✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
Hello All

Another simple Question. Are Christians Counted as God's People/Children?

Who is the mother or brother of Christ?

The one (human) who does the will of His Father in heaven. What is the will of the Father? He said many times obedience and love is what He asks. You are obedient out of love, and because you love you are obedient.

Without a full attempt of obedience (afforded to you by Grace to get it right) you cannot claim to love the Most High God, because what child would continuously disobey their parents, and then claim they love them?

Christian is just a title - often a misnomer.

Upvote 0

SaintCody777

The young, curious Berean
Jan 11, 2018
Miami, Florida
✟53,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Hello All

Of course! We are adopted children of God. Even the whole point of 1 John is to tell the difference between a child of God and a child of the devil.

Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟797,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
1 Peter 2:9-10
9 But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for his own; that you should show forth the praises of him who has called you out of darkness into his marvelous light:
10 Who in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: who had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy.

Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟797,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What about the Jews? He hasn't forsaken them.
The Israelite apostles of the Jewish Messiah say I am a Jew (Rom 2:27-29), say I am "Abraham's seed" (Rom 4:16/Gal 3:29), say I am "the peculiar people, royal priesthood, holy nation" (1 Pet 2:9-10), say I am the circumcision-less Israel of God (Gal 6:15-16), say I am "no longer a stranger but a fellow citizen of the commonwealth" (Eph 2:19), say I was once not a people but now am the people of God (1 Pet 2:10) and say I am the circumcision (Phil 3:2-3). Each and every one of these statements takes a key identifier/distinctive of Israel and labels me with it. Meanwhile, Christ calls the disobedient genetic sons of Abraham the "sons of satan" and the "synagogue of satan" (Rev 2:9/John 8:39-47), and St. John says that those who deny the Son have no claim whatsoever to the Father (1 Jn 2:23)

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
your post supports my position as the 1st section you quote is certainly drawing a line and you are on one side of it or not. I see the spiritual law that the victory of sin is death. The promise you quote can be showing who is raptured and who is not. Jews not saved are living in spiritual mortal peril. They come to faith at the 2nd coming or during the tribulation. This is the group that Isaiah 61 talks about in the day of vengeance of our God. You see if there is a millennium then those left of the nations seen in Zech 14 will include survivors from many nations and they will be the ones who live and repopulate the earth while the LORD's throne is in Jerusalem. The wrath of God is clearly seen in the tribulation as described in your quote. This is no the end of this earth. In Zech 14 we see Jerusalem being overrun and the women being ravished on the day the LORD returns. At the end of the 1000 years after Satan has been bound and then released he gathers an army and surrounds Jerusalem and then fire comes down from heaven and that is it. These are totally separate events with a 1000 years in between.

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟818,915.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Hello All

I'd say that those baptized in God's Holy Spirit are God's children. Many people call themselves Christian but just how many of them believe is unknown.

Upvote 0

Artra

The unforgivable sin is not repenting
Jan 31, 2019
United States
✟13,245.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hello All

'Christian' is a self-proclaimed title; God's people are the ones who follow the path to righteousness. I'd say Christians are required to strive to be God's people, but that doesn't mean they truly do or will.

Upvote 0

martymonster

Veteran
Dec 15, 2006
✟175,709.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hello All

Anyone who says they follow Christ, are God's people, but only those who really follow him and have his doctrines, are his. The Jews are God's people, but only in type. In other words, the Jews are Christians in type.

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,399.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Anyone who says they follow Christ, are God's people, but only those who really follow him and have his doctrines, are his. The Jews are God's people, but only in type. In other words, the Jews are Christians in type.

Are Muslims Christians in type too?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,399.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Yes, but I'll leave it there. People tend to get upset at the truth.

I disagree wholly. Only Christians are any part Christian. Those without Christ are not any part Christian and are every part antiChrist-ian by definition.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What about the Jews? He hasn't forsaken them.
They have the same opportunity to accept Jesus as their Lord and Savior as anyone else. Romans 11:25 "I do not want you to be ignorant of this mystery, brothers and sisters, so that you may not be conceited: Israel has experienced a hardening in part until the full number of the Gentiles has come in," some translations use the word blindness.

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,399.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I don't think you understand what I mean. I'm talking about types and shadows.

Still doesn't work. One is either a Christian or they aren't. There will definitely be some in false religions that will accept Christ and be Christians but those that do not will go to the LOF on judgment day. Many scriptures attest to this but this shows it well enough:

Joh 15:5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.
Joh 15:6 If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

martymonster

Veteran
Dec 15, 2006
✟175,709.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Still doesn't work. One is either a Christian or they aren't. There will definitely be some in false religions that will accept Christ and be Christians but those that do not will go to the LOF on judgment day. Many scriptures attest to this but this shows it well enough:

Joh 15:5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.
Joh 15:6 If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.

Um, I don't think you are quite grasping the concept of types and shadows.

Upvote 0