Are Black People More Spiritual ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angel*Eyes

Feb 20, 2005
✟16,572.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I'm black and I don't think that we are more spiritual. Also, not all black church's are the same. There are some stiff and conservative black churches.

There are over 32 personality types, so all blacks are not the same. In my own family, some people are more conservative and prefer to worship God with out all the expression/emotion.

Spirituality is about RELATIOSHIP with God not style of music, style of clothing, outward behavior.

Upvote 0

Alpine

Resident Sojourner
Sep 19, 2005
Wisconsin
✟25,655.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Um, I agree, perhaps you missed this?

"So it really isn't that they are more spiritual than anybody else but they're able to express what is in their soul alot easier or in different ways than anybody else."

Maybe I misread ya :p

Upvote 0

mrhappy3

May 9, 2006
LONDON
✟8,314.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
My wife is black (african).....and to be truthful, in a lot of those Churches, they do a lot of good.

The only trouble is the culture leads to believing almost anything thats thrown form the pulpit and the offerings go on and on. (as do the services).

I can only take so much of it.

100% for passion and commitment

25% for discernment

Upvote 0

tonysma

Sep 9, 2006
Kansas
✟7,954.00
Faith
Non-Denom
so replies on here state it is because they are more emotional??
The spirit moves through you..you are gonna be emotional...has been
my experience that when the spirit is moving through me that I can not
control the emotion...
so are the whites suppressing the spirit... :D
I am white but if they had a black spiritual filled, emotional members, church around me..I would go to it..:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Alexander Nevsky

friend of the Huns
Nov 21, 2008
Greece
✟8,085.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Generally, I think “being more spiritual” has to do more with cultures rather than races. A black person living in America will be as spiritual as the average American. A black person in Africa will resemble average Africans, and so forth. In terms of races, the white man is the least spiritual.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

THE OLD BUM

Dec 16, 2008
✟348.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
In Relationship
My wife is black (african).....and to be truthful, in a lot of those Churches, they do a lot of good.

The only trouble is the culture leads to believing almost anything thats thrown form the pulpit and the offerings go on and on. (as do the services).

25% for discernment
:)

Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟245,339.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
'White' Christians as a body have compromised so many times and have become lukewarm. 'We can't say that, we might loose our tax break'.

African Christians come over and havent been acclimatised to the lukewarm spiritual climate. They're new, they'll learn.

:sorry:

Reactions: msbojingles
Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟245,339.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

25% for discernment

The trouble is that so many Christians are becoming 'discerning' i.e suspicious of what the speaker in the meeting says they have forgotten one thing. We need to be more discerning in the world.

I have met Christians who are very suspicious of the offering plate, where is this money going to? What is this pastor saying? Then they go to the pub and get hammered, or go to a fortune teller/ oujia board. Thats the stuff they should be discerning about!

Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟245,339.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

'You can't come straight out and give people the gospel, they might not like us. The denomination might get hostile press attention. We might loose our tax break and have to start a roof fund. Just say something Christianese that won't hurt their feelings! There's a good bunny.

Yeh all roads lead to Rome! Worship that lollipop if you like. Sure have sex with a goat, as long as you are committed to each other. Abort babies if you like, they're only fishes. Lets have a conference on this, only 2,000 more babies will die while we dither'

Quote from the Right Reverned Bishop of Dimchester, DR I M A Druid

No wonder Africans appear more spiritual, they tell the truth, regardless of who likes them, tax breaks or whatever.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

NaLuvena

Nov 18, 2008
Apia, Samoa
✟10,557.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The spiritual person is led by the Spirit. As we cannot see what the Spirit is doing in someone's life, we can only judge by the fruit.

Saying that one race/color grouping is more spiritual than another is wrong. In every group, there are always the spiritual ones and the natural ones. Race/color has nothing to do with it.

Reactions: KleinerApfel
Upvote 0

Seeking Him

May 19, 2008
USA
✟10,287.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The spiritual person is led by the Spirit. As we cannot see what the Spirit is doing in someone's life, we can only judge by the fruit.

Saying that one race/color grouping is more spiritual than another is wrong. In every group, there are always the spiritual ones and the natural ones. Race/color has nothing to do with it.
I agree.:)

Upvote 0

SpiritPsalmist

Heavy lean toward Messianic
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
I think I looked at this a different way.

You seem to be discussing this as race differences in your own country.

I was talking more cultural as in , if you go to somewhere like indonesia, india or somewhere like that where traditions are different.

No sure if I am putting this right.
Sorry if it sounds confusing.

I think that other cultures, such as some who've never heard the gospel, when they do hear it take it at face value and don't pick it apart to the point of their disbelieving. I think that in some cultures, where there is a lot of witchcraft and such, when the power of the Holy Spirit comes upon them, they see greater miracles of God when they do accept Jesus as Savior because they don't sit back in their easy chairs and evaluate it to death. They just believe it.

Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟245,339.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Hi There:wave:

I agree with you. But in the context of this country {UK}, by and large people coming into this country are more spiritual. You can see it right away. And you can see these people after a time becoming cooled down by the atmosphere here. New people on fire for Jesus go round the mullberry bush a few times, then cool off.

Unfortunately the churches in the UK by and large have become lukewarm, cynical, poor, blind and naked. Some bishops even stand up and say they dont believe in the virgin birth! Few are standing up for the Lord.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.