Are gentiles required to practice circumcision?

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,142.44
Faith
Messianic
IN order for anyone to participate in the Passover [Yeshua's offering] circumcision is required.

Ex 12:48 And when a stranger shall sojourn with thee, and will keep the passover to the LORD, let all his males be circumcised, and then let him come near and keep it; and he shall be as one that is born in the land: for no uncircumcised person shall eat thereof.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
IN order for anyone to participate in the Passover [Yeshua's offering] circumcision is required.

Correct. But under the New Covenant gentiles do not have to be circumcised or keep passover.

Upvote 0

mercy1061

Nov 26, 2011
✟18,724.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Torah requires it ONLY for those gentiles who wish to participate in Jewish life.

New Covenant scripture discourages it.

Where is it written in Torah, I do not have to become circumcised, only if I wish to participate in Jewish life? Abraham was a gentile?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mercy1061

Nov 26, 2011
✟18,724.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married

Yes indeed. Exodus is after Genesis, Abraham was told to become circumcised, even before they left Egypt in route to the promise land. Abraham participated in a ritual with Melchizedek.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
All the children who were born in the wilderness were circumcised by Joshua as commanded by G-d before they kept the Passover in the promised land. I would think this included the strangers who were among them or their children.
So it seems to me that it is a requirement to enter into G-ds sanctuary or promised land, heaven.

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟498,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Yes indeed. Exodus is after Genesis, Abraham was told to become circumcised, even before they left Egypt in route to the promise land. Abraham participated in a ritual with Melchizedek.

No, Abram participated in a ritual with Melchizedek

Upvote 0