Are alot of christian men singles becuse many christian women prefer non christian husband?

Lost Witness

Ezekiel 3:3 ("Change")
Nov 10, 2022
New York
✟97,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That's your decision to submit or not. But it's not the bible that is wrong on this issue.

Hebrews 13:17: "Obey your leaders and submit to them—for they keep watch over your souls as those who will give an account—so that they may do this with joy, not groaning; for this would be unhelpful for you."
What Qualifies someone as a "leader' I can be a leader with little to no time taking a course online?
Do I need to go to "college" to be a leader?
I don't recall the Original disciples going to secular colleges to be leaders and being told 'what scripture means"
I recall them getting that straight from the LORDS Holy Spirit,
So again I ask you who are these 'leaders"?

Upvote 0

GodBeMercifulToMeASinner

Sep 21, 2022
The South
✟28,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If they claim they are a believer, and go on to marry a non-Christian they are in sin..be not unequally yoked with unbelievers. However, many of these ‘Christian’ women married to unbelievers really aren’t Christian. They just go to a manmade denominational building lorded over by a modern pastor on Sunday, and live like the world Mon-Sat. Immodest dress, adornments, worldly activities and entertainment, feminist ‘values’ and political ideologies and the like. That isn’t a Christian. I can say that I am a professional baseball player, I can go through some of the motions and people who know nothing of the sport would perhaps believe it. But it doesn’t make me a pro baseball player.

I would be willing to be friends with a non-Christian woman but that is it. I can tell them my experience and how I came to the Lord, I can tell them all about that day I was shown what I was, what I deserved, and what I needed. But I cannot convert anyone. Neither can any denominational building or modern pastor. Only God can do that. I can pray for them, that God may grant them the same experience I had the day I converted. I believe He will do that, many are called as it is written. However, a person must use their own free will to repent. God will honor their free will. If I meet someone I cannot be with due to their not being a follower of Christ well that’s just someone I can pray for. I do not expect to convert them or be with them but it is a chance to serve God by getting an opportunity to share my experience and pray on their behalf.

No manmade denominational church, or modern pastor, or ‘soul winners’ or people who coerced me into reciting a sinner’s prayer ever did anything to convert me. Been there done it all. And afterwards later the same day I was right back to getting high off marijuana, drinking, cussing like a sailor, blaring the satanic music of the world, and having sex with my pagan feminist girlfriend. It was only on that day of reckoning years later, God through His mercy and kindness gave me an opportunity to take my first step out of the sewer. The sorrow I felt upon being shown what a guilty hell deserving sinner I was, was mind blowing and I thank Him so much for that experience. When the church goers said this to me I couldn’t care less. Yeah I am a sinner and I do not care. God had to smack me in the back of the head for things to sink in properly and it happened out of nowhere. However, the denominational buildings, Sunday school, modern pastors, ‘soul winners’ and the like..they planted the seeds which gave me a sort of very basic foundation. I knew who to turn to when things got real on that day of reckoning thanks to those folks and I pray for them all may God bless them abundantly.

Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟836,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
What Qualifies someone as a "leader' I can be a leader with little to no time taking a course online?
Do I need to go to "college" to be a leader?
I don't recall the Original disciples going to secular colleges to be leaders and being told 'what scripture means"
I recall them getting that straight from the LORDS Holy Spirit,
So again I ask you who are these 'leaders"?
Leaders would be leaders in the church, chosen by the body or Godly ordained men who are pastors. He gives authority to teach and preach and we are to submit to Godly leadership.

And most of the disciples were trained, especially Paul, who was highly educated. They spent three years with Jesus being trained before going out on their own.

Upvote 0

linux.poet

Electric Nightfall
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2022
Poway
✟202,509.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I will disagree with much of this based on past experiences that put a really bad taste in my mouth and left me saddened by what I saw and experienced. Times are different now and while what you said is true and still holds well for most, it does not hold well for all.
Hebrews 10:23-25 said:
Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful. 24 And let us consider one another in order to stir up love and good works, 25 not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as is the manner of some, but exhorting one another, and so much the more as you see the Day approaching.

How are single people going to find husbands or wives if they aren't in the church? We're supposed to marry believers, and romance doesn't work over the internet fully. Eventually you're going to have to meet in person. Meanwhile, single folk need more support from their churches, not less, because they need friendships to take care of them when they are older. This is striking me as very lacking in intelligence.

• Agree
Reactions: DragonFox91
Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟731,424.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
As someone who has reached middle age and whose relationship experience is limited to about a one year period in my mid-30's, my familiarity with being single is pretty strong.

I don't think blaming is a particularly helpful strategy here. Having been single but spending a lot of time helping friends out in their relationships, both men and women, and simple observation has led me to see that men often like to blame women, and women often like to blame men. Yet, neither are the problem. If a woman isn't interested in me, it isn't the fault of "women". The most likely scenario is that they simply didn't have an interest in me, and people are free to not be interested. Nobody is owed anyone else's affections. It doesn't matter how attractive you think you are, how nice you think you are, or anything else. Nobody owes anyone else romantic affection.

When we start to imagine that we "deserve" certain things from other people because, as we see it, we've put in "the work" to be desirable we are no longer thinking in a healthy way. That leads to the objectification of other people, that leads to viewing our fellow human beings as things to be possessed. That the other person exists for me. From a Christian perspective this can never be acceptable. the Chief Commandment we have received is to love our neighbor as ourselves, because if we love God then we love those made in His image--which is every single person we ever come into contact with.

Simultaneously, the answer isn't to fall back into self-loathing. Self-blame isn't going to help; self-hatred is not humility, modesty, nor compassionate; because quite ironically self-blame and self-hatred produces anger and bitterness that ends up being used to harm others. And frequently self-blame can mutate into the blaming of others; especially when we perceive the criticisms or even the most harmless words of others as personal attack--we may think, "I am already angry with myself, why is this person now heaping more pain on me?" When that isn't even their intent--and so such things can result in lashing out.

Learning to respect ourselves and others, to learn a peaceableness about where we find ourselves is, I think an important lesson we all need to learn over the course of our lives (because it can't be as though it is a one time lesson, we are always learning the tough lessons, and many, many, many times again and again).

But in learning to accept that it is okay if someone else is not interested in us, that it is okay to spend seasons alone (perhaps even very long ones, perhaps even for most or the entirety of our lives) and that what truly matters isn't that I have someone who desires me, but that I learn how to grow and love others even when it does not benefit me, means far more in the grand scheme of everything.

Take the opportunities of singleness as the season to grow and figure ourselves out, to sort out what kind of priorities we have about life. Because the well-lived life is not a rose-colored one; but a life which has endured the tests and trials and has gone through the fire.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,284.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Non Christians (including of other religions) tend to be better optimists about the world than Christians. So they project higher levels of confidence which is appealing to women.

Christians are less optimistic because they're looking forward to the end and the transformation of this world that is quite unlike now. Ironically, most Christians don't think that way. They love the world and worldly things so many ends up falling in love with non-Christians.^_^

• Informative
Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,284.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
That's how apocalyptical cults happen.

I'm not saying Christians are pessimists. Only less optimistic and less hopeful on average than unbelievers concerning our world.

Like if unbelievers are 90% optimistic, Christians on average would be 80%. Less but still generally optimistic.

While many say they look forward to the end, the rapture. They don't really believe it because they're not doing anything at all.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

frank1234

Apr 26, 2006
Winnetka, California
✟35,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

Are alot of christian men singles becuse many christian women prefer non christian husband?​

I hope not! If you are really Christian, then there is no other option but a Christian believer as a husband. It will be unequally yoked!!

Upvote 0

Miles

Student of Life
Mar 6, 2005
USA
✟381,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
While many say they look forward to the end, the rapture. They don't really believe it because they're not doing anything at all.
How do you know they're not doing anything? It seems to me that preparation looks different depending on the individual.

Personally, what's in my heart and in my prayer life isn't always visible to others. There's also a lot of speculation about what exactly the end times (new beginning!) will look like, the Kingdom of God, the new Earth and Heaven, etc. I figure that God will do it however he wants to. Without the Creator I wouldn't be anything to begin with, so I'm just thankful for the opportunity to exist and witness some of the amazing things He has made.

A little off topic but still interesting to think about.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hawthorne

CF Singles High Council
Sep 1, 2005
Going to and fro and up and down in the earth.
✟44,826.00
Faith
Marital Status
Private
Leaders would be leaders in the church, chosen by the body or Godly ordained men who are pastors. He gives authority to teach and preach and we are to submit to Godly leadership.

And most of the disciples were trained, especially Paul, who was highly educated. They spent three years with Jesus being trained before going out on their own.
To say nothing of the deep familiarity prevailing theologies and apocalyptic and wisdom literature the apostles display in their writings that has caused many a secular critic to dismiss the idea they were written by "first century Galilean peasants."

Non Christians (including of other religions) tend to be better optimists about the world than Christians. So they project higher levels of confidence which is appealing to women.

Christians are less optimistic because they're looking forward to the end and the transformation of this world that is quite unlike now. Ironically, most Christians don't think that way. They love the world and worldly things so many ends up falling in love with non-Christians.^_^

I'm not saying Christians are pessimists. Only less optimistic and less hopeful on average than unbelievers concerning our world.

Like if unbelievers are 90% optimistic, Christians on average would be 80%. Less but still generally optimistic.

I agree a non-Christian would be optimistic if he's following the present world system and I can follow you that the women going after these optimistic pagans weren't strong in their own faith to begin with. But as far as this comment about Christians being generally less hopeful, and this rapture business, there is a lot more to eschatology or "end times" than that; postmillennialism, for example, is extremely optimistic and triumphant. And I'd argue if one's theology is pessimistic, he has gone astray somewhere. All the majesty and pomp exhibited by earthly princes is but a dim refraction of the glorious triumph that has been the saga of the Lord God and His Christ. But that's off topic.

Reactions: Saucy
Upvote 0