corinth77777

learner
Nov 15, 2013
✟99,135.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Indeed but what does it mean to be "UNDER THE LAW" in your view? God's LAW is fulfilled in Christ it is not abolished or there would be no knowledge of sin to lead us to Christ that we might be saved by faith.
I must agree it is abolished in Christ.....Spiritual laws are written on the heart....
And if there are spiritual laws written in the heart there are also laws after the Spirit
.....Gee wiz....Im learning...thank God

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I must agree it is abolished in Christ.....Spiritual laws are written on the heart....
And if there are spiritual laws written in the heart there are also laws after the Spirit
.....Gee wiz....Im learning...thank God

If you LOVE your neigbore will you kill him?
If you LOVE GOD will you make yourself idols?

The list goes on 10 commandments that Jesus and Paul says are summed up and fulfilled in LOVE (Matthew 22:36-40; Romans 13:9)

How is LOVE expressed? *ROMANS 13:8-10

If you break God's LAW then you are UNDER the law because you are guilty of breaking it (ROMANS 3:7-20)

How do you know you have broken God's LAW * ROMANS 3:20 God's LAW gives us a knowledge of sin when it is broken and leads is back to Christ so that we might be forgiven by faith.

You are only UNDER THE LAW if you are guilty of breaking it. Where there is no law there is no sin proves that God's 10 commandments are not abolished as it is written..

ROMANS 2:7-13 [7],
[7], To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honor and immortality, eternal life:
[8], But to them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath,
[9], Tribulation and anguish, on every soul of man that does evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile;
[10], But glory, honor, and peace, to every man that works good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile:
[11], For there is no respect of persons with God.
[12], For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law;
[13], For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.

Walking in the Spirit we do not fulfill the lusts of the flesh (Galatians 5:16;25) Faith does not ABOLISH God's LAW it ESTABLISHES it by LOVE (Romans 3:31).

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟250,553.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I can see you are a bit upset. No problems let's chat latter when you have some scriptures to share.
I am actually not upset; I am very intentionally ridiculing a very dumb claim, precisely because I believe ridicule is a legitimate response to really stupid ideas.

And, all other issues notwithstanding, to claim that Galatians 3 is not a redemption history is laughable.

Any luck finding a scholar who would deny that Galatians 3 incorporates such a history?

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I am actually not upset; I am very intentionally ridiculing a very dumb claim, precisely because I believe ridicule is a legitimate response to really stupid ideas.

And, all other issues notwithstanding, to claim that Galatians 3 is not a redemption history is laughable.

Any luck finding a scholar who would deny that Galatians 3 incorporates such a history?

For me brother expos4ever, I see the scriptures as God's WORD that we are to live by (1 Timothy 3:16; Matthew 4:4). We are all brothers and sisters in Christ and are free to discuss God's WORD.

If you disagree with * Post # 440 linked click me then address the post and prove your points. So far you are only providing your own words and repeating what has already been addressed with God's WORD in other posts and stating your own words over Gods WORD that has been provided to you.

I have never disagreed with you that certain parts of the scriptures are narrative unfolding God's plan of salvation.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
LGW: does Galatians 3 contain an extended historical treatment of how God has been at work over the centuries leading up to Jesus?

Please just answer the question.

Brother did you read the post above yours. That question is already answered. Look at the last sentance. God's WORD is written for our admonition. The bible can contain history and the purpose is so we can learn from it.

Why is it you feel I need to always answer your questions but you ignore my posts, scriptures and questions that disagree with you and you will not discuss them?

Upvote 0

corinth77777

learner
Nov 15, 2013
✟99,135.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
"LoveGodsWord, post: 73111755, member: Hello corinth,

It seems you may have a misunderstanding as to what is being shared here my brother. No one is saying we are saved by the letter of the law.

The purpose of God's LAW is to lead us to Christ. It is the mirror we look into to see the Saviour in order to abide in Christ. It is the knowledge of Good and Evil; SIN AND RIGHTOUESNESS. WALKING in LOVE it is fulfilled in the heart of the believer through faith. It is our duty of LOVE to GOD and LOVE to man and is God's eternal law that hang on the two great commandments of LOVE. Obedience to God's LAW is the expression of LOVE and the fruit of faith in those who BELIEVE and FOLLOW God's WORD and the expression of torment to those who brake it.

We are not made rightouess by God's LAW through trying to keep God's LAW. All the 10 Commandments do is give us a knowledge of SIN if broken and RIGHTEOUSNESS if obeyed (Romans 3:20; Psalms 119:172).

God's WORD teaches we are saved by grace through faith and not of ourselves; it is a gift of God and not of works lest any man should boast * Ephesians 2:8. Grace however is for OBEDIENCE to the faith (Romans 1:5; 16:26). If our faith has no fruit then it is dead (James 2:18-20).

Under the NEW COVENANT we are promised a NEW HEART to LOVE and LOVE is the fulfilling [doing] of God's LAW in those who BELIEVE. This is what Paul is teaching in ROMANS 13:8-10 and Jesus is teaching in MATTHEW 22:36-40 and James in JAMES 2:8-11.

We need to be Born again to LOVE with a NEW HEART. LOVE is the fulfilling of God's LAW. If you LOVE your neighbor you will not KILL him right?
Corinth77777
Mmmmmmm?

This is why JESUS says to his followers, IF YOU LOVE ME KEEP MY COMMANDMENTS
Corinth77777
What this means is loving is the source of the keeping....[loving-Having a relationship]

because on the two great commandments of LOVE, hang all the law and the prophets and as PAUL says LOVE sums up the 10 Commandments (Romans 13:9) The NEW COVENANT is LOVE written on the heart to walk as God walked and to LOVE as Jesus first LOVED us.

HOW DO WE KNOW IF WE KNOW HIM?

1 JOHN 2:3-4
[3], And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
Corinth77777
Yes, but this context is speaking of what Commands?

[4], He that said, I know him, and keeps not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
Corinth77777
What commandments?

No one has God's Spirit while breaking his commandments Cotinth77777 what commandments?

(Acts 2:38; 3:19) because if God's LAW is broken there is no LOVE to God or man

CORINTH77777
GOD HAS 2 LAWS
Which one do you believe it's speaking of and why? Law of Faith[spiritual] or the Law of Works[after the flesh]
I'll stop here....and wait for clarification

(James 2:8-12; Romans 13:8-10). The same as none have God's Spirit if they do not know God's WORD as God's Spirit works through God's WORD and it is not opposed to it because Jesus is the living WORD of God (John 1:1-3; 14). This is why Jesus says; The Words that I speak unto you they are Spirit and they are life (John 6:63). God's Spirit works through God's WORD.

LOVE is the fulfilling of God's LAW in all those who BELIEVE and FOLLOW GOD's WORD.

You misunderstand what is being shared here brother corinth.

Hope this helps

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
"LoveGodsWord, post: 73111755, member: Hello corinth,

It seems you may have a misunderstanding as to what is being shared here my brother. No one is saying we are saved by the letter of the law.

The purpose of God's LAW is to lead us to Christ. It is the mirror we look into to see the Saviour in order to abide in Christ. It is the knowledge of Good and Evil; SIN AND RIGHTOUESNESS. WALKING in LOVE it is fulfilled in the heart of the believer through faith. It is our duty of LOVE to GOD and LOVE to man and is God's eternal law that hang on the two great commandments of LOVE. Obedience to God's LAW is the expression of LOVE and the fruit of faith in those who BELIEVE and FOLLOW God's WORD and the expression of torment to those who brake it.

We are not made rightouess by God's LAW through trying to keep God's LAW. All the 10 Commandments do is give us a knowledge of SIN if broken and RIGHTEOUSNESS if obeyed (Romans 3:20; Psalms 119:172).

God's WORD teaches we are saved by grace through faith and not of ourselves; it is a gift of God and not of works lest any man should boast * Ephesians 2:8. Grace however is for OBEDIENCE to the faith (Romans 1:5; 16:26). If our faith has no fruit then it is dead (James 2:18-20).

Under the NEW COVENANT we are promised a NEW HEART to LOVE and LOVE is the fulfilling [doing] of God's LAW in those who BELIEVE. This is what Paul is teaching in ROMANS 13:8-10 and Jesus is teaching in MATTHEW 22:36-40 and James in JAMES 2:8-11.

We need to be Born again to LOVE with a NEW HEART. LOVE is the fulfilling of God's LAW. If you LOVE your neighbor you will not KILL him right?
Corinth77777
Mmmmmmm?

This is why JESUS says to his followers, IF YOU LOVE ME KEEP MY COMMANDMENTS
Corinth77777
What this means is loving is the source of the keeping....[loving-Having a relationship]

because on the two great commandments of LOVE, hang all the law and the prophets and as PAUL says LOVE sums up the 10 Commandments (Romans 13:9) The NEW COVENANT is LOVE written on the heart to walk as God walked and to LOVE as Jesus first LOVED us.

HOW DO WE KNOW IF WE KNOW HIM?

1 JOHN 2:3-4
[3], And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
Corinth77777
Yes, but this context is speaking of what Commands?

[4], He that said, I know him, and keeps not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
Corinth77777
What commandments?

No one has God's Spirit while breaking his commandments Cotinth77777 what commandments?

(Acts 2:38; 3:19) because if God's LAW is broken there is no LOVE to God or man

CORINTH77777
GOD HAS 2 LAWS
Which one do you believe it's speaking of and why? Law of Faith[spiritual] or the Law of Works[after the flesh]
I'll stop here....and wait for clarification

(James 2:8-12; Romans 13:8-10). The same as none have God's Spirit if they do not know God's WORD as God's Spirit works through God's WORD and it is not opposed to it because Jesus is the living WORD of God (John 1:1-3; 14). This is why Jesus says; The Words that I speak unto you they are Spirit and they are life (John 6:63). God's Spirit works through God's WORD.

LOVE is the fulfilling of God's LAW in all those who BELIEVE and FOLLOW GOD's WORD.

You misunderstand what is being shared here brother corinth.

Hope this helps

The two great commandments of LOVE to God and man sums up and fulfills and establishes God's 10 Commandments in the life of those who BELIEVE and FOLLOW God's WORD. This is the NEW COVENANT promise that Jesus and Paul describe in * Please read; Matthew 22:36-40; Romans 13:8-10; Romans 3:31; Hebrews 8:10-12.

For those who break God's 10 Commandments they they give a knowledge of sin and lead us to Christ so that we can be forgiven by Faith so that we are no longer under the law guilty of breaking it (Romans 3:20; 7:7; Galatians 3:24)

Hope this helps brother corinth :wave:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

corinth77777

learner
Nov 15, 2013
✟99,135.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If you LOVE your neigbore will you kill him?
If you LOVE GOD will you make yourself idols?

The list goes on 10 commandments that Jesus and Paul says are summed up and fulfilled in LOVE (Matthew 22:36-40; Romans 13:9)

How is LOVE expressed? *ROMANS 13:8-10

If you break God's LAW then you are UNDER the law because you are guilty of breaking it (ROMANS

How do you know you have broken God's LAW * ROMANS 3:20 God's LAW gives us a knowledge of sin when it is broken and leads is back to Christ so that we might be forgiven by faith.

You are only UNDER THE LAW if you are guilty of breaking it. Where there is no law there is no sin proves that God's 10 commandments are not abolished as it is written..

ROMANS 2:7-13 [7],
[7], To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honor and immortality, eternal life:
[8], But to them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath,
[9], Tribulation and anguish, on every soul of man that does evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile;
[10], But glory, honor, and peace, to every man that works good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile:
[11], For there is no respect of persons with God.
[12], For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law;
[13], For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.

Walking in the Spirit we do not fulfill the lusts of the flesh (Galatians 5:16;25) Faith does not ABOLISH God's LAW it ESTABLISHES it by LOVE (Romans 3:31).

Hope this helps.
I thought that.. but to establish the Law may mean if it has done its purpose which was meant to bring us to Christ.
Has it brought you to Christ? Did it meet up to its purpose?

Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Some people are going around teaching that God's 10 Commandments are ABOLISHED and no longer a standard for Christian living. Yet the NEW TESTAMENT alone does not teach this at all. ….
We aren't claiming that only the Ten Commandments were abolished. The whole law was abolished.

There is only one reference in the new testament to the Ten Commandments as a whole. And it's not very complimentary.

2 Corinthians 3:6-11
He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant—
not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.
7 Now if the ministry that brought death, which was engraved in letters on stone,
came with glory, so that the Israelites could not look steadily
at the face of Moses because of its glory, transitory though it was,
8 will not the ministry of the Spirit be even more glorious?
9 If the ministry that brought condemnation was glorious,
how much more glorious is the ministry that brings righteousness!
10 For what was glorious has no glory now in comparison with the surpassing glory.
11 And if what was transitory came with glory,
how much greater is the glory of that which lasts!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I thought that.. but to establish the Law may mean if it has done its purpose which was meant to bring us to Christ.

God's WORD teaches..

COLOSIANS 2:6 [6], As you have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk you in him

We have received him by faith right? We walk in him by BELIEVING and FOLLOWING his WORD by Faith. We need to be born again not to sin and to have a new heart to LOVE (1 John 3:9) Whatever is born of God overcomes the world: and this is the victory that overcomes the world, even our faith (1 John 5:4). Those who ABIDE in Christ by FAITH do not brake God's LAW and those who sin [break God's LAW] do not know him (1 John 3:6). It is not God's will that after we come to him that we sin [break God's Commandments] but if we do we have an advocate with the father (1 John 2:1)

Hope this helps brother

Upvote 0

corinth77777

learner
Nov 15, 2013
✟99,135.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
God's WORD teaches..

COLOSIANS 2:6 [6], As you have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk you in him

We have received him by faith right? We walk in him by BELIEVING and FOLLOWING his WORD by Faith. We need to be born again not to sin and to have a new heart to LOVE (1 John 3:9) Whatever is born of God overcomes the world: and this is the victory that overcomes the world, even our faith (1 John 5:4). Those who ABIDE in Christ by FAITH do not brake God's LAW and those who sin [break God's LAW] do not know him (1 John 3:6). It is not God's will that after we come to him that we sin [break God's Commandments] but if we do we have an advocate with the father (1 John 2:1)

Hope this helps brother
My point still stands...

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
We aren't claiming that only the Ten Commandments were abolished. The whole law was abolished.

Hi Steve, sorry God's Word disagrees with you and does not teach lawlessness. Good luck trying to say that to God come judgment day. Those who continue in KNOWN UNREPENTANT SIN do not enter into God's KINGDOM..

HEBREWS 10:26-27
[26], For if we sin willfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remains no more sacrifice for sins, [27], But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.

SIN is breaking any of God's 10 Commandments (Romans 7:7; Romans 3:20; James 2:11; 1 John 3:4) If we knowingly break any of God's commandments wheh God asks us not to we stand guilty before God of committing sin (James 2:8-12; Romans 3:9-20). If we do not seek him in repentance and forgiveness we are in danger of the Judgement (Hebrews 10:26-27)

NEED MORE SCRIPTURE? HERE CLICK ME
There is only one reference in the new testament to the Ten Commandments as a whole. And it's not very complimentary.

2 Corinthians 3:6-11
He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant—
not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.
7 Now if the ministry that brought death, which was engraved in letters on stone,
came with glory, so that the Israelites could not look steadily
at the face of Moses because of its glory, transitory though it was,
8 will not the ministry of the Spirit be even more glorious?
9 If the ministry that brought condemnation was glorious,
how much more glorious is the ministry that brings righteousness!
10 For what was glorious has no glory now in comparison with the surpassing glory.
11 And if what was transitory came with glory,
how much greater is the glory of that which lasts!

Seems you do not understand the covenants and what the OLD and NEW COVENANT are. Or what is the difference between God's eternal law that gives us a knowledge of GOOD and EVIL; SIN and RIGHTOUESNESS (Romans 3:20; 7:7; James 2:10-11; Psalms 119:172).

2 Corinthians 3:6-11 is talking about the change of covenants (OLD TO NEW) and the ministration from the letter to the Spirit of LOVE. It is not saying God's 10 commandments are abolished the are fulfilled and established under the NEW COVENANT through LOVE (Romans 3:31; Romans 13:8-10).

The 10 commandments in the OLD COVENANT was written on two tables of stone (Deuteronomy 4:13) but in the NEW COVENANT they are written on the heart through LOVE by walking in the Spirit (Hebrews 8:10-12; Romans 3:31; Romans 13:8-10; James 2:8-12; James 2:18-20).

LOVE is the fulfilling of God's LAW in the heart of those who BELIEVE and FOLLOW God's WORD in under the NEW COVENANT and ministration of the Spirit.

God's WORD does not teach what you are trying to teach. As shown here you are take the scriptures out of context and misinterpret them.

May God help you as you seek him through his Word.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟250,553.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Brother did you read the post above yours. That question is already answered. Look at the last sentance. God's WORD is written for our admonition. The bible can contain history and the purpose is so we can learn from it.

Why is it you feel I need to always answer your questions but you ignore my posts, scriptures and questions that disagree with you and you will not discuss them?
Answer the question!

A simple yes or no!

We all know why you won’t answer, so let’s not play games. You cannot deny that 3:24-25 is part of a history. But if you acknowledge this, your whole premise is challenged. So, of course, you hem and haw and do not directly concede the obvious - the end of the Law’s tutorship is not an event in our personal lives; it is an historical event. And, again, you cannot countenance this rather obvious truth.

As for your questions, I will get to them - your posts are very long. But my question to you required you press only three keys or two: “yes” or “no”

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Answer the question!

A simple yes or no!

We all know why you won’t answer, so let’s not play games. You cannot deny that 3:24-25 is part of a history. But if you acknowledge this, your whole premise is challenged. So, of course, you hem and haw and do not directly concede the obvious - the end of the Law’s tutorship is not an event in our personal lives; it is an historical event. And, again, you cannot countenance this rather obvious truth.

As for your questions, I will get to them - your posts are very long. But my question to you required you press only three keys or two: “yes” or “no”

Now brother expos4ever, you seem to be making things up now. Your only repeating yourself because you have no scripture to share. You have been shown scripture context verse by verse as well as connecting scriptures that define what the scriptures are talking about in post # 440 linked click me.

Let me know when you have scripture to share. You are free to believe God's WORD or not. I do not judge you. Your salvatin is between you and God.

May God help you as you seek him through his Word :wave:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

discipler7

Oct 5, 2017
tog
✟42,302.00
Country
Heard Island And Mcdonald Islands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
expos4ever said:
Let no man (or wonan for that matter) deign to suggest that the abolition of the Law implies ...

It is, if course, possible to behave morally without a prescriptive code if, repeat if, we have the indwelling Spirit.
Not true.

MATTHEW.4:1-11 says that the Spirit-indwelled Jesus Christ overcame the temptations of Satan by quoting Old Testament Scripture from memory, eg ‘Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.’(Deut.8:3)
....... Aren't the 10 Commandments also words that proceeded from the mouth of God.? Yet some foolish Christians seek to abolish the 10 Commandments.

Spirit-indwelled Christians should do similar as Jesus Christ above, in order to not fall into sins/evil-deeds/law-breaking or temptations, instead of seeking to abolish or discard or ignore or throw away the 10 Commandments or the Law/Word of God or the Old Testament Scripture or the Bible. In fact, EPHESIANS.6:17 says "and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God".

In computer usage, it is good practice for users to not have only 1 password for everything and to keep a written record of all their various passwords, even though they have already memorized by heart their commonly-used passwords.
....... Similarly for Spirit-indwelled Christians who already have God's laws imprinted on their hearts and minds by God/Lord/Spirit, ie it is good practice for them to have the Bible as a written record of God's Law/Word/commandments.

P S - Problem is, most Gentile Christians are lacking in the area of having God's laws being imprinted on their hearts and minds by God/Lord/Spirit, especially those who wrongly believe that they no longer have to live under the Law and who seek to abolish the 10 Commandments or the Law.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

discipler7

Oct 5, 2017
tog
✟42,302.00
Country
Heard Island And Mcdonald Islands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Let’s be clear about something. Galatians 3 is a history of what God has been doing over large time scales. It is frankly bizarre, and arguably disingenuous, to treat 3:24-25 as though it describes how, within the life of each believer, they reach a point where the Law has convicted them of sin and they are ready for faith.
It is CLEAR beyond doubt the reference to the Law no longer being a tutor is a reference to something that happened 2000 years ago, not something that happens in the life of each believer.
GAL.3:24-25 = 24 Therefore the law was our tutor to bring us to Christ, that we might be justified by faith. 25 But after faith has come, we are no longer under a tutor.

Problem is, the Law was never the tutor that brought Gentiles to Christ because Gentiles did not live under the Law. Only Jews kept the Law and lived under the Law. The Law was the tutor that brought Jews to Christ for salvation, not Gentiles. Once saved from hell or coming to faith, the Jewish Christians are no longer under the Law for salvation.

Old Testament figures like Moses, Elijah and beggar Lazarus were saved from hell by keeping the Law while still living under the Law - LUKE.16:19-31(Deut.15:11), MATTHEW.17:3 & 27:52, 1PETER.3:19 & 4:6.
....... After Christ's death on the Cross, Jews could no longer be saved from hell by just keeping the Law while living under the Law. They had to also have faith in Jesus Christ.(JOHN.3:14-18, MATTHEW.19:23)

Jewish Christians being no longer under a tutor/Law for salvation or no longer saved by the Law does not mean that the Law has been destroyed or abolished or discarded or ignored or done away with because salvation only comes during the afterlife. Until salvation comes(= resurrected/raptured), while still living on earth, they have to live under the Law, ie continue to keep the Law, as many laws as possible.
....... In contrast, Gentile Christians only have to live under the non-burdensome parts of the Law, as per ACTS.15:24-29, keeping in mind that they are not saved from hell by the Law but by faith in Jesus Christ.

Hence, 1CORINTHIANS.5: says ...

Immorality Must Be Judged
9 I wrote to you in my epistle not to keep company with sexually immoral people. 10 Yet I certainly did not mean with the sexually immoral people of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or idolaters, since then you would need to go out of the world. 11 But now I have written to you not to keep company with anyone named a brother, who is sexually immoral, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or an extortioner—not even to eat with such a person.

12 For what have I to do with judging those also who are outside? Do you not judge those who are inside? 13 But those who are outside God judges. Therefore put away from yourselves the evil person.”

Compared to Jewish Christians, it is relatively easy for the non-Law-tutored Gentile Christians to be led astray into lawlessness, sins/evilness/temptations, back-sliding and departing from the faith.

P S - Even US Christians have to live under US Law, on top of having to live under God's Law, but they have to also bear in mind that they are not saved by the Law but by faith in Jesus Christ.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

corinth77777

learner
Nov 15, 2013
✟99,135.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
And what point did you make and what scriptures support your point?
When I wrote:

thought that.. but to establish the Law may mean if it has done its purpose which was meant to bring us to Christ.

What law does it establish WHEN BROUGHT TO faith in Christ, but the Law of Love...

I use to think the law of Moses....

So therefore I just said my point still stands with me....Anotherwords You didn't explain your statements to any avail that would help me to change my mind....

Upvote 0

corinth77777

learner
Nov 15, 2013
✟99,135.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
GAL.3:24-25 = 24 Therefore the law was our tutor to bring us to Christ, that we might be justified by faith. 25 But after faith has come, we are no longer under a tutor.

Problem is, the Law was never the tutor that brought Gentiles to Christ because Gentiles did not live under the Law. Only Jews kept the Law and lived under the Law. The Law was the tutor that brought Jews to Christ for salvation, not Gentiles. Once saved from hell or coming to faith, the Jewish Christians are no longer under the Law for salvation.
....... Old Testament figures like Moses, Elijah and beggar Lazarus were saved from hell while they were still under the Law - LUKE.16:19-31(Deut.15:11), MATTHEW.17:3 & 27:52, 1PETER.3:19 & 4:6.
....... Jewish Christians being no longer under a tutor/Law for salvation does not mean that the Law has been destroyed or abolished or discarded or ignored or done away with because salvation is for the afterlife. Until salvation comes(= resurrected/raptured), in this life on earth, they still have to live under the Law. Hence, 1CORINTHIANS.5: says ...

Immorality Must Be Judged
9 I wrote to you in my epistle not to keep company with sexually immoral people. 10 Yet I certainly did not mean with the sexually immoral people of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or idolaters, since then you would need to go out of the world. 11 But now I have written to you not to keep company with anyone named a brother, who is sexually immoral, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or an extortioner—not even to eat with such a person.

12 For what have I to do with judging those also who are outside? Do you not judge those who are inside? 13 But those who are outside God judges. Therefore “put away from yourselves the evil person.”

Hence, it is quite easy for the non-Law-tutored Gentile Christians to be led astray into lawlessness, sins/evilness, back-sliding and departing from the faith.
I have to disagree....because the Gentiles were not chosen to keep the law...which by default makes it their tutor as well....all are included under sin

Upvote 0