Are Calvinists little replacement Holy Spirits or biblically illiterate?

ConquerorPlus

Feb 6, 2016
A dry and thirsty continent downunder
✟410.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Why should a Christian possibly want to ask a Calvinist, when Jesus came to restore the relationship lost in the fall? The practical outcome of this restoration is that BELIEVERS can now hear the voice of the Father like dumb sheep do.

But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things

Reactions: ToBeLoved

AMR

Presbyterian (PCA) - Bona Fide Reformed
Jun 19, 2009
Chandler, Arizona
Visit site
✟211,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You will need to be more clear in your post.
"when Jesus came to restore the relationship lost in the fall?"

Do you mean "when [did] Jesus came [come] to restore the relationship lost in the fall?

Are you just looking for a temporal time frame or something else? Unpack your post so that a reasonable person may understand what you are seeking as a response.

It would be better if one sets out to take a Calvinist to task to be as perspicuous as Calvinists are in their own communications. Just 'sayin. :blush:

Upvote 0

Atlantians

Student of Theology and History.
Mar 28, 2006
California
✟14,453.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Why should a Christian possibly want to ask a Calvinist, when Jesus came to restore the relationship lost in the fall? The practical outcome of this restoration is that BELIEVERS can now hear the voice of the Father like dumb sheep do.

But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things

I think you have misunderstood the nature of this forum.

The point is to ask Calvinists questions about what we believe regarding what the Father teaches in the Scriptures.

Christians don't historically believe that the Holy Spirit is our personal tutor, but that the scriptures are the means by which the Holy Spirit does 'teach us all things'.

Upvote 0