somewhere
✟18,673.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
I notice some Christians put out a lot of conspiracy theories related to Revelations and the Bible, usually against the government, celebrities, music industry, Disney cartoons, hand symbols, etc, and it really scares me.

I know everyone says conspiracy theorists are crazy, but, after researching stuff about "new world orders" and "illuminati" and "demonic music industry who makes celebrities sell their souls" it all seems...plausible?? Like, really plausible?? Especially when paired with verses from Revelations?
I know I sound paranoid, I definitely am, but if this is true then I'm scared of me and my family becoming deceived and taken away from God.
With the evidence we have, theres no debunking it. It's all too coincidental to NOT be true.

People think some of our (still living) past presidents are the anti-Christ.

I love classic rock, especially The Beatles, and so does my family. But I feel betrayed when I watched this video and found these messages:
Then I found this: https://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Evils in America/Rock-n-Roll/beatles.htm
And this: http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Evils in America/Rock-n-Roll/devil_worship.htm
This is Led Zeppelin's STAIRWAY TO HEAVEN:
Also, the arguments near the end pages of this forum post bring up very condemning and scary points, with sources... : Why exactly is rock music Satanic?
People say the same thing about pop and rap. I'm not a big pop fan, but my freinds are, and the demonic imagery and lyrics is obvious in music videos such as Rihanna, Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, Ke$ha, Britney Spears, Kanye West, 50 Cent, etc...

Apparently not even Disney is safe:
Disney Subliminal Messages | Illuminati Symbols

My mom always gave me the universal "I love you" hand sign (index/pinky/thumb up, middle/ring down). Just recently I learned that this is an anti-Christian sign.
https://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False Religions/Wicca & Witchcraft/signs_of_satan.htm
Another reference:
I told her to stop doing it, and she has, but I'm still scared for her.
Same with the "ok" sign which is trendy among my friends lately, actually being the triple 6 sign.

I'm so scared not only for myself, but all my loves ones lately. I'm scared that even my Christian family members and friends will not go to Heaven just because they've been brainwashed by subliminal messages. I dont want my parents, grandparents, cousins, siblings, friends, and even enemies to die and suffer forever. I feel like we can't listen to any secular music or watch any movies in case we are secretly being fed anti-Christian messages. Sometimes I even make those hand signs without thinking. I feel like living in the world, always surrounded by media, is living in constant underlying fear.

Is this true? Or am I worrying too much?

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I notice some Christians put out a lot of conspiracy theories related to Revelations and the Bible, usually against the government, celebrities, music industry, Disney cartoons, hand symbols, etc, and it really scares me.

I know everyone says conspiracy theorists are crazy, but, after researching stuff about "new world orders" and "illuminati" and "demonic music industry who makes celebrities sell their souls" it all seems...plausible?? Like, really plausible?? Especially when paired with verses from Revelations?
I know I sound paranoid, I definitely am, but if this is true then I'm scared of me and my family becoming deceived and taken away from God.
With the evidence we have, theres no debunking it. It's all too coincidental to NOT be true.

I love classic rock, especially The Beatles, and so does my family. But I feel betrayed when I watched this video and found these messages:
Then I found this: https://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Evils in America/Rock-n-Roll/beatles.htm
And this: http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Evils in America/Rock-n-Roll/devil_worship.htm
Also, the arguments near the end pages of this forum post bring up very condemning and scary points, with sources... : Why exactly is rock music Satanic?
People say the same thing about pop and rap. I'm not a big pop fan, but my freinds are, and the demonic imagery and lyrics is obvious in music videos such as Rihanna, Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, Ke$ha, Britney Spears, Kanye West, 50 Cent, etc...

My mom always gave me the universal "I love you" hand sign (index/pinky/thumb up, middle/ring down). Just recently I learned that this is an anti-Christian sign.
https://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False Religions/Wicca & Witchcraft/signs_of_satan.htm
Another reference:
Same with the "ok" sign which is trendy among my friends lately, actually being the triple 6 sign.

I'm so scared not only for myself, but all my loves ones lately. I'm scared that even my Christian family members and friends will not go to Heaven just because they've been brainwashed by subliminal messages. I dont want my parents, grandparents, cousins, siblings, friends, and even enemies to die and suffer forever. I feel like we can't listen to any secular music or watch any movies in case we are secretly being fed anti-Christian messages. Sometimes I even make those hand signs without thinking. I feel like living in the world, always surrounded by media, is living in constant underlying fear.

Paul is still, not dead.
No secrets revealed.

• Agree
Reactions: JIMINZ
Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We can live in fear of all the 'evil people' in control down here, or we can serve God in peace, love and righteousness. We know the unregenerate human heart brings forth much evil, conspiracy theories are all about what is going on behind the scene, but are often used to instil fear and distrust. So it is not the truth of these theories, for a lot of conspiracy theories have proven to be true, or at least contain much truth, but what people do with them that concerns me most.

As for me seeing the Scriptures being full filled into today's world gives me an enormous sense of relief, for what is my life but a constant death? Yet i know with certainty that life with Him will never cease, the evidence is as clear as crystal! When we trust God then we can have hope and live at peace even in an evil anti-Christian world.

This Psalm says it all

Psalms 2
Why do the nations conspire
and the peoples plot in vain?
The kings of the earth rise up
and the rulers band together
against the Lord and against his anointed, saying,
“Let us break their chains
and throw off their shackles.”

The One enthroned in heaven laughs;
the Lord scoffs at them.
He rebukes them in his anger
and terrifies them in his wrath, saying,
“I have installed my king
on Zion, my holy mountain.”:bow::clap::oldthumbsup::amen:

I will proclaim the Lord’s decree:

He said to me, “You are my son;
today I have become your father.
Ask me,
and I will make the nations your inheritance,
the ends of the earth your possession.
You will break them with a rod of iron;
you will dash them to pieces like pottery.”

Therefore, you kings, be wise;
be warned, you rulers of the earth.
Serve the Lord with fear
and celebrate his rule with trembling.
Kiss his son, or he will be angry
and your way will lead to your destruction,
for his wrath can flare up in a moment.
Blessed are all who take refuge in him.:preach:

Upvote 0

Sarah G

Pro-peace, anti-war, anti-violence.
Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2017
Netherlands
✟131,322.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Conspiracy theories can steal your time and maybe your sanity but not your salvation. Jesus is much bigger than some subliminal messages and hand gestures. Don't waste your time on it, better spend your time with God through prayer and the Bible.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
conspiracy theories are all about what is going on behind the scene, but are often used to instil fear and distrust.
It is wise not to boast how much humans can do. And do not fear humans, or else your fear is boasting that humans have more power and control than Jesus has.

And Jesus is not only about having the greatest power and control. Jesus is God's own Son, of real love and goodness, of our Heavenly Father's caring and sharing and tenderly affectionate relating as God's family. And we can become like Jesus, in us, more and more, so we are attentive to God and loving any and all people, instead of allowing Satanic stuff to control our attention elsewhere.

Possibly, one of the biggest tricks and conspiracies is how this evil world simply keeps our attention away from God. This conspiracy for our attention includes calling attention to conspiracies so people are so busy with dissecting and discovering more and more details of . . . conspiracies!!

So, instead of fearing however conspiracies could trick you, simply trust God to take care of you and make you wise to however your attention can be fooled away from Him >

"And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which also you were called in one body; and be thankful." (Colossians 3:15)

Upvote 0

BCsenior

Still an evangelist
Aug 31, 2017
British Columbia
✟72,426.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I notice some Christians put out a lot of conspiracy theories related to Revelations and
the Bible, usually against the government, celebrities, music industry, Disney cartoons, hand symbols, etc, and it really scares me.
I've been involved in reading about conspiracy theories for about 10 years now.
It took a while, but I learned to read between the lines and connect the dots!
IMO, a huge percentage of them are TRUE.

We're in the 3rd seal now ... the tipping of the financial/economic scales.
The Crash of the Century is upon us in 2019 (be patient, December is months away).
And the famine in the USA has just begun (only slightly).

Next is the 4th seal ... worldwide famine! (Revelation says 1/4 of the world will die).

Next is the 5th seal ... persecution of Christians (are you ready?)

The Internet is NOT censored (yet) ... lots of whistle-blowers, etc.

Upvote 0

PizzaAddict

Jun 23, 2019
Krakow
✟11,331.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

Another reference:

Depends which ones some are really crazy like reptilian/alien ones but yea most of what you said is actually true since Satan is currently ruling this fallen world occult in music/ signs ect done by people who Satan made rich are seen by naked eye and common to somebody who simply look into this with open mind.

Yea music is really used by Satan nowdays
If you wanna be a star you basically become satanist , why would they try to commit suicide or actually manage to if they have such large amount of money and basically whatever they want ? They just can't stand the pressure of it

Upvote 0

Sunflower Garden

Jun 19, 2019
somewhere
✟18,673.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Thanks for the nice replies, everyone. I will put my peace in Jesus instead of fearing the world.

That being said, how do I go about staying away from media / music / movies? Some of these supposedly evil movies, shows, and bands are my favorites, and I feel really betrayed to know that something I loved could actually hurt my faith in God. The media is everywhere, and I feel afraid to listen to any music or watch any movies at all these past couple days.

More importantly, how do I bring this up to my family? They love this music more than I do and have been listening all their life. I'm scared they'll think I'm being ridiculous, but I'm so scared for them...they have been saved, but I still worry that they will be misled in these last days. As well as me, and my friends. I love them so much and I'd be heartbroken if something happened to hurt or dampen our faith in God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married

I have never heard that and I have been around 76 years. In all that time I have never witnessed that sign as being anything else than as "OK" or "perfect". Actually, "666" does not even appear in the Bible. The Bible used the Miletus number system in which Greek letters were used to represent numbers. In that system the number in question would have used those letters to produce 600 + 60 + 6. Just one 6 not three of them.

Same with the so called "peace symbol". It is actually two semaphore signals combined --- for N and D representing "nuclear disarmament" an old hippie symbol from the 1960s.

In both cases above any Satanic meaning was invented after the fact by paranoid Christians who should know better.

• Winner
Reactions: JIMINZ
Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Really? It appears in mine. And even if it wasn't in the original translation, people understand it to be an evil symbol today and use it against God.

Of course it is not in your Bible because Arabic numerals in a place value decimal system were not invented till many centuries later. Even Bible translations differ, some use 666 and some use 616 but either way it refers to either Emperor Nero or Emperor Domitian not to evil in general.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
We're in the 3rd seal now ... the tipping of the financial/economic scales.
The Crash of the Century is upon us in 2019 (be patient, December is months away).
And the famine in the USA has just begun (only slightly).

When this doesn't take place as you say it will, how far into the future will you put it to be safe to say it again then?

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,044.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Human beings are fantastic at pattern recognition. It's an intrinsic part of our psychology, it's necessary. It's how we're able to learn language, learn how to read, and--in general--learn at all. But in a lot of ways we're almost too good at pattern recognition. We are able to spot patterns even when there aren't any.

Consider: Have you ever been somewhere, say in the lobby of a doctor's office, and you start looking at the ceiling or walls, and you can make out faces, or things of that nature? Maybe you've seen wooden tables or other furniture with knots in them and the knots look like things. We've probably all heard the stories of people who think they see Jesus or the Virgin Mary in a tortilla or in a water stain on a building.

Conspiracy theories often involve pattern recognition, but the problem is that there actually isn't a real pattern.

Conspiracy theories work through selective bias (picking and choosing the things which support the conspiracy and ignoring the things which are evidence that the falsehood of the supposed conspiracy), and false pattern recognition. Among other factors.

When you play music back on a vinyl if you want to hear things (especially if you have been given a suggestion for it) you'll hear what your mind has been primed to hear. But this is basically the same phenomenon as when you mishear lyrics to a song. Your brain is looking for patterns (words, in this case) and if you are primed to hear specific words you will hear them. Go on Youtube and you can find a host of videos of non-English language songs with made-up English lyrics which, because of English subtitles with false lyrics, has primed your mind to hear them. And the result is often very funny.

Let's take one example that I've seen, and it looks like it's in one of the videos in the OP, the peace symbol.

There's a cottage industry of cranks who say that the peace symbol is, in truth, a broken, upside-down cross inside of a satanic circle, and that therefore the symbol represents Satan defeating Jesus. That all sounds rather awful, except that the origin of the peace symbol is well known. What we call the "peace symbol" originated as the symbol of the Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament (CND). The CND adopted the semaphore for ND (Nuclear Disarmament),

semaphorePeace.jpg

During the anti-war era of the 1960's, anti-war activists adopted the logo for the CND as a general anti-war symbol, that is, a symbol for peace.

That is the basis for the peace symbol.

As for the hand gesture? That's based on the Allied victory hand gesture, perhaps most famously as used by Winston Churchill. The victory over and against the Axis powers, and thus a new peace, was then also adopted by the anti-war counterculture of the 1960's.

There's no conspiracy behind these things. The origins are well documented and understood.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

Shrewd Manager

Through him, in all things, more than conquerors.
Site Supporter
Aug 16, 2019
Melbourne
✟364,409.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Good for you. Stay sober, stay vigilant, be not ignorant of the devil's schemes. Expose the works of darkness, fight the good fight. If you seek the truth, then you're following Christ, who is truth incarnate, he who lights your path.

The world lies in the hands of the evil one, and when he lies he speaks his native language. Get rid of your TV, curb your interest in rock and roll and pop iconography. Reject the claims of science so-called when they contradict scripture, reject historical lies, and especially reject false teachings from Babylon churches. Test the spirits. Avoid those without love of the truth. Be ye transformed.

Upvote 0

Disciple of Jesus
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
✟146,199.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

I think there are many conspiracy facts. And if we look leaders of this world, they truly seem to do often Satan’s will. However, I think Christians should not fear, because:

And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell. Are not two sparrows sold for a farthing? and one of them shall not fall on the ground without your Father. But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear ye not therefore, ye are of more value than many sparrows.
Matt. 10:28-31

God is greater than all and there is no poison for mind that is stronger than Jesus and God.

In my opinion it is crazier to believe blindly what the world leaders say than to believe in conspiracy theories.

Upvote 0