Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Is this type of thing idolatry in some form? One expects something inert to hold metaphysical properties of some kind. I think it Is, what about you?

I am not familiar with whatever these things are, but based on what little you wrote, it would appear like something I should not be involved in.

• Agree
Reactions: StillGods
Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Petros2015

Jun 23, 2016
undisclosed Bunker
✟289,840.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Well, they are like protection charms. They are meant to catch bad spiritual things in their web (I think the Indian lore is that they are from a spider-goddess figure who watches over their people/tribe.) So if you feel you need the protection of an Indian spider-goddess at night, and you think that Indian spider goddesses are interested in protecting Christian Caucasians (or non Indians at any rate) go ahead and hang one...

If you are a Christian, I'd recommend just getting on your knees and saying prayers to Christ though. Father God is known to be somewhat jealous; I don't think he'd appreciate the dreamcatchers. Not anymore than Indian spider goddesses would appreciate non Indian Christians... Seems like a good way to make all parties concerned very very annoyed with you... lol

By the way, if you wake up in the morning and the dreamcatcher web has been torn, then you'll know that something Pretty Big got through the web... Good luck with that ;)

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: StillGods
Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
What if it caught nightmares?

What if it just opened up you and you family to a Spiritual World you had no idea ever existed, and that Spiritual World, began to influence your life, without you ever understanding why or how these things are happening?

Upvote 0

DM25

Jul 10, 2018
Edmonton
✟16,988.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Stay FAR AWAY from dream catchers. It's not about it being an idol, it's about it being satanic. Throw it away, for your own good. Along will all other eastern mysticism and new age items you have around. I had the book "The Secret" from years ago and I'm planning on burning it. These kinds of things invite demons into your home. They can look appealing but that's the idea. Throw it out.

• Agree
Reactions: JIMINZ
Upvote 0

FreedomUSA

Mar 25, 2019
Dallas
✟15,317.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What if it caught nightmares?
Scripture says that Satan comes as an angel of light. But it also says he is the father of lies, and that his goal is to bring death and destruction.
For 14 years I was involved in ministry to folks dealing with demonic issues. One thing I noticed during those years was that whenever a demonic force did an act of kindness it was always to open up more doors in a person's heart to draw them farther away from God and into greater deception / compromise.
A good test to take into consideration would be evaluating how much compromise or trouble you find in Christian homes where artifacts from pagan religious beliefs are found.
If scripture is true then you should find clear evidence of demonic oppression in such homes.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums