United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Are Dolphins Smarter Than Humans?
No. They just have a greater sense of :dolphin:porpoise:dolphin:...!
full

Upvote 0

solid_core

Oct 13, 2019
Vienna
✟50,919.00
Country
Austria
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Intelligence is not everything. Many animals seem to be highly intelligent.

But they do not have, for example, hands suitable for creation things or mouth suitable for complex communication.

We, humans, have the "lucky" combination of brain, hands, legs, lips, teeth etc. to create language and writing, that enables us to work and to communicate about abstract concepts, to write it down (preserve it for others) and that enables us to create civilization and technology.

Upvote 0

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
✟775,645.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Some say that dolphins are just as intelligent and, in many cases, even more so.
They have the ability to teach each other abstract skills.
They recognise and greet each other by their own "names".
They have even been said to be able to recognise themselves in a mirror and use them to examine hard to see areas such as the inside of their mouths.
There have also been reports how dolphins have been able to relate to and empathise with the feelings of humans.
I think we sometimes underestimate the intelligence and reasoning of mammals.
I once went to a party at a friend's house. I was feeling very low and depressed but I went in chatting and smiling and put on a very brave face for the party. No-one knew how I was feeling and just assumed I was OK. When I sat down, the family's dog would not leave me all evening and stayed by my side. It kept putting its muzzle on my lap as if it knew something was wrong.

Upvote 0

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sometimes it sure seems like it lol

Depends what metrics you use. There are plenty of creatures and things that are smarter than humans in the 'not doing/believing/saying stupid stuff' category.

Reactions: April_Rose
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums