Are Christians allowed to eat pork under the New Covenant?

• Thread starter LittleLambofJesus
  • Start date

Is it lawful for Christians to eat pork under the NC?

• Yes! It is now lawful under the NC!

• No! It is still unlawful under the NC

• I am not sure

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Tangible

Decision Theology = Ex Opere Operato
May 29, 2009
cruce tectum
Visit site
✟59,743.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
If this is the argument you want to make then not only should Christians observe all 613 commandments of Torah, but Christians should be entirely halachically observant, and that means all of the stipulations, traditions, and pronouncements of the oral traditions (Mishnah) and rabbinical commentaries (Gemara), as well as other Tannaim sources which comprise the great wealth of Jewish religious literature.

An honest person would suggest that the Christian should go all the way, rather than only part way in pretending to be Jewish.
For I tell you, unless your righteousness exceeds that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.

Upvote 0

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟369,441.00
Faith
Non-Denom
For I tell you, unless your righteousness exceeds that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.

Romans 7:24 Wretched man that I am! Who will set me free from the body of this death? 25 Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, on the one hand I myself with my mind am serving the law of God, but on the other, with my flesh the law of sin.

Reactions: Tangible
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Interesting point. Are we free to neglect God's holy sabbatical year and His holy year of Jubilee?

What does Hebrews 10 say about sacrifices and offerings? How can you have civil laws about the year of Jubilee if you don't have a theocracy?

The "Westminster Confession of Faith" (section 19) and the "Baptist Confession of Faith" (also section 19) have good answers for that question about Civil laws and a theocracy.

Upvote 0

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟369,441.00
Faith
Non-Denom
What does Hebrews 10 say about sacrifices and offerings? How can you have civil laws about the year of Jubilee if you don't have a theocracy?

The "Westminster Confession of Faith" (section 19) and the "Baptist Confession of Faith" (also section 19) have good answers for that question about Civil laws and a theocracy.

So, what makes one Sabbath moral and another Sabbath immoral?

Upvote 0

Bible2+

Matthew 4:4
Sep 14, 2015
✟91,195.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
BobRyan said in post #415:

Hebrews 7:12 For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law.

Is about the change of the Law regarding the Preisthood.

Note that it's "also" about the Old Covenant Mosaic law more generally. For Christians, whether Jews or Gentiles, aren't under the Old Covenant Mosaic law. For:

Galatians 4:21 ¶Tell me, ye that desire to be under the law, do ye not hear the law?
22 For it is written, that Abraham had two sons, the one by a bondmaid, the other by a freewoman.
23 But he who was of the bondwoman was born after the flesh; but he of the freewoman was by promise.
24 Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the one from the mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage, which is Agar.
25 For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children.
26 But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.
27 For it is written, Rejoice, thou barren that bearest not; break forth and cry, thou that travailest not: for the desolate hath many more children than she which hath an husband.
28 Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are the children of promise.
29 But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit, even so it is now.
30 Nevertheless what saith the scripture? Cast out the bondwoman and her son: for the son of the bondwoman shall not be heir with the son of the freewoman.
31 So then, brethren, we are not children of the bondwoman, but of the free.
Galatians 5:1 ¶Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.
2 Behold, I Paul say unto you, that if ye be circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing.
3 For I testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is a debtor to do the whole law.
4 Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.

5 For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith.
6 For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love.
7 Ye did run well; who did hinder you that ye should not obey the truth?
8 This persuasion cometh not of him that calleth you.

This means all Christians, whether Jews or Gentiles, should stop trying to keep the letter of the Old Covenant Mosaic law. For it shows that any Christians who try to keep the letter of the Old Covenant Mosaic law place themselves into bondage (Galatians 4:21-25). They become entangled again with the yoke of bondage (Galatians 5:1). They set themselves up to be cast out (Galatians 4:30). Jesus Christ will profit them nothing (Galatians 5:2-4). Jesus is become of no effect to them (Galatians 5:4). They're fallen from grace (Galatians 5:4).

Upvote 0

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟268,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The Bible says not to eat rats.
The Bible is the Word of God - according to Christ in Mark 7:6-13.

The Bible shows that the perfection in Yahweh's design for us had just food from vegetation for us, with nothing to be thought of for food from animals, and no processed food. This is what the return to Yahweh's perfect design will have for those of the redemption coming to, creation groans for it, and the unrepentant, those not redeemed, will have no such pleasantries, but only suffer continuously. That this design for us is best for us is shown in the compelling studies that show this for us now, as it was also shown in the Bible, not just among the long-lived patriarchs in the many centuries after the fall until the end of the global flood, but also with the chosen way among Daniel and his friends in that Babylonian captivity. It is what is best for us to return to, and we will, but it isn't just for then, in what there is that believers hope for, and that creation groans for, but is yet best for us now, with which it is demonstrable that we are likely to come to better health, that is if we are not contrary to Yahweh God, that he would still work against us.

There should be more trust that there are very tasty meals that are entirely of food from vegetation, as there are, for options that are available, instead of mistrust of it spread that has people choosing meals that are so unhealthy instead, along with misinformation spread for people to continue that way.

Upvote 0

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟369,441.00
Faith
Non-Denom
The Bible shows that the perfection in Yahweh's design for us had just food from vegetation for us, with nothing to be thought of for food from animals, and no processed food. This is what the return to Yahweh's perfect design will have for those of the redemption coming to, creation groans for it, and the unrepentant, those not redeemed, will have no such pleasantries, but only suffer continuously. That this design for us is best for us is shown in the compelling studies that show this for us now, as it was also shown in the Bible, not just among the long-lived patriarchs in the many centuries after the fall until the end of the global flood, but also with the chosen way among Daniel and his friends in that Babylonian captivity. It is what is best for us to return to, and we will, but it isn't just for then, in what there is that believers hope for, and that creation groans for, but is yet best for us now, with which it is demonstrable that we are likely to come to better health, that is if we are not contrary to Yahweh God, that he would still work against us.

There should be more trust that there are very tasty meals that are entirely of food from vegetation, as there are, for options that are available, instead of mistrust of it spread that has people choosing meals that are so unhealthy instead, along with misinformation spread for people to continue that way.

Virtually all food is "processed" unless it is eaten raw, picked directly from nature. Cooking is a form of processing. If you wish to pursue your argument, then your diet would be restricted only to fresh food picked from nature. That would eliminate bread and related baked food and cooked vegetables. The net result of such an approach would be mass starvation as in most climates food requires some form of preservation in order to keep it for winter months when no fresh food is readily available.

That said, one can easily believe that Adam and Eve only ate fresh fruits and vegetables, but even then their diet did not assure them endless life. If you want to return to life in Eden before the Fall you are on a fool's errand.

Upvote 0

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟268,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
FredVB said:

bbbbbbb said:
Virtually all food is "processed" unless it is eaten raw, picked directly from nature. Cooking is a form of processing. If you wish to pursue your argument, then your diet would be restricted only to fresh food picked from nature. That would eliminate bread and related baked food and cooked vegetables. The net result of such an approach would be mass starvation as in most climates food requires some form of preservation in order to keep it for winter months when no fresh food is readily available.
That said, one can easily believe that Adam and Eve only ate fresh fruits and vegetables, but even then their diet did not assure them endless life. If you want to return to life in Eden before the Fall you are on a fool's errand.

What a lousy statement for a counter argument to give! If this is a way other posts are often made, I would think it would provide a poor reputation for the poster.

This makes a false premise in what is being responded to, so it is a straw man argument. "Processed" speaking about food is not talking about cooking, there are people who eat raw, but I am not speaking for that, and I imagine even Adam and Eve were able to cook some things in the Garden. Processed food is what is generally understood, it was really bad to switch the meaning to make an argument, it is what doctors, and nutritionists, say it is, and almost anyone else. This post didn't consider or respond to any of the more than ten actual points I submitted. Food that is not processed is not with the artificially made things, but having just whole foods, those are the foods that are growing, and can be gathered, such as what you find for produce, it can be fruits, or grains, or nuts or seeds. Whole grain bread can consist of whole foods, and not be considered processed, but breads otherwise are processed food. This is simple and really it shouldn't be necessary to explain. Meat would be whole food, but this will be of the animal products that it is better to avoid, as I was saying. The studies show this, I made points from the scriptures of the Bible. If you would continue to make a counter argument, at the very least consider all the points I made. If those are realized, there isn't a good position to persist in avoiding that better way, and continue in having the Standard American Diet, and defending or promoting it.

Nothing of this is about restoring what there is of the perfection in the Garden provided for humanity that only Yahweh could give. You know, or really should, that animal products were still not given from Yahweh's permission until there was definitely not enough vegetation growing after the flood, and after Noah gave a sacrifice to Yahweh, many centuries after Adam and Eve fell and were removed from the Garden. There are things of the provision for us which are shown, that it is so right for us to pursue having. Eternal life, with no death, and no sorrow or suffering ever, are things only to come from our Creator. Other things are a model to us, right for coming to with godliness that we who believe should come to.

Seriously, find the time for it and see the Forks Over Knives movie, from DVD where you can find it, or from Netflix. You can't just make counter arguments, without knowing the information about it.

Further, if you really care about mass starvation, rather than just referring to it, you would willingly give up animal products over that issue. Being a part of the demand for animal products takes more land and resources that would otherwise provide for many times over enough food for all.

Upvote 0

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟369,441.00
Faith
Non-Denom
What a lousy statement for a counter argument to give! If this is a way other posts are often made, I would think it would provide a poor reputation for the poster.

This makes a false premise in what is being responded to, so it is a straw man argument. "Processed" speaking about food is not talking about cooking, there are people who eat raw, but I am not speaking for that, and I imagine even Adam and Eve were able to cook some things in the Garden. Processed food is what is generally understood, it was really bad to switch the meaning to make an argument, it is what doctors, and nutritionists, say it is, and almost anyone else. This post didn't consider or respond to any of the more than ten actual points I submitted. Food that is not processed is not with the artificially made things, but having just whole foods, those are the foods that are growing, and can be gathered, such as what you find for produce, it can be fruits, or grains, or nuts or seeds. Whole grain bread can consist of whole foods, and not be considered processed, but breads otherwise are processed food. This is simple and really it shouldn't be necessary to explain. Meat would be whole food, but this will be of the animal products that it is better to avoid, as I was saying. The studies show this, I made points from the scriptures of the Bible. If you would continue to make a counter argument, at the very least consider all the points I made. If those are realized, there isn't a good position to persist in avoiding that better way, and continue in having the Standard American Diet, and defending or promoting it.

Nothing of this is about restoring what there is of the perfection in the Garden provided for humanity that only Yahweh could give. You know, or really should, that animal products were still not given from Yahweh's permission until there was definitely not enough vegetation growing after the flood, and after Noah gave a sacrifice to Yahweh, many centuries after Adam and Eve fell and were removed from the Garden. There are things of the provision for us which are shown, that it is so right for us to pursue having. Eternal life, with no death, and no sorrow or suffering ever, are things only to come from our Creator. Other things are a model to us, right for coming to with godliness that we who believe should come to.

Seriously, find the time for it and see the Forks Over Knives movie, from DVD where you can find it, or from Netflix. You can't just make counter arguments, without knowing the information about it.

Further, if you really care about mass starvation, rather than just referring to it, you would willingly give up animal products over that issue. Being a part of the demand for animal products takes more land and resources that would otherwise provide for many times over enough food for all.

Please feel free to eat what you wish. Far be it from me to prevent you. I will not judge you according to what you eat or don't eat (Romans 14:20 Do not tear down the work of God for the sake of food. All things indeed are clean, but they are evil for the man who eats and gives offense. 21 It is good not to eat meat or to drink wine, or to do anything by which your brother stumbles. 22 The faith which you have, have as your own conviction before God. Happy is he who does not condemn himself in what he approves. 23 But he who doubts is condemned if he eats, because his eating is not from faith; and whatever is not from faith is sin.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟268,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
FredVB said:

"Processed" speaking about food is not talking about cooking, there are people who eat raw, but I am not speaking for that, and I imagine even Adam and Eve were able to cook some things in the Garden. Processed food is what is generally understood, it was really bad to switch the meaning to make an argument, it is what doctors, and nutritionists, say it is, and almost anyone else. This post didn't consider or respond to any of the more than ten actual points I submitted. Food that is not processed is not with the artificially made things, but having just whole foods, those are the foods that are growing, and can be gathered, such as what you find for produce, it can be fruits, or grains, or nuts or seeds. Whole grain bread can consist of whole foods, and not be considered processed, but breads otherwise are processed food. This is simple and really it shouldn't be necessary to explain. Meat would be whole food, but this will be of the animal products that it is better to avoid, as I was saying. The studies show this, I made points from the scriptures of the Bible. If you would continue to make a counter argument, at the very least consider all the points I made. If those are realized, there isn't a good position to persist in avoiding that better way, and continue in having the Standard American Diet, and defending or promoting it.

bbbbbbb said:
Please feel free to eat what you wish. Far be it from me to prevent you. I will not judge you according to what you eat or don't eat (Romans 14:20 Do not tear down the work of God for the sake of food. All things indeed are clean, but they are evil for the man who eats and gives offense. 21 It is good not to eat meat or to drink wine, or to do anything by which your brother stumbles. 22 The faith which you have, have as your own conviction before God. Happy is he who does not condemn himself in what he approves. 23 But he who doubts is condemned if he eats, because his eating is not from faith; and whatever is not from faith is sin.

So, as I might expect at this point, without addressing anything I said, at any actual point, there is falling back on one of the most abused with misapplication passages in scriptures, which certainly have nothing at all to do with any of the points I actually was showing.

Clearly what I said of the https://www.forksoverknives.com site was not checked to really consider, and so there is no argument to make against my position, with the scripture passages that I use, that do apply, that eating only without animal products and processed foods is really what is best for us, and with what Yahweh God wants for us, as the Creator who provides for that, having just food from vegetation is what is meant for us.

See that online there are great options for this.

Shredded Barbecue - BLOG.EatPlant-Based.com

Upvote 0

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟268,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Bacon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

View media item 55376
If you want to respond to all the good points made with an expression of love for having the most carcinogenic and artery clogging helpings there are go on but if you think it clever, that does not impress, and I and others won't take offense at that display, it doesn't do anything for an argument.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟369,441.00
Faith
Non-Denom
So, as I might expect at this point, without addressing anything I said, at any actual point, there is falling back on one of the most abused with misapplication passages in scriptures, which certainly have nothing at all to do with any of the points I actually was showing.

Clearly what I said of the https://www.forksoverknives.com site was not checked to really consider, and so there is no argument to make against my position, with the scripture passages that I use, that do apply, that eating only without animal products and processed foods is really what is best for us, and with what Yahweh God wants for us, as the Creator who provides for that, having just food from vegetation is what is meant for us.

See that online there are great options for this.

Shredded Barbecue - BLOG.EatPlant-Based.com

There are various criteria used for health. The primary criterion seems to be longevity. I just returned from a 100th birthday celebration for my mother's cousin who continues to dine on the diet you abhor. She is quite alert and nimble and manages to climb up and down stairs quite on her own. Her sister is now 96, but not as nimble. Prior to this, their aunt held the family record and lived to be 94, although the doctors had diagnosed serious heart disease in her early 60's and had predicted that she could never live to see 70.

When you celebrate your centennial birthday I promise to send you a birthday card.

My mother was not so fortunate. She died at 91. My father died at 82 from the prolonged results of injuries suffered in World War II.

The fact is that God has numbered our days, not us.

Upvote 0

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟268,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
bbbbbbb said:
There are various criteria used for health. The primary criterion seems to be longevity. I just returned from a 100th birthday celebration for my mother's cousin who continues to dine on the diet you abhor. She is quite alert and nimble and manages to climb up and down stairs quite on her own. Her sister is now 96, but not as nimble. Prior to this, their aunt held the family record and lived to be 94, although the doctors had diagnosed serious heart disease in her early 60's and had predicted that she could never live to see 70.

I have had communication of this sort before and often enough there is response counter to me with such anecdotes. Sure there can be such variation, and there are those with good genes that predisposes individuals to having a greater life expectancy. Still I can't assure you that if you eat in the most healthy way there is, you won't get hit with a bus and die right away from that. And there is a chance, a small one to gamble on, that you will live long anyway while still making choices having what is not healthy for that. Still while such that were not vegan in these anecdotes lived long, I doubt they had as much meat and fast foods and other processed foods as most who have the SAD do.

There are other issues which I mention besides health that give reason enough to be vegan, and these are still stubbornly resisted with ignoring, with the healthiness that I speak of there is no good reason compelling enough to not be vegan. Period. Look into it if you dare. There is no getting around it, other than to dismiss it out of hand.

The information for how healthy it is has basis that is overwhelming, with even all the population of China used as a study for it, and no other study ever, for anything, has been so overwhelmingly thorough for it. And there are many other studies concurring.

This is why I refer to things like Forks Over Knives which really should be looked at. I don't just speak out of a vacuum on this.

I care enough that information on this is seen, I even am typing in by my own hand this meaningful quote, as it is not available for copying anywhere online that I know of, but can be found in the book I refer to, and is seen communicated in the film which I refer you to.

"... Thanks to these doctors and researchers, along with an emerging body of scientific evidence from all corners, we now know that a whole-food, plant-based diet is more powerful at preventing and treating chronic diseases than any medication or procedure. We are so convinced by the evidence that we believe if this diet came in a pill, it would be heralded on the front pages of newspapers and magazines around the world for its effectiveness.

"There is a movement underway as hundreds of thousands of people, if not more, are trying the whole-food plant-based lifestyle for themselves and finding great success. We have personally seen remarkable results in our own medical practice, not to mention experienced it in our own lives. Here are just a few of the significant life-changing results you may expect:

"Prevent and reverse the leading chronic ailments. A whole-food plant-based diet can prevent, halt, and reverse heart disease and diabetes. Other diseases that are also positively impacted by this type of diet include: high cholesterol, high blood pressure, obesity, and overall mortality. Cancer is also significantly affected by this diet. In fact, the foods that make up this diet are the exact same foods that were recommended in the first "surviving cancer" dietary recommendations. There is also evidence that a plant-based diet may reduce the risk of diverticular disease, gallstones, rheumatoid arthritis, gout, and kidney disease. Furthermore, after switching to a plant-based diet, people routinely report experiencing or seeing in others improvements in a range of ailments, including osteoporosis, arthritis, headaches, acne, asthma, sexual dysfunction, reflux, lupus, inflammatory bowel disease, dementia, Alzheimer's, multiple sclerosis, infertility, insomnia, and sleep apnea. They even find themselves experiencing fewer or less intense colds, viruses, and allergies."

There are many more benefits that are still spoken of after that part that I was quoting, but it is with typing this all up copying it for the first time, under less than ideal circumstances, that make it less desirable to continue further with that. But how are these things not enough for seeing the need for change that way? And for God's perfect way for us, would it be something else without such benefits, instead? I find scripture passages suggesting that perfect way for us is with this.

When you celebrate your centennial birthday I promise to send you a birthday card.

Really? There is no certainty I claim for myself that I will make it that far, neither is there that you will live long enough for that either. You are not in such contact with me that leaves it possible. Yet if it isn't seen, I am a person caring to be helpful. If you meant that rather than just saying it to make it seem too unbelievable and nothing more, and you yet wanted to be in contact with me, I would have it possible for us, and do what I can to make it worthwhile. But then if I live that long, and you do too with staying in contact, I would hold you to that.

The fact is that God has numbered our days, not us.

I don't deny that at all whatsoever. Yet God would not be contrary to us making sensible choices for betterment, while continuing in godliness, even growing in it as we should. These benefits possible I see as being provision from God, and don't see God being against at all. Truth is valued to share, and this is godly too.

I see fellow believers personally that suffer bad ailments. They can be healed miraculously, some are, many aren't, and die, even with prayer for them. Yet some of such things are related to the unhealthier ways that were had in life. I see there are choices we can have with different outcomes, it is not all fatalism.

Upvote 0

StevenBelievin

Trust In God
Site Supporter
Mar 26, 2017
Fort Worth, TX
✟144,217.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
View media item 55376
If you want to respond to all the good points made with an expression of love for having the most carcinogenic and artery clogging helpings there are go on but if you think it clever, that does not impress, and I and others won't take offense at that display, it doesn't do anything for an argument.

I normally eat things that have faces (like cows and pigs), and occasionally some vegetables that are caramelized in butter and salt.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟268,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
FredVB said:

StevenBelievin said:
I normally eat things that have faces (like cows and pigs), and occasionally some vegetables that are caramelized in butter and salt.

There should be awareness, this is a serious issue, and it does call for attention. If that were really the approach, that a number of meateaters communicate, desire to eat what has a face, I would not want such in any proximity to me, with that psychopathic nature had. In light of all I was saying, as if it was read, such things shouldn't be just said. There is biblical basis against that, and a number of other issues contrary to speaking such. If what I said was read, there is still blatant disregard of it all. And this response is speaking of items still, that disregards what I show about a totally healthier way, where I was saying there are tasty things among that, and that response involving the choice to favor what is widely known to be killers to ingest. Deep fried carbohydrates produce what causes cancer. And endorsing butter and salt, do I need to point out information on the problem with that, really? A diet heavy on those things is extremely unhealthy, and would have someone looking as bad as the one in the depiction saying "Bacon!" to a post, it will kill such off with that continued, hopefully you don't.

BobRyan said:
Leviticus 11 - says not to eat diseased meat and rats. In fact the Gospel has nothing at all to do with trying to get people it ignore the word of God - and to start eating diseased meat and rats.

True enough, the gospel of Christ does not point to change of Yahweh's will as was expressed, certainly Jesus was and is in agreement with it. And what really shows is that there is a problem with meat, such that some should be excluded, there is the subtle message of that, as there is with the warning, which is so generally neglected, to remove all the blood before preparation to have. It matters what the perfect will of Yahweh for us has been. This has been in the design in the beginning, shown with what is the permitted food originally provided. It was all plant-based, fully vegan, and though this was so for many many centuries, the original perfection before the fall had no animals dying either. Yahweh's compassion for creatures shows too, as in Proverbs 12:10. We disregard that if continually getting meat without regard for how it was derived, Yahweh God frowns on that. There are horrendous circumstances that such animals are kept in, hundreds of billions of them, contrary to what Yahweh showed there should be. These things should not be supported, as they are with continually obtaining products from that with purchases that keep the demand for that. Creation is groaning, and Yahweh God has promise of deliverance coming. But as we may pray for God's will in this world as it is in Heaven, if we desire that as we should, it should start in our lives here.

Reactions: Dkh587
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
View media item 55376

Some have argued that eating that which causes cancer or heart disease or that which God forbids in scripture (in places like Leviticus 11 forbidding the eating of diseased meat and rats etc) -- does not matter under the Jer 31:31-33 New Covenant. Have a rat sandwich if you like because of the cross - God no longer cares about that - according to Jer 31:31-33.

However if one actually "looks" at Jer 31:31-33 it says the New Covenant is this "I will write My LAW on their heart and mind". This has been transmogrified into "I will delete My Law".

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
The Council of Jerusalem made it quite clear that Gentile believers need not be circumcised (circumcision would bring them under the Mosaic covenant). That means that for Gentile believers at least, there is no reason why they can't eat pork.

However, all of our examples of Jewish believers ate kosher. James and the thousands of Jewish believers in Jerusalem in Acts 21:20 were all "zealous for Torah." Paul testified before Festus that he kept every Jewish law. I believe this sets the precident for Jewish Christians. Although we should make it a point that obeying the Law does NOT bring salvation.

Upvote 0

Bible2+

Matthew 4:4
Sep 14, 2015
✟91,195.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Open Heart said in post #439:

However, all of our examples of Jewish believers ate kosher. James and the thousands of Jewish believers in Jerusalem in Acts 21:20 were all "zealous for Torah."

Note that even the apostle Paul didn't stop being a Jew, for he always maintained he continued to be a Jew (Acts 22:3, Romans 11:1). But he made it clear the letter of the Old Covenant Mosaic law should no longer be kept, not even by Jews (Romans 7:6, Galatians 2:11-21, Galatians 4:21 to 5:8, Galatians 3:2-25; 2 Corinthians 3:6-18). For it had been abolished even for Jews on the New Covenant Cross of Jesus Christ (Ephesians 2:15-16, Colossians 2:14-17, Hebrews 7:18-19, Hebrews 10:1-23, Matthew 26:28). Also, just as Jews don't stop being Jews when they become New Covenant Christians, so all people in the Church, whether genetic Jews (Romans 11:1) or genetic Gentiles (Romans 16:4b), have become spiritually-circumcised Jews if they have undergone the spiritual circumcision of water-immersion (burial) baptism into Jesus (Romans 2:29, Philippians 3:3, Colossians 2:11-13).

Also, while all Christians, whether Jews or Gentiles, are delivered from the letter of the Old Covenant Mosaic law and shouldn't keep it (Romans 7:6; 2 Corinthians 3:6-18), they must still keep the spirit of the Old Covenant Mosaic law (Romans 7:6) by loving others (Galatians 5:14, Romans 13:8-10), by doing to others as they would have others do to them (Matthew 7:12). And Jesus taught that Christians have to obey all His New Covenant/New Testament commandments (John 14:15).

Upvote 0