Columbus, Ohio
✟50,619.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
This is a false Christian assumption. The Jewish people did not "forfeit" their relationship with HaShem as His chosen covenant people. That's ridiculous. G-d has promised that they would remain such, no matter what.

The Messianic movement has made great efforts to correct that false Christian assumption. I applaud them for doing so.

You are right. It is the evil of replacement theology. It is a lie. Gentiles never, ever, ever replace Israel in any way, shape or form. Gentiles are grafted in to Israel they/we do NOT replace Israel.

Upvote 0

daq

Messianic
Jan 26, 2012
Devarim 11:21
Visit site
✟112,981.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Gospel from the kingdom means good news.

The kingdom of the Father is like a warrior about to go into battle against his most powerful enemy. In his own house he drew his sword and thrust it into the wall so as to validate the strength of the sword in his hand. His most powerful enemy died. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

HannibalFlavius

May 15, 2013
Houston
✟5,329.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
I'm not convinced that Christians don't know what the Gospel of the Kingdom is. OTOH I would have no trouble agreeing that many don't know what your understanding of it is. The Gospel of the Kingdom is a very big topic- it's not one point or even a few. It's many things, all ultimately agreeing and pointing to God's grace and authority. So you may be right about the Gospel of the Kingdom, but so will others be.

I don't really know how to dig that stuff up on CF, and I don't have a lot of time. Suffice to say that the Paul thing has been done to death.

It is the body, the soul, and the spirit.

It is the water, the blood, and the spirit.

We saw the kingdom in Elijah, Moses, and Jesus because they are the 3 aspects of what the kingdom is.

The gospel of the kingdom of heaven is the explanation of what temple design is, and we are the temple.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Is Ruth who was a Gentile one of the chosen people? Wasn't she a woman in the family line of Messiah?

About God's kingdom, we have >

"For the kingdom of God is not eating and drinking, but righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit." (Romans 14:17)

"And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which also you were called in one body; and be thankful." (Colossians 3:15)

So, if God's kingdom includes God's peace, and if all His children are called "in one body" to be ruled by this peace in our "hearts", would the chosen people be us . . . Jews and Gentiles . . . who obey "in one body" how our Father rules us in our "hearts" with His own peace?

Upvote 0

HannibalFlavius

May 15, 2013
Houston
✟5,329.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Is Ruth who was a Gentile one of the chosen people? Wasn't she a woman in the family line of Messiah?

About God's kingdom, we have >

"For the kingdom of God is not eating and drinking, but righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit." (Romans 14:17)

"And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which also you were called in one body; and be thankful." (Colossians 3:15)

So, if God's kingdom includes God's peace, and if all His children are called "in one body" to be ruled by this peace in our "hearts", would the chosen people be us . . . Jews and Gentiles . . . who obey "in one body" how our Father rules us in our "hearts" with His own peace?

A marriage of redemption is needed for the gentile to be redeemed just as Boaz did.

Upvote 0

daq

Messianic
Jan 26, 2012
Devarim 11:21
Visit site
✟112,981.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The gospel of the kingdom of heaven is the explanation of what temple design is, and we are the temple.

"And Sholomoh had made a brazen platform of five cubits long, and five cubits broad, and three cubits high, and set it in the midst of the `azarah: and upon it he stood, and kneeled down upon his knees before all the congregation of Yisrael, and spread forth his hands toward the heavens", (and the prayers of Sholomoh for himself and for all the congregation of Yisrael ascended up).

The kingdom of the heavens is like a net: the network grating of brass which is beneath the burnt offering altar of sacrifice, which altar is five cubits long, five cubits broad, and three cubits in height, (for the net catches the nefesh). :)

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
As the title states, do you guys believe that Gentiles (together with Jews) are God's chosen people?

i believe that the Jews are God's chosen people. I believe that Gentile believers are "grafted on" (adopted sons and daughters) as it is written in God's Word.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Why not just say that all of creation is special in God's sight? Is there a need for a "chosen" tag?

"Special" only can exist in the presence of "not special."

So if all creation is special, then nothing is special.

It is the same with "chosen."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
D

Digout

i believe that the Jews are God's chosen people. I believe that Gentile believers are "grafted on" (adopted sons and daughters) as it is written in God's Word.

I believe that Jews were chosen but got rejected. Believing Jews (in Christ) and believing Gentiles have been grafted now.

Matthew 21
43 Therefore I say to you, the kingdom of God will be taken away from you and given to a people, producing the fruit of it.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I believe that Jews were chosen but got rejected. Believing Jews (in Christ) and believing Gentiles have been grafted now.

Rom 11.1 I say then, God has not rejected His people, has He? May it never be! For I too am an Israelite, a descendant of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin.
2 God has not rejected His people whom He foreknew. Or do you not know what the Scripture says in the passage about Elijah, how he pleads with God against Israel?

Reactions: ContraMundum
Upvote 0

yonah_mishael

הֱיֵה קודם כל בן אדם
Jun 14, 2009
Tel Aviv, Israel
Visit site
✟27,173.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
"Special" only can exist in the presence of "not special."

So if all creation is special, then nothing is special.

It is the same with "chosen."

I was really thinking the same thing but didn't want to say it.

Upvote 0

Shimshon

Oct 5, 2004
Zion
✟107,464.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
The New Testament reaffirms a future restoration of national Yisrael. This is what Yeshua taught in Matthew 19:28 and what the apostles clearly believed in Acts 1:6-7. Paul also explicitly taught a national salvation and restoration of Yisrael in Rom 11:25-27.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

yonah_mishael

הֱיֵה קודם כל בן אדם
Jun 14, 2009
Tel Aviv, Israel
Visit site
✟27,173.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

Matthew 21
43 Therefore I say to you, the kingdom of God will be taken away from you and given to a people, producing the fruit of it.

I should start a band: The Jewish Rejects. I'd be the lead vocalist, but I'll have to seek out some instrumentalists to play along with me. Maybe we'll "sing a new song unto the Lord." Sounds good, no?

Upvote 0
D

Digout

Rom 11.1 I say then, God has not rejected His people, has He? May it never be! For I too am an Israelite, a descendant of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin.
2 God has not rejected His people whom He foreknew. Or do you not know what the Scripture says in the passage about Elijah, how he pleads with God against Israel?

You seem to ignore what follows:

Romans 11

20 Quite right, they were broken off for their unbelief, but you stand by your faith. Do not be conceited, but fear;
21 for if God did not spare the natural branches, He will not spare you, either.
22 Behold then the kindness and severity of God; to those who fell, severity, but to you, God's kindness, if you continue in His kindness; otherwise you also will be cut off.
And they also, if they do not continue in their unbelief, will be grafted in, for God is able to graft them in again.

Upvote 0

Shimshon

Oct 5, 2004
Zion
✟107,464.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
You seem to ignore what follows:

Romans 11

20 Quite right, they were broken off for their unbelief, but you stand by your faith. Do not be conceited, but fear;
21 for if God did not spare the natural branches, He will not spare you, either.
22 Behold then the kindness and severity of God; to those who fell, severity, but to you, God's kindness, if you continue in His kindness; otherwise you also will be cut off.
And they also, if they do not continue in their unbelief, will be grafted in, for God is able to graft them in again.
You seem to ignore what you quote.

God has not rejected his people, permanently. Yisrael will ALWAYS be his people, his nation, his servant; the private part of God's body that he covers with Torah.

Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Pilgrim/Monastic on the Road to God (Psalm 84:1-7)
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Indeed..

And when you keep Yeshua at the center of it all, you can see where there is truly a unified and cohesive people. It seems you have extremes on two sides that make the issue a mess - on one side, you have Jews who are not believers in Yeshua claiming that the idea of Jewish Followers of Christ being designated for salvation is wrong because of their ideology that says ALL Jews (in all points and time) must be make it into God's Kingdom if one is to say that God loves Israel/has a plan for them. That is something many Jews have spoken against in light of history where God told many within Israel that being identified as Israel was not enough for salvation and he turned many away who were not loyal to Him alone - that is something which always must be acknowledged.

On the other side of the equation, you have others claiming that Gentiles are grafted in (which is true) and yet they demand that all Jews treat Gentiles as if they are Jewish - or claim that Gentiles MUST BE Jewish in order to be "GRAFTED in" since they have a desire for Halakha being uniform for all - but they (and other Gentiles who hate being Gentile) don't want to acknowledge God's love and work with Gentiles which was different than how it was for the Hebrews - they won't even acknowledge where it was the case WITHIN Israel where you had differing classes of Gentiles.

And of course, you have others in our time that want to end the hostility between modern-day Judaism and Judaism when it comes to appreciating the culture of rabbinical thought - something that is very noteworthy since MANY Rabbis believed in the Messiah being Divine and others (even though they were not followers of Yeshua) had wonderful things to say. I appreciate those within Jewish culture who have the desire to be seen as a cohesive people - not for One Law Messianic Jewish Culture or for how others do it when saying the Church is only for Gentiles and the Jews separate from that. People such as Mark Kinzer have done some good work on the issue when breaking it down - as seen in the following:

Mark Kinzer Messianic Jewish Theology

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Pilgrim/Monastic on the Road to God (Psalm 84:1-7)
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
When it comes to being seen as God's Chosen people, it is interesting to see how other Jews convey the matter.

Last edited:
Upvote 0