight or not.

That took some trawling back through the pages to find this thread. Any particular reason..?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.