Are Christians the worst persecuted group in the world?

Another Lazarus

Old Newbie
Sep 19, 2013
✟49,808.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You're right, the true people of God are persecuted not only by mass genocide but in daily life too.

Genocide of almost 2 millions christian Armenians by the Turkey Ottoman.

etc. etc. as happening now in ME and Africa.

In fact God never destined the christians to be martyred,
the early church was fed to lions, they were free to deny their faith and save themselves from death, but they choosed to defend the TRUTH of JESUS.

Upvote 0

Heavenhome

Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2017
Newstead.Australia
✟407,525.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think I have heard that there have been more martyred Christians in the last century than the previous combined. In general we hear little via the news.
If you are talking about persecution well that is on a huge scale and in the western world persecution for being a Christian is getting much worse....think if you speak biblically about homosexuality, keeping the Sabbath/Lords day rather than taking part in social,sporting pursuits etc.the list goes on. We have been told to expect persecution as Christians by Jesus himself (Matthew 5:10,11) to name but one.
If I sound like I am exaggerating what about asking people not to take Gods name in vain. As for TV or movies see how many times God or Jesus is used non biblically.I may sound off point a bit but I am trying to say that persecution goes right across the spectrum of our lives now but we need to guard ourselves as Christians as only thinking of it as happening somewhere else, it's everywhere.
May God bless our brothers and sisters in countries where they suffer the ultimate persecution leading to being martyred for their faith in Christ. May their reward in heaven be great.

Upvote 0

Heavenhome

Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2017
Newstead.Australia
✟407,525.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Try subscribing to 'open doors, barnabus fund, tearfund and any other missionary organisation.
Then you will get regular reports on what is happening to Christians around the world.
Thank you for your reply , I have been a subscriber to Voice of the Martyrs for well over 20 years and it was through them and in particular their founder Richard Wurmbrand that I became aware of the plight of persecuted Christians worldwide. I have also read literature from Barnabas fund and Open Doors they are all worthy with the work they are doing. My comment on not knowing was really in general as to what is reported via news media which is to be expected anyway!
We don't know a fraction of what is really going on in the world but I am assured that God is in sovereign control and it is more than ever vital we cling to Him and His word that has told all His people what we need to know.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
We don't know a fraction of what is really going on in the world but I am assured that God is in sovereign control and it is more than ever vital we cling to Him and His word that has told all His people what we need to know.

Apart from prayer and giving you can also become the spokes person at your church to raise awareness, by having a three minute slot once a month in the church service.
Try writing to your elected representative to raise the issue with him. Ditto to the media, they will cover the plight of refugees, but don't cover the plight of Christian refugees.

Upvote 0

Kristen Davis

Dec 9, 2017
Alpharetta
✟11,497.00
Country
Georgia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You're right, the true people of God are persecuted not only by mass genocide but in daily life too.

Genocide of almost 2 millions christian Armenians by the Turkey Ottoman.

etc. etc. as happening now in ME and Africa.

In fact God never destined the christians to be martyred,
the early church was fed to lions, they were free to deny their faith and save themselves from death, but they choosed to defend the TRUTH of JESUS.

Yes christians are the main target for a number of reasons because they are treated unfairly and they are often persecuted for standing up for their religious rights.

Upvote 0