Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Fidget spinners 'are satanic', claims Paraguayan pastor | Daily Mail Online
An evangelical pastor has branded fidget spinners 'satanic' as they make youngsters perform a 'sign of the devil' with their hands.

Juan Mariano Avalos, of the Congregation of the First Christians in Paraguay, posted a sermon on Facebook about how use of the toys could lead to eternal damnation.

But his attack on the gadgets attracted widespread mockery, with one commenter pointing out that people make the same sign with their hands while drinking coffee.

Last edited:

ChristIsSovereign

Jun 9, 2016
Beaver Falls, New York
✟20,998.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Absolutely not. To think that some random object is imbued with Satanic power is to be superstitious beyond what is necessary. Yes, I believe Harry Potter is of the Devil and wicked, but a fidget spinner? Extremely doubtful.

Upvote 0

Godlovesmetwo

Fringe Catholic
Mar 16, 2016
Antwerp
✟17,860.00
Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
As a teacher, yes they are very much Satanic.
a teacher eh. I imagine they would be very distracting. I think if I were teaching, I might ban them in the classroom.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,304.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Absolutely not. To think that some random object is imbued with Satanic power is to be superstitious beyond what is necessary. Yes, I believe Harry Potter is of the Devil and wicked, but a fidget spinner? Extremely doubtful.
Oh no, this pastor says it's how you hold them that make a satanic gesture that invites satan to come hold your hand. :doh:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GeorgeJ

<Insert Custom Title Here>
Jul 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟70,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
As a teacher, yes they are very much Satanic.
Are you required to allow those in the classroom in your school district? I ask because I've heard of school districts that do not allow teachers to make kids put them away in the classroom....something about "keeping them calm"...

Reactions: ForsakenGirl
Upvote 0

GeorgeJ

Jul 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟70,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
Hahaha, definitely not a satanic toy. However the 666 hand sign that celebrities, athletes and Trump like to throw up at every chance is very real and very satanic.
What....this?
Thumbs-up-thumb-up-clip-art-clipart-2-clipartix-2.jpeg

Upvote 0

Ada Lovelace

Grateful to scientists and all health care workers
Site Supporter
Jun 20, 2014
California
✟1,002,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
No.

But they are diabolically obnoxious, haha. I'm in college but still am treated by a pediatrician because of rare health issues, and the last time I was in the waiting room half of the elementary school-aged kids there were playing with them. They can become quite noisy and distracting. Fortunately my little sisters do not see the appeal, so I don't have to deal with them often.

Upvote 0

SnowyMacie

Apr 12, 2011
North Texas
✟118,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
In Relationship
Are you required to allow those in the classroom in your school district? I ask because I've heard of school districts that do not allow teachers to make kids put them away in the classroom....something about "keeping them calm"...

We were allowed to take them up if they were becoming a distraction for the students, but I didn't personally outright ban them and I don't know anyone else that did. I haven't heard anything from the district about what's going to happen this fall regarding them, I'm sure there may be something said or a more general guideline regarding them.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Juan Mariano Avalos, of the Congregation of the First Christians in Paraguay, posted a sermon on Facebook about how use of the toys could lead to eternal damnation.

But his attack on the gadgets attracted widespread mockery, with one commenter pointing out that people make the same sign with their hands while drinking coffee.

Maybe they're all damned too. :smirk:

Upvote 0

GeorgeJ

Jul 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟70,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status