Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
In this forum and on the topic of politics, are we not Christians first and foremost? I am curious about why so many responses are aimed at trying to make others feel stupid or bad about their overall political views which they are entitled to. So are you such an angry Christian that you cannot discuss things without having some respect and compassion for your fellow Christian who might have different views than you?

9Rock9

Sinner in need of grace.
Nov 28, 2018
South Carolina
✟73,672.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
It's hard.

We hear about politics everyday and it's hard to escape. The media makes money by stirring up emotions.

We should all be praying that we can overcome our anger and heal as a nation.

• Friendly
Reactions: Lg2000
Upvote 0

mlepfitjw

May you be blessed!
Jun 23, 2020
Alabama
✟44,897.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The Lord Jesus Christ was never political but sometimes political and biblical agendas get mixed together. Mixing the world with the heavenly is a recipe for disaster.

Control your intake of information by not watching the news, or keeping up with everyone in the political things. If your friends talk about it you can let them talk about it and ask questions or whatever but you do not have to let it have to effect your life.

• Agree
Reactions: 9Rock9
Upvote 0

Taodeching

Oct 29, 2020
Southwest
✟60,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So are you such an angry Christian that you cannot discuss things without having some respect and compassion for your fellow Christian who might have different views than you?

Yes, that is why I can not interact in places on the forum or very briefly if I do.

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
wouldn't it depend on what the other persons position (or sometime what people suppose the other persons position) is? So if someone's position is a strongly held belief, wouldn't any disagreement (no matter how slightly different the other belief) is from the one someone holds determine a lot of times how we react? Christian or not? For instance say someone believes "X position" is a "take it of leave it" idea they hold, most of the time you wont see a strong argument in a discussion between people, people can calmly and softly discuss the arguments both for and against the position. Now turn the belief knob up to 10 on that belief/position and suddenly it's not so much a quiet discussion it becomes a matter of "faith!" and suddenly, anyone who dares to hold a position even slightly different from the one some people hold is seen as the enemy. Now if someone has concluded that the position they hold is actually the one the good Lord Himself is who holds that position as well? Well...the belief knob suddenly gets turned to 11, and the anathema's start raining down on everyone. :sigh:
tulc(is happy he managed to sneak a "Spinal Tap" reference into a thread) :sorry:

Upvote 0

Jaxxi

Half-ready for Anything.....
Jul 29, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
✟50,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
wouldn't it depend on what the other persons position (or sometime what people suppose the other persons position) is? So if someone's position is a strongly held belief, wouldn't any disagreement (no matter how slightly different the other belief) is from the one someone holds determine a lot of times how we react? Christian or not? For instance say someone believes "X position" is a "take it of leave it" idea they hold, most of the time you wont see a strong argument in a discussion between people, people can calmly and softly discuss the arguments both for and against the position. Now turn the belief knob up to 10 on that belief/position and suddenly it's not so much a quiet discussion it becomes a matter of "faith!" and suddenly, anyone who dares to hold a position even slightly different from the one some people hold is seen as the enemy. Now if someone has concluded that the position they hold is actually the one the good Lord Himself is who holds that position as well? Well...the belief knob suddenly gets turned to 11, and the anathema's start raining down on everyone. :sigh:
tulc(is happy he managed to sneak a "Spinal Tap" reference into a thread) :sorry:
It shouldn't matter one way or the other actually since everyone is entitled to their opinion, we should be able to listen to each other's points of view regarding their reasons why they feel the way they do without judgement or criticism. Often times people let their bias interfere with their sound judgement on a candidate that they know is right or wrong for the country, but because of their party, or their opinion, or their pride, they choose the way they do. Often times they do not " like" the other party and so anyone who may have voted for that person they automatically do not like them and that is plain ignorant! There were only what...3 choices? And not great ones at that! Many people can probably admit that it would be nice to have 2 people from each party to choose from. That way we could choose the best man for the job. Many people who do not care for Trump voted for Biden just so it would not be Trump, not necessarily because they thought Biden was going to be the best President we've ever had. Just because he was all there was. See my point? If we as Americans could just come together and admit this. Others may have felt Biden was too old, so they voted for Trump because he was the only other option- not because they wanted Trump as president again. Those are honest facts. Neither man is best for our country right now. Shoot, you would probably do a better job than either of them but continually our choices suck, and we are left fighting with each other and its only a matter of time. Divided we fall.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: tulc
Upvote 0

mlepfitjw

May you be blessed!
Jun 23, 2020
Alabama
✟44,897.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Jaxxi, this goes way past the way people choice base on biases and straight to the heart of the person. This is why I personally do not care of politics, it has been made clear in the bible we are to pray for those in charge of the country but that doesn't mean our prayers will be answered for people who desire and want things to go their own way.

You mentioned we should listen to each others point of view and decide for ourselves whether we agree or disagree is valid. Though when one disagrees we should not act rudely or hateful towards that person. We could choose to walk in the spirit and love the person and accept them for their views because we are all different and have many different perspectives when it comes to the world itself.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jaxxi

Jul 29, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
✟50,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Jaxxi, this goes way past the way people choice base on biases and straight to the heart of the person. This is why I personally do not care of politics, it has been made clear in the bible we are to pray for those in charge of the country but that doesn't mean our prayers will be answered for people who desire and want things to go their own way.

You mentioned we should listen to each others point of view and decide for ourselves whether we agree or disagree is valid. Though when one disagrees we should not act rudely or hateful towards that person. We could choose to walk in the spirit and love the person and accept them for their views because we are all different and have many different perspectives when it comes to the world itself.
Absolutely. That is my whole point, and we should put our feelings aside once someone becomes President out of respect for the office. As Americans we should ALL rally behind whoever it is because he is our President. UNTIL he tries to take our religious freedoms and then we draw the line. It has not happened yet but it is coming. We just need to keep praying and keep our eyes on Jesus because in the long run- He is EVERYTHING.

• Agree
Reactions: mlepfitjw
Upvote 0

mlepfitjw

May you be blessed!
Jun 23, 2020
Alabama
✟44,897.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Jaxxi I’m in agreement with you, it seems there is a lot more posting on news subjects or political subjects that anything else on here, especially during the election time. That is alright though people are people. We know we are to love them regardless of their ways of how they want the country to be. And on the internet it seems more like a concentrated mixture that is too strong to deal with sometimes.

At the end of the day when we shut our computers down, turn our phones off, and turn the tv off, what is left when extrapolate the internet out of existence too.

It’s people living lives one day at a time all need clothing, all need fed, and all need love.

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
(snip) UNTIL he tries to take our religious freedoms and then we draw the line. (snip)
Well the problem there is: who decides
A) what a religious freedom is
and
B) what constitutes "take"?
because I've had people explain to me (sometimes quite...emotionally) the strangest things they considered a "religious freedom". And a lot of times that 'take" sounded a lot more like "Because I don't like/agree with it, you shouldn't be allowed to do it."
tulc(is just curious)

Upvote 0

mlepfitjw

May you be blessed!
Jun 23, 2020
Alabama
✟44,897.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Not that much of a concern tulc. We have a constitution that allows freedom of religion. People believe some day that might be taken away, though I highly doubt that, especially in my view of belief that this world is never going to end aside from our death day.

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not that much of a concern tulc.
uhmmm...yeah, it's kind of a concern for some people. And I'm involved with a lot of those people in my ministry.

We have a constitution that allows freedom of religion. (snip)
It also allows freedom from other peoples religion as well. Which is what my point was. suppose I believed that eating pork was a terrible thing, and I was convinced it was something the Lord hated as well. So I decide since I don't like it and the Lord doesn't like it, you shouldn't be allowed to have pork either. Those are the kinds of "religious freedoms" that I have trouble with.
tulc(has been in some pretty heated discussions that were centered around things like the above)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Tulc, the only answer is then you respect them out of Love for God, and Love For others. Because People have free will choice, just like eve did to eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.
...you do understand that the above doesn't actually address my point, right? I have no interest in seeing people try and make America a "Christian Nation" (what ever that is) because I know that always seems to end in a lot of people getting hurt. all in the name of "this is what GOD wants!". Which, oddly enough, seems to look a lot like the people espousing that idea being the ones in charge of everything.
tulc(just a thought)

Upvote 0

Jaxxi

Jul 29, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
✟50,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Jaxxi I’m in agreement with you, it seems there is a lot more posting on news subjects or political subjects that anything else on here, especially during the election time. That is alright though people are people. We know we are to love them regardless of their ways of how they want the country to be. And on the internet it seems more like a concentrated mixture that is too strong to deal with sometimes.

At the end of the day when we shut our computers down, turn our phones off, and turn the tv off, what is left when extrapolate the internet out of existence too.

It’s people living lives one day at a time all need clothing, all need fed, and all need love.
And all need God whether they realize it or not. What do you say when you get shocking news on the telephone, or if you see a horrific car accident? We all say it. " Oh my God". This is not a fad, or a trend, or a culture thing. All people in different languages, we all say it. It is ingrained in us. Weird huh? When it's too big for us to handle we call on Him naturally without thought.

Upvote 0

Jaxxi

Jul 29, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
✟50,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Well the problem there is: who decides
A) what a religious freedom is
and
B) what constitutes "take"?
because I've had people explain to me (sometimes quite...emotionally) the strangest things they considered a "religious freedom". And a lot of times that 'take" sounded a lot more like "Because I don't like/agree with it, you shouldn't be allowed to do it."
tulc(is just curious)
Ok like the government banning the Bible, or forbidding religious jewelry, or burning churches, or breaking statues. Things like that. Being arrested for being a Christian. Persecution. Thats what I am talking about. It cannot be tolerated regardless of what their religion is. From the dark to the light, we must ALL be allowed to practice our faith whether we agree with their faith or not. Just like abortion. I am 100% against abortion but I would fight for a woman to have the right to choose for herself. It is not about the cause- it is about the right to uphold the cause.

Reactions: john23237
Upvote 0