Massachusetts
✟585,752.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
are christians past forcing children to school yet?
A child might feel forced. But it can be the parents deeply care about what they know can be good for the child. But can the child benefit from what is good?

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟585,752.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
But school isn`t good
Please give us one reason, why it isn't good.

And are you sure there is nothing at all which is good?

In school, there can be good things but also bad things. And in any part of human life this can be true, how there are both good and bad.

So, how about telling us however school is good?

Upvote 0

frankieberg1985

Feb 17, 2019
Lena
✟10,953.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Please give us one reason, why it isn't good.

And are you sure there is nothing at all which is good?

In school, there can be good things but also bad things. And in any part of human life this can be true, how there are both good and bad.

So, how about telling us however school is good?

Well, in the old days school was for people who wasn`t good at home things like baking and cooking for example so they spent their days at school reading simple books and so forth, but today many people actually believe that school is important but it only deters you from becoming better yourself by forcing nonsense on them

Upvote 0

Artra

The unforgivable sin is not repenting
Jan 31, 2019
United States
✟13,245.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Well, in the old days school was for people who wasn`t good at home things like baking and cooking for example so they spent their days at school reading simple books and so forth, but today many people actually believe that school is important but it only deters you from becoming better yourself by forcing nonsense on them

I understand your points, but I think it's important to ask why should we equate the flaws of the education system with Christianity? I'm sure a good portion of teachers and the boards of education are Christians, but does that mean all the decisions made for the sake of children's education are following Christ?

Upvote 0

frankieberg1985

Feb 17, 2019
Lena
✟10,953.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I understand your points, but I think it's important to ask why should we equate the flaws of the education system with Christianity? I'm sure a good portion of teachers and the boards of education are Christians, but does that mean all the decisions made for the sake of children's education are following Christ?

I just thought perhaps christians were past it

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟585,752.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well, in the old days school was for people who wasn`t good at home things like baking and cooking for example

but today many people actually believe that school is important but it only deters you from becoming better yourself by forcing nonsense on them
Ok, so thank you for taking the time to make this clear, including how you are doing your best to write in English which I suppose is not your first language.

And, welcome to Christian Forums, by the way :)

That is interesting, that ones good at things would be kept home . . . to do things . . . maybe while the ones not so good might be sent where school could babysit them.

But if someone is not good at something, he or she might do well to make an effort to get better at whatever can be helpful and good for people.

And being home with a good father or mother can be a good way to learn, because the parent loves his or her child and love can be very helpful to help someone to learn. When love is our reason, this can help a lot.

But now there can be schools which have cooking plus reading and other skills and sports. But this can be away from ones who deeply care about the children. Teachers are not all deeply devoted to caring for the children. We have seen problems about this in the news, in the United States.

A thing is, though, how laws and school can not teach a teacher or children how to love. Wherever you go, Jesus wants us to love people, including so they have our example to help them find out how to love. Finding out how to love is part of the most important and worthwhile and challenging and interesting education which we can get. So . . . God bless you, and thank you for sharing, and for anything else you have to say, now :)

Upvote 0

crossnote

Berean
Site Supporter
May 16, 2010
So. Cal.
✟250,151.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yeah, I saw this teacher again last christmas marked, I saw it on him that he knew it was wrong to keep me in school but he still thinks he`s Hitler or something, yeah without a backbone lol, are christians past forcing children to school yet?
How do you know he was a Christian? How do you know he wasn't following the policy of the educational establishment (which usually is run by secular humanists), not Christians?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

frankieberg1985

Feb 17, 2019
Lena
✟10,953.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
How do you know he was a Christian? How do you know he wasn't following the policy of the educational establishment (which usually is run by secular humanists), not Christians?

Well, most smarter people pretend to be believers wearing cross and so forth

Upvote 0

chilehed

Veteran
Jul 31, 2003
Michigan
✟237,116.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
today many people actually believe that school is important but it only deters you from becoming better yourself by forcing nonsense on them
Nonsense such as mathematics, history and reading?

Attributing moral superiority to ignorance is bizarre, but if you prefer stupidity to education that's your own business.

• Winner
Reactions: FireDragon76
Upvote 0

chilehed

Veteran
Jul 31, 2003
Michigan
✟237,116.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
But it is all just nonsense
Then why do you you use them? I mean, you're here, you write stuff. I imagine you like to make sure you don't overpay at the store, you like to get the correct change back and have your bank statement add up. You learned how to do those things at school... if it's all just nonsense, then go offline and let yourself get ripped off every day.

Upvote 0

Gregory95

You will know them by their fruits
Jan 15, 2019
missouri
✟37,762.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Seeing some not trying to be loving in their trying to help this person.... Negative reinforce only works on some people and even then a person shouldn't do something just to try and prove another wrong....

I agree ALOT of things that get teached in public schools is ridiculous for anyone not going to specialize in a field that uses it for example algebra

Now that being said basic math language and history are very important to know outside of that instead of things most children will NEVER use in average life they should be taught how to grow crops, cook , balance budgets etc things they will actually use

I see so many people my age who excelled in school but in the real world they are lost but they know algebra so that's something I guess

I understand the OP issues best I can say is just try your best just get it over with and learn useful skills in your free time since public schools hardly teach these things

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,450,436.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I agree ALOT of things that get teached in public schools is ridiculous for anyone not going to specialize in a field that uses it for example algebrat just get it over with and learn useful skills in your free time since public schools hardly teach these things

Carpenters, masons, electricians, plumbers--the masters who actually know their trades rather than simply following instructions--use algebra and plane geometry a lot. And calculate mostly in their heads.

Upvote 0

Gregory95

Jan 15, 2019
missouri
✟37,762.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Carpenters, masons, electricians, plumbers--the masters who actually know their trades rather than simply following instructions--use algebra and plane geometry a lot. And calculate mostly in their heads.
as I said my friend unless your specific field uses it

Most people are not those things

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,450,436.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
as I said my friend unless your specific field uses it

Most people are not those things

And if the public schools have spent 12 years having not trained a person well enough to enter a trade, that's certainly been a waste of time.

Upvote 0

chilehed

Veteran
Jul 31, 2003
Michigan
✟237,116.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I agree ALOT of things that get teached in public schools is ridiculous for anyone not going to specialize in a field that uses it for example algebra
Everyone I've ever known who says stuff like that has all kinds of problems that they wouldn't have if they knew those things they say are so useless.

• Agree
Reactions: RDKirk
Upvote 0

Gregory95

Jan 15, 2019
missouri
✟37,762.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So the majority that don't use it is justified by the minority that dose?
And if the public schools have spent 12 years having not trained a person well enough to enter a trade, that's certainly been a waste of time.

Upvote 0