Are homosexuals more at risk for STI and HIV ?

Are homosexuals more at risk for STI and HIV ?

• More at risk

• Equally at risk

• Less at risk

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

benedictaoo

Legend
Dec 1, 2007
✟72,332.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private

So you are saying homosexuals aren't people?

I love how any credit to them being seen as anyone else who sins, see as a person is taken that I am condoning SSM and the sex act itself. No. I just do not see the point in treating them like they are from the devil himself. You sin, do you want to be treated that way?

So let me explain this to you once again... first, you are not in some fundamentalist forum, so... don't preach at me.

Second, so what you are saying is it's God's the law, so we have to view the homosexuals as less then human? It's God's law, so we have to treat them like garbage?

Is that what you are saying?

They are people who are worthy of love, respect, just like any other sinner... just like the prostitute, the adulterer, the divorcee, the person who likes inappropriate content. The guy who sleep with a woman he is not married to. They are the SAME as these.

Do you understand and comprehend the point I have made?

I have not and frankly, how dare you not read what I wrote and interpret what I wrote incorrectly... I have not said the sin of same sex acts are not a sin and an offense to God but the PEOPLE, the persons are human like you and me and it's a sin to treat them as if they are dirt under your feet.

You're perspective is whack... homosexuals are people, ordinary human beings, that sin who needs compassion and understanding for their plight and that begins with acceptance as them as being people who have dignity and not the devil's spawn.

One could reasonably argue the fundamentalist Christian are the devil's spawn with how they spew so much hate... so much hate... but that would not be correct. They are just poor and misguided due to erroneous teaching and indoctrination. They require much patience from us. The Christians who actually know what they are talking about.

Homosexuals not monsters from hell, thy are ordinary people who have difficult struggles. I'm telling you straight up, like it is, YOU and those like you are the cause of so many hating Christianity. You represent it so wrongly. I pray for mercy on that.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

benedictaoo

Legend
Dec 1, 2007
✟72,332.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
The Catholic faith isn't liberal or conservative. It is simply the truth. :)

hey struggling sock... I mean sinner... why are you twisting what is being posted?

He quoted the CCC and you are blatantly ignoring it. That is the essence of being a liberal. And we all know how we are supposed to feel about that dissident, disobedient bunch... Those who like to disobey and disregard the CCC.

Reactions: MikeK
Upvote 0

Blackwater Babe

Jan 10, 2011
United States
✟8,940.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Libertarian
"4And He answered and said to them, Have you not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female,

5And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall join to his wife: and they two shall be one flesh?

6Why they are no more two, but one flesh. What therefore God has joined together, let not man put asunder."

Jesus's, God's words, Matthew 19:4-6

"6But from the beginning of the creation God made them male and female.

7For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and join to his wife;

8And they two shall be one flesh: so then they are no more two, but one flesh

9What therefore God has joined together, let not man put asunder."

Jesus's, God's words, Mark 10:8

If you don't like it, argue with Jesus, who is God. Jesus was all about equality and there was a specific reason why He said this as well as to give to the poor and the sick.

You for this, you go against Jesus, who is God. This is 100% clear.

"And whoever does not take his cross and follow me is not worthy of me."
Jesus's God's words Matthew 10:38

"If you love Me, you will keep My commandments."
Jesus's God's words, John 14:15

That is the law.
http://www.christianforums.com/t7742451-40/#post63072643

None of which is remotely relevent to the OP. But anyhoo...

Upvote 0

Needing_Grace

Chief of Sinners
May 8, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
✟11,799.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You don't think that it's possible that an anus can become stretched out of shape?

Gay Bowel Syndrome

P.S.

If you would have read the article I provided, you would have seen that there are a lot of medical references listed at the bottom of the webpage.

:)

All this fascination with the trasero. Why are you so fascinated with the backside?

As a gay man who has read the sites where gay men discuss what they want and like, I can definitely tell you that most gay fascination is with what's up front, not in the back.

Upvote 0
S

Struggling Sinner

hey struggling sock... I mean sinner... why are you twisting what is being posted?

He quoted the CCC and you are blatantly ignoring it. That is the
essence of being a liberal. And we all know how we are supposed to feel about that dissident, disobedient bunch... Those who like to disobey and disregard the CCC.
Name-calling shows immaturity and is what people feel they have to resort to when they can't refute what someone has said. I know what it says in the CCC, and I agree with every word of it. Now please refrain from the ad hominem and straw man logical fallacy. It's a cheap way to feel like you are wining an argument, but it's also bearing false witness against your neighbor. If you don't like the stats I presented complain about it to the White House and the CDC, and maybe they will offer more apologies for the stats. But don't shoot the messenger.

AIDS Timeline:

"1981 -CDC reports first cases of rare pneumonia in young gay men – later determined to be
AIDS-related – in June 5 Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report (MMWR). This marks
the official beginning of the HIV/AIDS epidemic
."

“Gay and bisexual men are more severely affected by HIV than any other group in the United States .” - CDC

“Among all gay and bisexual men, blacks/African Americans bear the greatest disproportionate burden of HIV.” – CDC

“From 2008 to 2010, HIV infections among young black/African American gay and bisexual men increased 20%.” – CDC

"Fighting HIV among African Americans is not mutually exclusive with fighting HIV among gay and bisexual men. Efforts to reduce HIV among Blacks must confront the epidemic among Black gay and bisexual men as forcefully as existing efforts to confront the epidemic among other groups." - Obama

"Roughly three-fourths of HIV/AIDS cases in the United States are among men, the majority of whom are gay and bisexual men." - Obama

"Gay and bisexual men have comprised the largest proportion of the HIV epidemic in the United States since the first cases were reported in the 1980s, and that has not changed. They still comprise the greatest proportion of infections nationally." - Obama

“CDC reports that HIV diagnoses among young gay men (ages 13-24) of all races and ethnicities rose between 2001 and 2006.” – Obama

“Gay, bisexual, and other men who have sex with men (MSM) represent approximately 2% of the US population, yet are the population most severely affected by HIV. In 2010, MSM accounted for 63% of all new HIV infections” – CDC

“Given the starkness and the enduring nature of the disparate impact on gay and bisexual men, it is important to significantly reprioritize resources and attention on this community. The United States cannot reduce the number of HIV infections nationally without better addressing HIV among gay and bisexual men…Even though gay and bisexual men comprise only two percent of the U.S. population (4 percent of men)” – Obama (bold emphasis given in Obama’s 2010 Whitehouse report)

“Disparities in HIV infection also exist between gay and bisexual men and heterosexual populations. Recently, the CDC announced that gay and bisexual men in the United States are 44 to 86 times more likely to become infected with HIV than heterosexual men, and 40 to 77 times more likely to become infected than women.” – Obama

“Gay and bisexual men comprise the majority of people with HIV who have died in the United States.” - Obama

“1 in 5 Gay/Bi Men Have HIV, Nearly Half Don't Know” - WebMD

"In research with 942 nonclinical adult participants, gay men and lesbian women reported a significantly higher rate of childhood molestation than did heterosexual men and women. Forty-six percent of the homosexual men in contrast to 7% of the heterosexual men reported homosexual molestation. Twenty-two percent of lesbian women in contrast to 1% of heterosexual women reported homosexual molestation. This research is apparently the first survey that has reported substantial homosexual molestation of girls. Suggestions for future research were offered." - California School of Professional Psychology

Sources:
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
CDC HIV/AIDS Global Epidemic Timeline
President Obama's National HIV/AIDS Strategy for the the the United States 2010 White House Report
WebMD
California School of Professional Psychology

:)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Needing_Grace

Chief of Sinners
May 8, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
✟11,799.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I know what it says in the CCC, and I agree with every word of it. Now please refrain from the ad hominem and straw man logical fallacy. If you don't like the stats I presented complain about it to the White House and the CDC, and maybe they will offer more apologies for the stats. But don't shoot the messenger. :)

Three words that are apparenly undefined for you as you don't obey them: Respect, compassion, sensitivity (which refers how we treat them as persons).

Your discussion of homosexual persons have consisted of nothing less than utter contempt, indifference and apathy towards them as persons.

Upvote 0
S

Struggling Sinner

Three words that are apparenly undefined for you as you don't obey them: Respect, compassion, sensitivity (which refers how we treat them as persons).

Your discussion of homosexual persons have consisted of nothing less than utter contempt, indifference and apathy towards them as persons.
Did you see the sources the quotes are from? They aren't written by me. Why do you want to shoot the messenger? :)
There is an effort in some countries to manipulate the Church by gaining the often well-intentioned support of her pastors with a view to changing civil-statutes and laws. This is done in order to conform to these pressure groups' concept that homosexuality is at least a completely harmless, if not an entirely good, thing. Even when the practice of homosexuality may seriously threaten the lives and well-being of a large number of people, its advocates remain undeterred and refuse to consider the magnitude of the risks involved.

Source:

Letter to the Bishops of the Catholic Church on the Pastoral Care of Homosexual Persons

Last edited:
Upvote 0

MikeK

Traditionalist Catholic
Feb 4, 2004
Wisconsin
✟90,821.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Why the fascination on AIDs in the United States and not Africa, where it is far more prevalent? I can only think of two likely reasons - a belief that gays (well, just gay men) are icky, and the belief that African people are the wrong color or live too far away to care about. Rates of AIDs transmision in our time will not be affected by the legal status of same sex marriage. Continued education campaigns will lower transmission rates, and eventually, hopefully, modern medicine will provide a cure or vaccine. We are already at a place in the West where HIV is no longer an automatic death sentence...in fact, the long lives that people can expect to live after contracting HIV today works against lowering the rate of transmission. Communicable conditions that kill in 1 year shoulc be expected to be easier to prevent transmission of than communicable diseases that kill in 20 years.

Frankly, I'm quite happy with the progress the West has made in fighting HIV/AIDs. We are far from the doom and gloom predictions of the 1980s, thanks to education and science. In africa, there remains much, much work to be done.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Blackwater Babe

Jan 10, 2011
United States
✟8,940.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Libertarian
This makes no sense whatever. Sex and sickle cell have nothing to do with one another.
Try to follow the logic... if, for one group of people... you advocate restrictions of liberty because you believe they are are more prone to a disease than everyone else... shouldn't you discriminate against ALL groups that are more prone to a particular disease than others?

Or does the "disease = sinfulness, therefore justifiable vilification" paradigm only apply to groups you've already decided you don't like?

Upvote 0

Miss Shelby

Legend
Feb 10, 2002
✟88,282.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Try to follow the logic... if, for one group of people... you advocate restrictions of liberty because you believe they are are more prone to a disease than everyone else... shouldn't you discriminate against ALL groups that are more prone to a particular disease than others?

Or does the "disease = sinfulness, therefore justifiable vilification" paradigm only apply to groups you've already decided you don't like?
Sickle cell anemia is not a contracted disease. IOW, it is not contagious, nor is there a moral factor involved that requires a conscious decision. You either have it or you don't. It is an inherited genetic blood disorder, much like hemophelia. There is no logic to this comparison.

Upvote 0

Blackwater Babe

Jan 10, 2011
United States
✟8,940.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Libertarian
Sickle cell anemia is not a contracted disease. IOW, it is not contagious, nor is there a moral factor involved that requires a conscious decision. You either have it or you don't. It is an inherited genetic blood disorder, much like hemophelia. There is no logic to this comparison.
Oh, so its only CONTAGIOUS diseases you think warrant condemnation of an entire group? I see. Well you never said anything like that until now, so how the heck were the rest of us meant to get that?

What about non contagious diseases that you can contract through poor lifestyle choices, and that certain groups are more vulnerable to than others? Diabetes, various cancers, heart disease, and so on? Are the groups more vulnerable to them worthy of condemnation too? Or is another goal post shift approaching?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,750,459.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
MOD HAT

This thread is staying closed. There were violations of the following site rules:

Flaming and Harassment
● Do not insult, belittle, mock, goad, personally attack, threaten, harass, or use derogatory nicknames in reference to other members or groups of members. Address the context of the post, not the poster.
● If you are flamed, do not respond in-kind. Alert staff to the situation by utilizing the report button. Do not report another member out of spite.
● Do not state or imply that another member or group of members who have identified themselves as Christian are not Christian.

● Do not promote homosexuality on Christian Forums. Homosexuality can only be discussed, without promotion, in Christian Communities and Faith Groups. Homosexuality may also be discussed in the Recovery and Ask a Chaplain forums solely for the purpose of seeking support with struggles overcoming same-sex attractions, and homosexual issues.

Congregational Forum Restrictions, Christian Only Forums, and Off-Topic posts
Do not teach or debate in any Congregational Forum unless you are truly a member and share its core beliefs and teachings. Questions and fellowship are allowed, proselytizing is not.

Do not post in the forums reserved for Christians only, unless you are truly a Nicene Creed, Trinitarian Christian (please see our Statement of Faith to know exactly what that is). If you wish to discuss unorthodox doctrines, you may do so in Unorthodox Theology.

Respect and become familiar with each forum's Statement of Purpose. Start threads that are relevant to that forum's stated purpose; submit replies that are relevant to the topic of discussion. Off Topic posts will be moved or removed.​

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.