Are alot of christian men singles becuse many christian women prefer non christian husband?

KJ91

Oct 9, 2022
Skåne
✟19,757.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I cant be the only one who noticed that many christian women are married to atheist and muslim men. Meanwhile many christian men are singles.

Who will the christian single males marry when the christian women are already taken by atheist and muslim men? Becuse non-christian women are for sure not intrested in marry a christian guy.

In 99 % cases, the children innherent their fathers beliefs. This is a problem. Christianity dies out this way.

God wants christians to be married to eachother, so not sure what is going on.

Diamond7
Diamond7
If your an american it is easy to find a Christian women from a third world nation that wants to improve her economic or job situation by coming to America.
Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟250,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I cant be the only one who noticed that many christian women are married to atheist and muslim men. Meanwhile many christian men are singles.

Who will the christian single males marry when the christian women are already taken by atheist and muslim men? Becuse non-christian women are for sure not intrested in marry a christian guy.

In 99 % cases, the children innherent their fathers beliefs. This is a problem. Christianity dies out this way.

So that is common where you live. In my area there are not many atheist or muslims.

Reactions: saved24
Upvote 0

ThisIsMe123

This And That
Mar 13, 2017
✟186,363.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I cant be the only one who noticed that many christian women are married to atheist and muslim men.

Is this really a thing where you live? How do you know this?

Although, I wouldn't go as far as to date an atheist, I would be open to someone of a spiritual variety. At any rate, I find people in general will marry or date someone who treats them right, is of good character. People have experience that just because someone is Christian doesn't make them a good spouse.

Upvote 0

angelsaroundme

Mar 4, 2020
Georgia
✟140,726.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Sweden is known as one of the most secular/atheist countries. There is about 8% Muslims in Sweden based on Pew Research Centre. Since there is a high percentage of non-Christian men, a lot of men trying to date women won't be Christian.

I'm guessing that in a very secularized country like Sweden, most Christians there aren't super religious. They may consider their partner being Christian as a bonus rather than a priority.

Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,159.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Perhaps women in Sweden find the Arab immigrants more physically attractive.

Nordic countries used to be pagan with somewhat more appeal to women, then they accepted the Christian religion and now, they seemed to have abandoned all religions although some are returning to paganism

So it would appear that by instinct, they really don't like Christianity. Doesn't agree with their "roots" as pagans eons ago.

Not saying you should quit being a Christian. Just have patience or as I've told you before, consider traveling to other countries.

Upvote 0

stacey7

Nov 7, 2022
chicago
✟15,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
That's not exclusive to Christian men. It is hard to find real Christians in today's society. Christian women are out there its just hard to find us. "In 99 % cases, the children inherit their father's beliefs." this is only correct in Muslim families usually a child will follow their mother's belief According to Jewish law, the religion is passed down through the mother. It also says during the last years there will be a spirit of unbelief and the woman and men will fall into relations with their own gender.

Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟214,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Some people think Christian women go for non-Christian men b/c they want to change them. TBH a lot of Christian women I see who do date non Christian men don't seem very Christian to me in the 1st place.

We've also discussed in the past (for some reason) a lot of Christian women see Christian men as uncool, awkward, or not physically attractive. Too safe or too boring.

Upvote 0

linux.poet

Electric Nightfall
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2022
Poway
✟202,509.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I've met a number of unfortunate Christian women married to unbelievers over the years, and I think if young Christian women could hear their stories of pain, how many times they have been scared of their husbands, how many desperate prayers they have prayed, and how many tears they have cried, they would never date an unbeliever again.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

stacey7

Nov 7, 2022
chicago
✟15,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Some people think Christian women go for non-Christian men b/c they want to change them. TBH a lot of Christian women I see who do date non Christian men don't seem very Christian to me in the 1st place.

We've also discussed in the past (for some reason) a lot of Christian women see Christian men as uncool, awkward, or not physically attractive. Too safe or too boring.

yes, I completely agree, many lukewarm Christians marry unbelievers. The Lord is merciful though and many are brought to christ through the hardship caused by such a union.

Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟214,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

I've also seen it both ways. Where the guy is more Christian but chooses to date a girl who isn't.

• Agree
Reactions: stacey7
Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟379,648.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I only recall two women from my old young adult group whom I know for a fact married unbelievers. One had an unsubmissive personality and the other was both a manipulator and a snob. The majority of them married other men in the church who were not me.

Upvote 0

ThisIsMe123

This And That
Mar 13, 2017
✟186,363.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I've met a number of unfortunate Christian women married to unbelievers over the years, and I think if young Christian women could hear their stories of pain, how many times they have been scared of their husbands, how many desperate prayers they have prayed, and how many tears they have cried, they would never date an unbeliever again.

However, I've known Christian women that had gone through the same suffering and anguish to their cheating Christian husbands.

I knew a woman, who divorced her husband and had to move back in with her parents, and he was a church pastor, that cheated on her.

Another I met on a dating site, that was married to Christian men, divorce 3 times, went through so much suffering and abuse/cheating from each one. So, rest assured, just because they are Christian, doesn't mean they'd make a good partner. Rest assured, the idea of being husband #4, was a hard pass.

• Agree
Reactions: Andromeda00
Upvote 0

ThisIsMe123

This And That
Mar 13, 2017
✟186,363.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I've also seen it both ways. Where the guy is more Christian but chooses to date a girl who isn't.

Interesting you'd bring this up...A guy at work asked his co-worker out. She's a devout Christian...a Hallmark only TV Christian....and he said to me, that she's a great gal, but he was concerned that they may not be at the same level regarding that. Like for instance, she may not approve of his interests/hobbies or whatever.

A couple of months later, I was like "So, I guess....you're still together, you know, because of what you said earlier" and he said "Yeah, she was cool with it. Guess it wasn't a concern after all." I Guess with him being a mediocre Christian, with her entire family being more active.

Because of her though, he did start going to church after not having gone for a while. Basically meeting her at her level of church activity, but outside of church, I don't know.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Nettle

Aug 28, 2022
Private
✟21,844.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
When I started reading your post my first thought was "do these Christian women you have met, have Atheist fathers?"
Depending on their upbringing and family life maybe their social circles are worldly, or they are encouraged to befriend people with worldly qualities.

I don't know whether there is a straightforward reason.
There may be single Christian women out there who you have not met just yet :)

Upvote 0

linux.poet

Electric Nightfall
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2022
Poway
✟202,509.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I knew a woman, who divorced her husband and had to move back in with her parents, and he was a church pastor, that cheated on her.
I know of a guy who was an unbeliever who pretended to be a pastor, had eight kids with a Christian woman, and proceeded to divorce her. You might be interested in reading Confessions of a Roadkill Christian by Faith Ann Raider.

But you're kinda talking to the wrong person on this and barking up the wrong tree. My dad was a Christian when he abused me. My brother was a Christian when he was totally confused in that situation and didn't help me. My mother was a Christian when she told all of my secrets to my dad and fed his abuse, too weak to really fight back. If anyone knows that Christian is NOT anti-abuse insurance, it's me. Christianity doesn't insure you against abuse any more than it insures you from getting punched in the face. And emotional abuse is basically a series of emotional punches to your self-worth face.

Also, if anyone endured abuse, it's Jesus Christ. It's hard to see because we're thousands of years in the future, but the Pharisees were sickos in the emotional abuse department. Really, a guy is going around healing people in your town - actually legitimately healing them - and you're asking him nasty questions to try and take him down. You value taking money from people more than helping them. Not to mention the physical abuse of the cross. We're over here crying because we're getting punched and kicked and thrown around, and meanwhile we don't even know what is like.

Avoiding abuse is a SECULAR value. Christianity is not about avoiding abuse and being "nice", it's about enduring abuse and overcoming it in God's strength and power. My abuse scars and the fact that I'm still standing after all that are God's glory, and if I have to endure more abuse for God's glory and honor, so be it. Our problem is that we don't train children to recognize that they will be facing abuse for their whole life, so they aren't prepared to take it on when it arrives and think it won't happen to them. They fail to recognize when they are being used and led astray into ineffectiveness.

Now let us be clear: a Christian abusing another Christian is WRONG. This instructions leave no room for abuse of any kind:

Ephesians 4:25-32 said:
25 Therefore, ridding yourselves of falsehood, speak truth each one of you with his neighbor, because we are parts of one another. 26 Be angry, and yet do not sin; do not let the sun go down on your anger, 27 and do not give the devil an opportunity. 28 The one who steals must no longer steal; but rather he must labor, producing with his own hands what is good, so that he will have something to share with the one who has need. 29 Let no unwholesome word come out of your mouth, but if there is any good word for edification according to the need of the moment, say that, so that it will give grace to those who hear. 30 Do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. 31 All bitterness, wrath, anger, clamor, and slander must be removed from you, along with all malice. 32 Be kind to one another, compassionate, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you.

Meanwhile, I would also advocate for using wisdom to avoid an abusive marriage partner. As Proverbs says,

Proverbs 24:6 said:
For by wise guidance you will wage war, And in an abundance of counselors there is victory.

Proverbs 27:15-16 said:
A constant dripping on a day of steady rain
And a contentious woman are alike;
16 He who would restrain her restrains the wind,
And grasps oil with his right hand.

Proverbs 15:17 said:
Better is a portion of vegetables where there is love,
Than a fattened ox served with hatred.

As I can testify, dealing with an abuser takes time and wastes years of your life spiritually battling that person for your very sanity. You don't want to put time into that if you don't have to. If you can take 2,000 hours of what would have been spent battling an abusive marriage partner and put that into a healthy marriage instead, that's a far better bargain. Better yet, put that into missionary work, evangelism and building the Church instead. You want to use your abilities in the most effective way for God's glory and honor.

Meanwhile, if someone is an abuser, not giving them an abusive marriage is the best thing you can do for them. Failure causes humans to think, if only a little bit. If they keep failing, and the abuse stops working for them, eventually they will stop doing it. Add one failure to the stack and warn the rest of the sheep.

But the beginning of this post was an anecdote to the fear of dating Christians because they might be abusive. Because Christians are actually more likely to be abusers than non-Christians. It is true.

The reason is that the sin nature of mankind, in Christians, is in the process of being cured. Which behavior is more unpredictable, a drug addict with a big supply of drugs or an addict going through withdrawal? Unbelievers tend to be sedate. They get enough Netflix to feed their sin nature, they will be okay going to their jobs and being lied to for the next 8 hours. A Christian comes home from work after being lied to for 8 hours and their mind is spinning with stress about how what their boss did was wrong, wrong, wrong and they feel powerless. Then they read Ephesians 5:22 and abuse their wife to get their sense of power back.

Meanwhile, the abusive wife reads Ephesians 5:22 and her sin nature is snarling against it. She will continuously complain about everything to force her husband to go through hoops for her, because she wants to control her husband. She will do this because her sin nature hates submission and wants to escape the marriage. But in an unbeliever marriage, the sin nature would be appeased by making the husband and wife "equal" and thus she wouldn't feel the need to deal with that unsubmissive part of herself.

The sin nature of mankind does not go gently into that good night. It is violent and adulterous - after all, it is responsible for all of the murders and adulteries in the world. It is the source of all abuse. And if you attack the violent, adulterous, and abusive part of yourself, it's going to fight back with what it has, which is adultery, abuse and violence. Now we should learn to contain this internal war inside of ourselves so that it doesn't affect others, but sometimes the reaction is so extreme that isn't possible. This thing can fracking control your emotions and your body without your conscious intervention. If I had a dime for every extreme emotion I've felt that I didn't want to feel that the sin nature inflicted on me, I would have enough money for a very nice yacht.

And I'm still not done. Because your marriage is, in the end, not about you and your pleasure or misery. It's about your witness to your children and your effectiveness for God's glory in showing the relationship between Christ and the Church. If you marry an unbeliever, your children will be receiving mixed marriages from the parents about what is true and they will have to be equipped to discern truth at an early age. Every lie the unbeliever parent tells that child that they believe is one more struggle that they will have to face as an adult that could impair their effectiveness for God's glory and honor.

Meanwhile, abusers lie to their children too, but the children are less likely to believe the lies that an abuser tells them. Why? Because abusers hurt! The more someone causes us emotional pain, the more likely we are to distrust the information source. Meanwhile, the unbeliever husband is the happier and slimier liar who is likely to win my child's affections and turn them against me. I mean, children have the sin nature of mankind - who are they going to like more, the strict Christian parent fighting their sin nature at every turn or the slimy unbeliever parent who appeals to the child's sin nature and buys it proverbial cookies? So much motherly grief praying for lost children.

For this reason alone, I would take the Christian abuser husband over unbeliever husband any day of the week. Of course, I would also take "remain single for the rest of my life" over Christian abusive husband any day of the week as well. But I'm going to date Christian men and shall not consider the unbeliever.

Romans 8:18 said:
For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory that is to be revealed to us.

Another I met on a dating site, that was married to Christian men, divorce 3 times, went through so much suffering and abuse/cheating from each one. So, rest assured, just because they are Christian, doesn't mean they'd make a good partner. Rest assured, the idea of being husband #4, was a hard pass.
The common denominator in all relationships she had was her. I suspect this poor woman never recovered from her first abusive husband. If you don't recover, you're still an abuse victim, and abuse victims attract abusers.

This is why any guy who approaches me will be heavily scrutinized. I don't want to be jerk and I have put a lot of effort into my recovery and not looking like an abuse victim (thanks @bella for the latter), but still, I would prefer to hang back, observe guys, and pick one to pursue myself rather than have someone approach me. I suspect the low-hanging fruit grows on poison-fed trees and the fish that are the closest to my shore swim in toxic waters. Previously, I've had "success" by deciding that I want a guy who is better than me and "I can never have" and improving up to his level, rather than trying to find the guy I think I deserve. I aim to continue this pattern. My future husband must be someone who will continually push me to improve in the relationship, not someone who drags me down on purpose.

Upvote 0

peaceful-forest

Nov 5, 2022
-
✟65,263.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

This is interesting. As a female Christian, I have a different perception.

I was saved when I was 19. Even then, it was hard to find single Christian men. Apparently I was supposed to snag one in high school? Or attend a Bible college in my late teens/early 20s and get one there?

I have tried online dating since there are barely any single Christian men at churches in my area. I had poor experiences with online dating unfortunately (for example 2 of them ghosted me).

It is hard to desire a Christian man because in general, they are boring. Who are they beyond their Christian beliefs? What are their hobbies, their interests, their goals, their personalities, etc? My perception and experience is that non-Christian men are more fun and it's easier to know who they are as a person.

Before I was saved, I had a romantic relationship with an atheist. Even though I believed in God, the reason I had this relationship is because he was a good friend and we had good times together. We generally got along, except when he started on his atheist beliefs.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟947,248.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Apparently I was supposed to snag one in high school? Or attend a Bible college in my late teens/early 20s and get one there?

The majority of Christian books on dating and marriage are written by people who attended Christian colleges and met their companion. Doing the same in a different setting is demonstratively harder.

I have tried online dating since there are barely any single Christian men at churches in my area. I had poor experiences with online dating unfortunately (for example 2 of them ghosted me).

You’re in good company. Many of the participants on the site had similar experiences and acknowledge the absence of single women in church. Hopefully your admission will demonstrate it isn’t one-sided.

It is hard to desire a Christian man because in general, they are boring. Who are they beyond their Christian beliefs? What are their hobbies, their interests, their goals, their personalities, etc?

Why do you say that? Do you think they struggle communicating their interests beyond beliefs?

My perception and experience is that non-Christian men are more fun and it's easier to know who they are as a person.

That can be the result of personality, comfort, experience, and expectations. Unbelievers have the liberty of dating without the necessity of marriage and Christians do not. Marriage is the goal and requires greater scrutiny.

Before I was saved, I had a romantic relationship with an atheist. Even though I believed in God, the reason I had this relationship is because he was a good friend and we had good times together. We generally got along, except when he started on his atheist beliefs.

Atheists are accustomed to defending their position and are usually articulate and relatively intelligent. Defending their beliefs increases their confidence and improves interactions. Having dealt with all three I feel comparisons are a little unfair. You can’t expect them to act like unsaved men or atheists. There’s supposed to be a difference.

What they lack is equally absent on the other side. You won’t find a room full of hot chicks, the prettiest or most personable either. You’re dealing with a different demographic.

We like what we like but preferences have consequences and we have to count the cost. If you want a certain type that’s fine. But you may have to wait.

My standard didn’t change and I wouldn’t waver. But I knew I could get him. I wasn’t afraid to roll the dice. But that isn’t the right choice for everyone. Unless I had a well established pattern of attracting my ideal I wouldn’t paint myself in a corner. Give yourself some wiggle room. :)

~bella

Last edited:
Reactions: DragonFox91
Upvote 0

peaceful-forest

Nov 5, 2022
-
✟65,263.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Why do you say that? Do you think they struggle communicating their interests beyond beliefs?

I haven't been around many single Christian men. I can name three that I've met in the 12 years I've been saved.

I don't think there are opportunities to get to know them. I had gone to a church for many years that was against having a Singles Bible study class (I no longer attend that church for that reason). When I did online dating, I made dumb decisions about what I wanted; for example, I focused way too much on looks. But I'm not like that anymore. I definitely know what I want in a man now!

I'd really like to know where these single Christian men are. Because they're definitely not in my area!

Upvote 0